Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Tour: KISS and Motley Crue

Other Bands

Old 03-23-2012, 07:43 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfan View Post
1.Neither KISS or Motley are on Bon Jovi's level.
2.Gene and Paul ARE greedy whores. And they'd be the 1st to tell you.
3.It's not an opening slot. It's a co-headlining tour. They'll both have their own full stage.
I don't remember who from Crue said it (either Tommy or Nikki) but he tweeted "Neither of us are an opening act. It doesn't matter to either of us who plays first or second." I was thinking they would add a 3rd act to the bill to open, like the past Motley Crue summer tour of last year. Technically Motley Crue and Poison were co-headliners and the New York Dolls were the "opening act", and that's how it was billed.

Old 03-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to Panda

KISS are bigger than Crüe, KISS will be the final show. And I never said KISS wasn't greedy, but to say Bon Jovi aren't equally as greedy? Pfffft.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Just posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
but to say Bon Jovi aren't equally as greedy? Pfffft.
Where did I say that?
Old 04-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfan View Post
I'll only probably stick around for half of KISS. They're such phonies now. Eric and Tommy dressed up like Peter and Ace, Gene wearing a wig.
I didn´t know he wears a wig. There goes my respect for him . I wonder how many other aging rockstars secretly do the same.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:26 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami View Post
I didn´t know he wears a wig. There goes my respect for him . I wonder how many other aging rockstars secretly do the same.
Genes been wearing a wig for years as has Paul Stanley.
87 Donington
88 Birminham Nec x 3
89 MK Bowl
89 Birmingham Nec x 3
93 Birmingham Nec x 2
93 MK Bowl
95 Sheffield Don Valley
96 Manchester Maine Rd.
2000 Stoke Brittania
2001 MK Bowl
2006 Manchester/MK Bowl x 2
2008 Manchester/Twickenham x 2
2011 Manchester Old Trafford
2013 Villa Park
Old 04-08-2012, 01:00 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
Haha LOL

Top Bon Jovi "diamond ring" VIP packages were $2000, AND you didn't get to meet them, no autographs, no pictures with the band and didn't get an 18 karat gold ring or whatever. BUT WAIT! YOU GOT TO TAKE THE CHAIR YOU SAT IN HOME WITH YOU!

Greedy whores, you say, danfan? Think twice. This ticket needs to pay both large scale bands Motley Crue and KISS. Bon Jovi charged the same and for the most part didn't have opening bands! (Except during the Stadium tour - where more revenue covered their asses)

And of course Motley will be opening for them. They're a dying band, I've seen them twice (Crue Fest 1 and the dead of winter canadian tour) and they really should have downgraded the venue for the second show, because I would estimate 7000/15000 seats were taken.
You say that Eric but people still bought these packages
Old 04-08-2012, 08:25 PM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami View Post
Gene's been wearing wigs since 1984. I don't see how respect should be tied in to it. He wears dragon boots for f*cks sake. Consider it all part of the uniform. There are other reasons to lose respect for him.

So far I am not going to this tour. Money and timing is part of it. The other is the fact the tour isn't for the new album. I've seen KISS enough times on tours where they did nothing but old shit and I'm sick of it. I've never seen the Crue so there is still a chance that if the opportunity comes up, I'll go anyway for the hell of it. There are so many other shows I want to go to though that I am not going to.

Apparently the Monster tour starts after this tour, so that is what I'll aim for. I have to admit I am concerned about Paul's voice. I'm hoping for a miracle and that this Crue-pairing tour will serve as warm up/strengthening for him and he may surprise us. For now, he is really struggling. I'm more concerned about him hurting himself further. He's had so decades of reaching and achieving new heights with his voice.. he deserves nothing but respect no matter what shape it's in now.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:40 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist View Post
Gene's been wearing wigs since 1984. I don't see how respect should be tied in to it. He wears dragon boots for f*cks sake. Consider it all part of the uniform. There are other reasons to lose respect for him.

So far I am not going to this tour. Money and timing is part of it. The other is the fact the tour isn't for the new album. I've seen KISS enough times on tours where they did nothing but old shit and I'm sick of it. I've never seen the Crue so there is still a chance that if the opportunity comes up, I'll go anyway for the hell of it. There are so many other shows I want to go to though that I am not going to.

Apparently the Monster tour starts after this tour, so that is what I'll aim for. I have to admit I am concerned about Paul's voice. I'm hoping for a miracle and that this Crue-pairing tour will serve as warm up/strengthening for him and he may surprise us. For now, he is really struggling. I'm more concerned about him hurting himself further. He's had so decades of reaching and achieving new heights with his voice.. he deserves nothing but respect no matter what shape it's in now.
Paul recently had vocal-cord surgery and he sounds better than he did before. KISS recently played on Jimmy Kimmel (it's on youtube) and he sounded better. And for what it's worth, last time I saw KISS they played several songs off their newest album.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:01 PM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi821 View Post
Paul recently had vocal-cord surgery and he sounds better than he did before. KISS recently played on Jimmy Kimmel (it's on youtube) and he sounded better. And for what it's worth, last time I saw KISS they played several songs off their newest album.
I am actually referring to Jimmy Kimmel and New Orleans.

There will be no new songs played until Monster is released unless they pre-release the first single. On the Alive 35 tour they only did Modern Day Delilah... Sonic Boom had been released. They didn't add Say Year or I'm An Animal until they started up the official Sonic Boom tour.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:20 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist View Post
I am actually referring to Jimmy Kimmel and New Orleans.

There will be no new songs played until Monster is released unless they pre-release the first single. On the Alive 35 tour they only did Modern Day Delilah... Sonic Boom had been released. They didn't add Say Year or I'm An Animal until they started up the official Sonic Boom tour.
Agreed. Kimmel and New Orleans were dire and I get into bands for the new material. Even if they were promoting it this tour it'd still be 2 or 3 new songs that will just get dropped. I can't get over Tommy playing Ace and I wish I could. He does it so well but I can't bring myself to support it.

Tags
kiss, mötley crüe