Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

The Official May 31 Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow, Russia Thread

Tour Discussion

Old 06-19-2019, 02:02 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
To be fair, almost every recording of them had been doctored since 2013, even the live releases of each show in 2017.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
Even Wembley 1995 and Zurich had overdubs done after to make it as perfect as possible.
Old 06-19-2019, 05:04 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavetheGodofKeys View Post
Even Wembley 1995 and Zurich had overdubs done after to make it as perfect as possible.
Yeah, but in the day that was done to iron out some bugs, like screeches or cracks in the recording, or if someone messed up big time. Other than that, it wasn't needed, "just" mixing and mastering.

Hell, listen to Bremen 1995, that was recorded live from radio, and the mix is almost perfect. Give the same people (or someone else) some time at a mixing desk, and you end up with the sound like on the Wembley DVD...
Old 06-19-2019, 05:17 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovifan93 View Post
Yeah, but in the day that was done to iron out some bugs, like screeches or cracks in the recording, or if someone messed up big time. Other than that, it wasn't needed, "just" mixing and mastering.

Hell, listen to Bremen 1995, that was recorded live from radio, and the mix is almost perfect. Give the same people (or someone else) some time at a mixing desk, and you end up with the sound like on the Wembley DVD...
I didn't dispute that, I only mentioned Zurich and Wembley just to show that the band have never been perfect live, even in their hay day, I just don't see the need to call out the obvious doctoring of some of the performances from recent times.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:40 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavetheGodofKeys View Post
I didn't dispute that, I only mentioned Zurich and Wembley just to show that the band have never been perfect live, even in their hay day, I just don't see the need to call out the obvious doctoring of some of the performances from recent times.
Basically no band is faultless live since they're all human beings. The difference (and why it's called out) was that a bum note got fixed in the past while these days half of it is autotuned and doctored afterwards (MetLife 2013, Saturday Night from Atlanta 2017, HoF 2018 etc.)
Old 06-19-2019, 07:07 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
No, it's not. Just listen to this recorindg of it:

Bon Jovi - Live @ Moscow 31.05.2019 (Full Show) - YouTube

Or do you have proof of that? Also, if it were, why didn't they doctor the other live videos that make you be ashamed to be a fan sometimes?
Yeah, the proof is in the video you posted. The entire vocal melody is remixed. Bum notes are erased and whenever a word's sung out of breath it'll be put higher in the mix so it won't drown like it does in the video you posted. Just listen to the way "outside the sky is cold black" sounds in the audience recording and then in the official one.

Quote:
Yeah, I noticed that, too. But don't know if it was done on purpose, or if it's just a strange choice or coincidence.
It's done on purpose. They've been doing it the entire tour so far. The risky notes aren't shown on screen. I noticed this first when watching footage from the Nijmegen gig. Anytime he's going for a higher note the camera switches to another band member. I guess the criticism on him looking like he's in pain got to him eventually.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan