Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

March 22nd 2017 - Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis Thread

Tour Discussion

Old 03-22-2017, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator
It's my post

Default March 22nd 2017 - Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis Thread

Tonight's show comes from the Fieldhouse in Indianapolis. The Fieldhouse site has the show as being sold out. Tonight's support comes from Shiny Penny

2017 Setlist:

This House Is Not For Sale
Knockout
Bad Name
Lost Highway
Whole Lot Of Leavin'
Rollercoaster
We Weren't Born To Follow
Sleep When I'm Dead
We Got It Going On
Who Says You Can't Go Home
It's My Life
We Don't Run
God Bless This Mess
Scars On This Guitar
Devils In The Temple
Lay Your Hands On Me
Born To Be My Baby
Have A Nice Day
Bad Medicine
Keep The Faith

Reunion
Wanted Dead Or Alive
Livin' On A Prayer

The last time they seemed to have played Indiana was in Noblesville in 2003 with an acoustic/electric show:

2003 Setlist:
Acoustic:

"Heroes"(David Bowie cover)
Love for Sale
Livin' on a Prayer
Wanted Dead or Alive
Someday I'll Be Saturday Night
Bed of Roses
Everyday
Joey
I'll Be There for You(Richie on lead vocals)
Never Say Goodbye
Misunderstood

Electric:

Undivided
You Give Love a Bad Name
Runaway
Just Older
It's My Life
Keep the Faith
Born to Be My Baby
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
Raise Your Hands

Encore:
Blaze of Glory
Captain Crash & the Beauty Queen From Mars
Bad Medicine (with Shout)

They seemed to play what I assume is the same venue on the Crush tour in 2000 and that setlist was:

One Wild Night
You Give Love a Bad Name
Captain Crash & the Beauty Queen From Mars
Keep the Faith
Livin' on a Prayer
Born to Be My Baby
Runaway(acoustic)
Blaze of Glory
It's My Life
Someday I'll Be Saturday Night
Thank You for Loving Me
Lay Your Hands on Me
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
Bad Medicine

Encore:
Next 100 Years
I'll Be There for You

Encore 2:
Just Older
Wanted Dead or Alive
Twist and Shout
* Shepherds Bush 1998 (Richie) * Wembley Stadium 2000 * Milton Keynes 2001 * Wembley Arena 2002 * Hyde Park 2003 * Ricoh Arena 2006 * St Marys 2006 * Milton Keynes 2006 * O2 Arena 2007 * St Marys 2008 * Manchester 2008 * Ricoh Arena 2008 * Ashton Gate 2008 * Twickenham x2 2008 * O2 Arena x8 2010 * Hard Rock Calling 2011 * Shepherds Bush 2012 (Richie) *Etihad Manchester 2013 * Villa Park 2013 * Hyde Park 2013 *O2 Islington 2014 (Richie) *London Palladium 2016 * O2 Arena 2016 (RSO)

*Twitter * * YouTube*

Last edited by Bounce7800; 03-23-2017 at 09:48 AM..

Old 03-22-2017, 10:06 PM
Dry County

I'd kill for the 2000 set... Even though Twist & Shout is far from my favorite cover BJ has performed through the years, I'd sure as hell take it over the more-than-predictable Wanted/Prayer encore (which, by the way, has been standard in the USA since the LH tour at least - here I am, waiting for the 10th anniversary of that f***ing snoozefest).

After a few warm-up shows after the 8-day break, I think it's finally time for Always tonight. It doesn't matter if Jon can't sing it properly - even the shittiest possible (electric) version of the song is better than no Always at all (or, even worse, the TLFR version for that matter). However, if his voice isn't up for it, I'm more than certain that he'll kick off the encore with the good ol' Who Says...

Also, I'd be extremely happy if the guys played I Love This Town tonight... oh, wait - I've got something even better: SUMMERTIME! And Jon's all-time favorite, Captain Crap & The Booty Queen Of Marshmallows, will be played of course.

Honestly, I think the acoustic version of Santa Fe would be epic even with Jon's current voice. He dodged the high notes on that song on the Circle/GH tour as well, so how could it possibly sound that different from the two versions back then (London '10 and Barcelona '11)?

PS. Jon... Jon... GODDAMNIT, JON!!! Where's my Fingerprints, with an epic duel solo by both Shanks and Phil X?????

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW??????????

Last edited by BJFan99; 03-22-2017 at 10:20 PM..
Old 03-22-2017, 10:12 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

I know someone who went to that 2003 show and said it was epic. I'd love to see something like that.
Old 03-22-2017, 11:11 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan99 View Post
PS. Jon... Jon... GODDAMNIT, JON!!! Where's my Fingerprints, with an epic duel solo by both Shanks and Phil X?????
I'd like to know that, too ;]
Old 03-22-2017, 11:26 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
I know someone who went to that 2003 show and said it was epic. I'd love to see something like that.
I was supposed to have that half electric, half acoustic in Hartford, Connecticut in 2003. It was announced officially and then they changed their mind. The Hartford show was enjoyable - they played most of New Jersey, but I always felt like I missed out on that acoustic show.

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:23 AM
Jovi Fan

I'd totally kill for any one of those set lists now!
Old 03-23-2017, 01:25 AM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco View Post
I'd totally kill for any one of those set lists now!
Yeah we all would.

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 03-23-2017, 01:35 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
I was supposed to have that half electric, half acoustic in Hartford, Connecticut in 2003. It was announced officially and then they changed their mind. The Hartford show was enjoyable - they played most of New Jersey, but I always felt like I missed out on that acoustic show.
Weren't most of the summer shows in '03 supposed to be half acoustic and half electric at the smaller venues? I feel like I remember it being announced saying and looking forward to seeing that in Saratoga at SPAC and then it was scrapped. I remember someplace got Diamond Ring acoustic that year, maybe Milwaukee?
Albany, NY 12/12/05. JBJ to me from the stage: "You been a good girl this year?" (Reads my sign) "Jon, It's almost Xmas I've been a very good girl! Play Blood on Blood please!" (cue me on the big screen) JBJ: "How good have you been? Oh My God!" (laughs, more teasing) JBJ: "You want it huh, you want it huh? Blood on Blood just for you, the good girl in the front row? The all request hour, the girl in the front row has just asked for Blood on Blood, ok, Merry Christmas young lady!" Amazing <3
Old 03-23-2017, 01:36 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

I don't find anything too spectacularly different or better about the 2000 set list. I saw 9 of the same songs last week. Personally, I love the new album so I enjoy the new songs. I'm far more bored by Born to Be My Baby or Bad Medicine than I am by Whole Lot of Leaving or Lost Highway. I've been on this board a long time and I don't remember a time ever when posters weren't complaining about the set lists and thinking they could do better.
Old 03-23-2017, 01:51 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
I don't find anything too spectacularly different or better about the 2000 set list. I saw 9 of the same songs last week. Personally, I love the new album so I enjoy the new songs. I'm far more bored by Born to Be My Baby or Bad Medicine than I am by Whole Lot of Leaving or Lost Highway. I've been on this board a long time and I don't remember a time ever when posters weren't complaining about the set lists and thinking they could do better.
Agreed. I hate the setlists right now but 'Lost Highway' is in my top ten favourites and I love 'Whole Lot of Leavin', whereas 'Born to Be My Baby', 'Sleep When I'm Dead', 'Bad Medicine' etc. could all be swapped for other fan favourites.