Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Who'se better live? Crue or Leppard?

Other Bands

View Poll Results: Who is better live???
Def Leppard 5 38.46%
Motley Crue 3 23.08%
They both SUCK! 5 38.46%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-01-2008, 10:45 PM
Midnight on JoviTalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
Just came across this while re-reading the topic.

That's the image of more or less every other band and genre of rock. It's been going since the early days of blues and it shows no sign of letting up.

I'll go on record as saying The Beatles probably took more drugs than Motley Crue ever have.
Yeah but Motley Crue nailed it somehow. Aerosmith smoking dope didn't do anything for me, I couldn't have cared less. Yet somehow Motley Crue glamourised it all for me, which makes me a moron for thinking it's glamourous, but somehow the Crue did it.

Old 12-01-2008, 10:52 PM
Livin' on a Post

Send a message via MSN to BonJovi1988-1992Mark

We'll after watching clips from Girls Girls Girls Era & Hysteria Era,It proved to me right there who the better band is.

My god how can anybody say Motley Crue is great live i was sent in to a deep sleep on there songs!!The only thing keeping the band going was Tommys drumming,Everybody else was way below average.

Where as Def Leppard's 87/88 preformances were really exciting!!Im not saying Joe is the best singer of the 80s cause he isnt,But he was light years in front of vince.

Sav's bass work blows Nikki who?? Out of the water!! Listen to the bass in Gods of War & Hysteria.

Steve/Phil vs Mick - after watching preformances from each bands guitarist nothing that Mick did stood out his riffs/solos were really poor compared to other 80s bands.

Where as Steve/Phil have produced some really cool stuff:

Riff for the Gods Of War , Phil's solo in Photograph , Outro of Photograph by Steve , Armageddon it - both solos.

Going to see Bryan Adams on the 29/10/08 @ Sheff Arena.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:13 AM
Tokyo Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldsausage II View Post
Yeah but Motley Crue nailed it somehow. Aerosmith smoking dope didn't do anything for me, I couldn't have cared less. Yet somehow Motley Crue glamourised it all for me, which makes me a moron for thinking it's glamourous, but somehow the Crue did it.
Perhaps because Crue released a book about it?

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!
Old 12-02-2008, 06:47 PM
Just posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Walrus View Post
All bands release books on it, or at least, have books about them. The Crue's book was just so out there, it was cool.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:40 PM
The Distance

Send a message via ICQ to Iceman Send a message via MSN to Iceman

Read "Animal Instinct" if you can get it somewhere. Def Leppard weren't angels either.

Ice

Only dead fish go with the flow.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Midnight on JoviTalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Walrus View Post
I haven't read The Dirt. Though to be honest I think it was The Heroin Diaries that did it for me

Iceman - Never heard of that book but I'm really intrigued now, thanks for letting us know
Old 12-03-2008, 05:59 AM
Born to be my Baby

Vince had a tendency to ruin MC's live shows for me but he's made a surprising turnaround and was far better this summer than in a long time. They kick ass live, very fun. I'd say, right up there with 1-Iron Maiden 2-Bon Jovi 3-Velvet Revolver as far as my favorite shows.

Def Leppard is a pop band by many different standards. While they are probably better musicians (technique-wise), Nikki and Mick are better writers by FAAAAR - riffs, songs... all around really. And Tommy is one of the best drummers around, no comparison there, even before Rick had his accident.

You get what I'm trying to say here? It's kind of like, Richie is not as good as Satriani but I think he writes better songs.

Def Leppard needs to lay off ballads and prove that they are still a rock band. Motley Crue proved over the recent years that they were one of the more influental hair bands - more than Poison, Bon Jovi or any other for that matter.

These are two very different bands.

My Bon Jovi Album Ranking: These Days, SWW, KTF, Jersey, Crush, 7800F, Bridges, HAND, Bon Jovi, Bounce, WAN, Circle, THINFS, LH, 2020;
Old 12-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Livin' on a Post

Send a message via MSN to BonJovi1988-1992Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myguitar View Post
Vince had a tendency to ruin MC's live shows for me but he's made a surprising turnaround and was far better this summer than in a long time. They kick ass live, very fun. I'd say, right up there with 1-Iron Maiden 2-Bon Jovi 3-Velvet Revolver as far as my favorite shows.

Def Leppard is a pop band by many different standards. While they are probably better musicians (technique-wise), Nikki and Mick are better writers by FAAAAR - riffs, songs... all around really. And Tommy is one of the best drummers around, no comparison there, even before Rick had his accident.

You get what I'm trying to say here? It's kind of like, Richie is not as good as Satriani but I think he writes better songs.

Def Leppard needs to lay off ballads and prove that they are still a rock band. Motley Crue proved over the recent years that they were one of the more influental hair bands - more than Poison, Bon Jovi or any other for that matter.

These are two very different bands.
Are kidding me!!

There's no way that Motley Crue are superior writers than Leppard.Motley Crue never evolved as a band like Leppard(Pyromania,Hysteria,Retro Active and SLANG) , And how are Motley more influental??

There not!! Leppard are. With there unique Stage,Twin Guitar(simliar to Lizzy) and big backing vocals(timed to perfection)

Also here's a funny fact: (My uncle who went to lots of gigs in the 80s including Jovi on the Slippery/New Jersey tours)

When asking him about the 2 bands,He said Leppard was probaly the best show of the 80s(Hysteria tour in sheffield) and couldnt even name a Motley Crue Song!!

Go figure LOL

Going to see Bryan Adams on the 29/10/08 @ Sheff Arena.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:24 PM
Just posting

I find Motley to be better songwriters to Def Leppard too. Def Leppard's writing on their last few albums has sucked.

Motley's lyrics aren't what anyone would call "appropriate", but they're interesting. Ever heard about how Nikki wrote songs like Wild Side or Shout At The Devil? Pretty cool stories.

I've never seen anything very special about either of them as songwriters. I have found much of DL's material to be completely over-produced though.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Keep the Faith

Send a message via MSN to JerseyboyUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonJovi1988-1992Mark View Post
Motley Crue never evolved as a band like Leppard(Pyromania,Hysteria,Retro Active and SLANG)
I think that's the main reason why i dont like Leppard, i personally really don't think they have evolved at all.

Tags
def leppard, mötley crüe