Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

I think Bon Jovi live will simply fade away [emoji17]

General BJ Discussion

Old 11-06-2022, 02:25 PM
Dry County

Default I think Bon Jovi live will simply fade away

This has been a matter of discussion many many times here, but I think we are starting to get the picture …

It’s safe to say that we are still here today because we love (or loved?) this band to death, and I’ve always hoped that, once the time came, they’d go out with a bang. Bring Richie Back. Worldwide tour. Long shows. Good song selection. Amazing performances.

Unfortunately I think it’s going to be a whisper, slowly fading away as time passes, simply because the dreadful 22 “tour” proved that most of that, if not all, it’s impossible nowadays. I think Richie won’t come back. Even if he does, I don’t think he is in much better condition than Jon to put on a show. Jon can’t sing anymore. He barely survived the 22 tour, having to resort to playback on one occasion. He seems to be in pain up there. The band sounds generic, cover-like I’d say. The press reception was not good to say the least …

I think they will do some shows here and there and that will be it. I’d hate to see that happening to my favorite band of all time.

Cheers

Eduardo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by efpg0708; 11-06-2022 at 02:28 PM..

Old 11-07-2022, 10:27 AM
Dry County

2014 was the last year Jon could sing without overly distracting issues (apart from the nasality and shaky high notes), 2018 was the last year his performances as a frontman could take the audience's attention away from his vocal struggles. For almost 4 years he's now been unlistenable, uncomfortable as a frontman, "fake happy" and the audiences have been increasingly confused about what's going on.

I wouldn't want to be afraid of any possible health issues or anything more severe than worn out vocal cords, but after reading about a disease called "Reinke's edema" and hearing Jon struggle to even breathe, let alone talk on the current interviews/audio podcasts, I'm starting to fear there might be something more serious in display here than just a shot voice
Old 11-07-2022, 10:30 AM
Dry County

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinke%27s_edema

"Reinke's edema is characterized by the "sac-like" appearance of the fluid-filled vocal cords. The swelling of the vocal folds causes the voice to become deep and hoarse. Therefore, the major symptom of Reinke's edema is a hoarseness similar to laryngitis. The major cause associated with Reinke's edema is smoking. In fact, 97% of patients diagnosed with Reinke's edema are habitual smokers. Other identified risk factors include overuse of the vocal cords, gastroesophageal reflux, and hypothyroidism."

"List of common symptoms:

"sac-like" appearance of the vocal folds
Hoarseness and deepening of the voice
Trouble speaking (Dysphonia)
Reduced vocal range with diminished upper limits
Stretching of the mucosa (Distension)
Shortness of breath (Dyspnoea)"
Old 11-07-2022, 12:56 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

As much as I think it’s kinda pointless to try and pinpoint an exact medical condition that might or might not be responsible for Jon’s voice issues because there are countless conditions with similar symptoms that may be impossible to tell apart just by looking at him from the outside and from afar, I do wanna put it out there that Jon has joint hypermobility and research has shown an association between hypermobility-related disorders (such as the Ehlers-Danlos syndromes or hypermobility spectrum disorder, which also used to be known as joint hypermobility syndrome) and the kind of voice issues he has (and overuse and age can exacerbate the symptoms of those disorders). Those disorders are caused by genetic mutations which essentially give people abnormal (weaker) connective tissue all over their bodies, including the vocal cords and other body parts that play a role in singing, and a lot of people don’t even know they’re affected or only receive their diagnosis much later in life.

I’m not saying that that’s really the cause of his issues because there could really be anything going on and we’d never be able to tell (and he might also just have asymptomatic hypermobility because that does exist as well), but it’s a potential explanation that can actually be observed and identified just by looking at him from the outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk