Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

BONJ JOVI to take part on MTV's Katrina Benefit concert TODAY!

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 09-11-2005, 12:38 AM
Blaze of Posting

Thumbs down BONJ JOVI to take part on MTV's Katrina Benefit concert TODAY!

BON JOVI Confirmed to take part in MTV Networks REACT NOW BENEFIT CONCERT - SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 10
(Friday, September 9, 2005)

BON JOVI will be taking part in the MTV Networks REACT NOW: MUSIC & RELIEF Campaign. This was confirmed today. The band's new album comes out on September 14th in Japan, September 19th internationally and September 20 in the US/Canada. Extensive promotional activities and travel were planned and were committed to by the band prior to the horrific events surrounding Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath. The band will not be in the United States on Saturday, September 10th to participate live. Therefore, the band took time out of their Thursday, September 8th promotional schedule and pre-taped a live performance exclusively for this cause. Below is the official press release with the latest details about the event:

NEW YORK, Sept. 9 /PRNewswire/ -- Due to the outpouring of artists who want to share their music and messages of support for the victims of Hurricane Katrina, MTV, VH1, and CMT announced an extended list of music, television and film celebrities taking part in the on-going relief campaign that will launch on Saturday, September 10th at 8pm ET/PT with "ReAct Now: Music & Relief." The multi-genre special, which will air simultaneously and commercial free across the MTV Networks music services (MTV, VH1, CMT, MTV2, VH1 Classic, mtvU, MTV Espanol, MTV Hits, MTV Jams, MTV Puerto Rico, on broadband video networks MTV Overdrive and VH1 VSpot, and streamed live on CMT.com), as well as in various global markets (including the UK, Africa, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Denmark, France and Canada), has also been extended to air past midnight.

The special will feature live and taped musical performances from a wide range of artists celebrating diverse musical genres, all in a unified effort to help those in need. Special songs dedicated from the road by some of the biggest and legendary names in music will compliment live performances emanating from Los Angeles, Nashville and New York. In addition, many more musicians and actors will be featured in testimonials, providing personal stories and their reflections on the rich musical and cultural heritage of the affected Gulf region. "ReAct Now: Music & Relief," part of an ongoing effort by MTV, VH1, and CMT, will seek to raise funds for The American Red Cross, The Salvation Army, America's Second Harvest and will also encourage their respective audiences to donate, volunteer, and find out more about how they can help.

U2, Coldplay, Hank Williams, Jr., Jon Stewart, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Allen Toussaint, Norah Jones, Bon Jovi, Elton John, Fiona Apple, Big & Rich, Emmylou Harris, Buckwheat Zydeco, Dennis Quaid, Sugarland, George Lopez, Beck, Jewel, Chris Thomas King and more have joined the incredible list of talent taking part in this special.

Previously announced artists include: The Rolling Stones, Neil Young, Kanye West, Sheryl Crow, Paul McCartney, Alan Jackson, 3 Doors Down, Kelly Clarkson, Brian Wilson, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Kid Rock, Melissa Etheridge, The Neville Brothers, Trent Reznor, Motley Crue, Simple Plan, Dashboard Confessional, Goo Goo Dolls, Staind, Good Charlotte, Audioslave, Common, John Mayer, Marc Broussard, Maroon 5, The Radiators, Green Day, Usher, Alicia Keys, John Mellencamp, Dave Matthews Band, Rob Thomas, Gretchen Wilson, David Banner, Linkin Park's Chester Bennington.

"ReAct Now: Music and Relief" will also be made available to other networks interested in airing the special in its entirety. Starting last week, all the CMT, VH1, and MTV platforms began awareness campaigns to provide information to viewers on how to get involved and participate in the relief efforts. Viewers and users will continue to be directed to web sites and numbers where they can make donations of money, clothing, equipment, and anything else that may help the affected areas.

Each of the respective news departments for MTV, VH1, and CMT are also covering and filing reports from the devastated areas. MTV News is planning a special that will also air on Saturday, September 10th, directly preceding and following "ReAct Now" on MTV.

The American Red Cross is asking people to help by making an online contribution to the Disaster Relief Fund at http://www.redcross.org or by calling 1-800-HELP-NOW to donate, signing up with a local chapter to volunteer or making a blood donation.

The Salvation Army is currently providing services to storm victims and first responders in the Gulf Coast states. A $100 donation to The Salvation Army will feed a family of four for two days, provide two cases of drinking water and one household clean-up kit, containing brooms, mops, buckets, and cleaning supplies. A contribution can be made online at http://www.salvationarmyusa.org, or by calling 1-800-SAL-ARMY.

America's Second Harvest -- The Nation's Food Bank Network is in need of food and funds to respond to Hurricane Katrina in states impacted by the disaster including Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi and Florida. America's Second Harvest national Network of food banks and food-rescue organizations has moved into disaster response mode to help sister food banks directly impacted by the wrath of the ferocious storm.

I was surprised no to see this posted here so I just thought I should, even if most of you already know by now.

Old 09-11-2005, 04:40 AM
Blaze of Posting

They did a great accoustic rendition of 'Someday I'll be Saturday Night' with David Bryan playing the accordion and Bobby Bandiera playing madolin. Neither Tico or Hugh were there.
I was a great performance.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:42 AM
Runaway

I agree. It was definately a great performance. It had slightly different lyrics as well. I hope they put it up for download as they are doing with some of the other performances from the telethon.

Satnight
Old 09-11-2005, 05:55 AM
Hardest Part is the Night

Send a message via AIM to eheaps

The whole show is actually pretty good. Sat. Night was great. Thank god MTV went with the "commercial-free" route this time around. I guess they learned their lesson.

Check out my new rock music blog -> http://herestorock.blogspot.com/
Old 09-11-2005, 06:15 AM
Jovi Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier
They did a great accoustic rendition of 'Someday I'll be Saturday Night' with David Bryan playing the accordion and Bobby Bandiera playing madolin. Neither Tico or Hugh were there.
I was a great performance.
I agree very good performance. I was pleasantly surprised with hearing Saturday Night. LOVED IT! Loved having the accordian an Bobby Bandiera on the mandolin.

deb
Old 09-11-2005, 06:24 AM
Blaze of Posting

I was expecting them to do Livin on a Prayer accoustic since it was so well recieved on the concerts for New York back in '01. But when I think about it saturday night was a better choice.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:31 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

It always amuses me that they never do Keep the Faith at events like this. I think it'd be good fit.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:59 AM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi
It always amuses me that they never do Keep the Faith at events like this. I think it'd be good fit.
You think??? How so? I don't see it particularly fitting at all - like NOT at all - according to my interpretation of the song.
I miss the fire that was once in your eyes
Well come on and say something now
Old 09-11-2005, 09:10 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunkywho
You think??? How so? I don't see it particularly fitting at all - like NOT at all - according to my interpretation of the song.
I never went line by line, but even the chorus:

"Faith, you know you're going to live through the rain
You've got to keep the faith
Faith, don't let your love turn to hate
you've got to keep the faith"

I don't mean anything by the "live through the rain"/Katrina thing, that's just a coincidence. Even for the 9/11 show , I could see KTF going over well. Now, Wanted dead or alive, THAT one doesn't fit in and borders on inappropriate, as I see it.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:20 AM
Jovi FANatic

I thought this was a great choice of a song and an excellent performance by the guys. It wasn't a song I had thought of for this event, but it fit . Thought Jon and Richie were in good voice.
So far I'm pretty impressed with this show. MTV, VH1 and CMT really got their act together for this one.