Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Universal In Court over american xs

General BJ Discussion

Old 09-27-2002, 01:41 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Default Universal In Court over american xs

I read this on the front page of this site , for anyone who only goes to the message boards this is the situation.
New york universal music is being sued by a new york technology company for allegedly infringing upon its anti piracy technology, setting up a potential roadblock for the release of Bounce.(This i have coppied from yhaoo news).
Downloadcard inc, a provider of anti piracy services on Wednesday asked a federal court judge in new york to prohibit the world largest music group from using downloadcard says is its proprietary technology.
The case is being heard next thursday in front of judge charles haight jr in the united states district court in the sourthern district of new york.
Downloadcard is seeking compensatory damages from universal music. The ammount will be determined at trial and could be more than $750,000 according to the suit.

I really hope that this not affect the usa release of bounce. Can the court next week take the american xs of bonjovi.com until this case has been sorted out. ann