Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Bon Jovi 2020 tour with Bryan Adams - Cancelled

Tour Discussion

Old 01-16-2020, 07:29 PM
Keep the Faith

Or maybe it's all a big misconception and Bryan Adams isn't the support act but the new lead singer and Jon only plays rhythm guitar and sings backing vocals in a muted mic

Old 01-16-2020, 08:05 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
Or maybe it's all a big misconception and Bryan Adams isn't the support act but the new lead singer and Jon only plays rhythm guitar and sings backing vocals in a muted mic
That'd actually be perfect. That way he can work the crowd, smile and wave all the time and we'd still have good vocals on top of that

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2020, 08:38 PM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
That'd actually be perfect. That way he can work the crowd, smile and wave all the time and we'd still have good vocals on top of that

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
i'm going to be provocative now....what if jon himself decides to step aside, just from the vocals, and let do the job to someone else (maybe chris daughtry)? still writing his songs and still with the same band, just vocals....would u go to a concert like this?
Old 01-16-2020, 10:22 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
Even with a guitar around his neck Bryan moves around a lot more than Jon does without guitar. Nowadays there's no aspect where Jon is a better frontman.
And it doesn't matter if Bryan is allowed to use lights or videos. He would even kick Jon's ass by playing acoustic without PA in the afternoon sun.

I like the combo. If they tour Europe together as well (what I don't think will happen) I might consider buying a ticket for a Bon Jovi show for the first time since 2013.
Correct.

Bryan Adams - I Will Always Return (Live Toronto 2019)

The guy just needs an acoustic guitar and his voice.

He has an impressive energy. and his performances are great, Jon is going to look very lame.

And his band sounds tight, Bryan keeps holding Keith Scott, and Bon Jovi doesn't have Richie, which is another point against him.

Old 01-16-2020, 11:37 PM
Something for the Posts

I'm glad somebody mentioned Keith Scott...he's a fantastic guitar player and hugely underratted!
Old 01-17-2020, 10:58 AM
Keep the Faith

Theres no way Jon is a better frontman nowadays than Bryan or BJ puts a better show than Bryan.
NO WAY.
Bryan is in an awesome moment,he sings even better than in the 80's,and in his shows he does a part that any BJ fan would kill for a similar moment at a BJ show.
He does a 3 or 4 song request set where they can play any song you ask for,cause Bryan,Keith Scott and Mickey Curry are together for over 30 years.
Ive seen BJ and Bryan last year.
Bryan show was one of the best ones Ive ever seen
BJ show at Madrid was,probably,the worst show Ive ever been to.
MADRID-22/5/2003 / MILTON KEYNES-10 & 11/6/2006 / LONDON-24/6/2007 / STUTTGART-29/5/2008 / BARCELONA-1/6/2008 / LONDON-27 & 28/6/2008 / NEW JERSEY-26 & 27/5/2010 / MADRID-4/6/2010 / PARIS-16/6/2010 / MADRID-6/11/2010 / DRESDEN-10/6/2011 / MUNICH-12/6/2011 / ZEEBRUGGE-24/7/2011 / BARCELONA-27/7/2011 / SAN SEBASTIAN-29/7/2011 / LISBON-31/7/2011 / RICHIE SAMBORA-LONDON-16/10/12 / BERLIN-18/6/13 / KOLN-22/6/13 / MADRID-27/6/13 / MILANO-29/6/13 / LIVERPOOL-19/6/19 / LONDON-21/6/19 / MADRID-7/7/19
Old 01-17-2020, 03:05 PM
Born to be my Baby

I've seen both last year as well, and here's my rank from best to worst:

1. Bryan Adams Milan
2. Bon Jovi Wembley
3. Bon Jovi Zurich
Old 01-17-2020, 04:37 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavi View Post
BJ show at Madrid was,probably,the worst show Ive ever been to.
No one wants remember that show, get over it.
Old 01-17-2020, 06:18 PM
Livin' on a Post

Same here, saw both last year. After the Bryan Adams concert I was impressed with how good he and the band are live. Especially the part where it's just him and the acoustic guitar. Awesome.

I saw Bon Jovi in Klagenfurt which was one of the better concerts on the tour. It was more of a check on the bucket list. I wasn't expecting much so I wasn't disappointed but it was bad. Luckily I was near the stage where the crowd were louder than Jon so the atmosphere was great but during the slower songs where the crowd is not as loud, it was awful. Richie was also greatly missed. Phil X is a great guy but he's nowhere near Richie at his prime or close to his prime. There wasn't any of the magic left so I don't think I would go see another Bon Jovi show in the shape and form they are now.

I'm glad I saw Richie in 2014 in Munich. He was past his prime but there were some moments where the magic was still there.

It will be interesting to see how fans react to Jon after Bryan's performance.
Old 01-17-2020, 06:27 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
Having Bryan Adam's perform before you puts a lot of pressure on a vocalist. His voice live is awesome!!!
My problem with it is that if their idea of a comeback strategy is to show that they can OUT-rock Bryan Adams, it doesn't speak well for what's going to be on the album. But I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't the band's idea: Bon Jovi's A-list days are very much behind them.

The bar has been lowered, and now it's been buried: welcome to Fat Elvis-stan, Jon!

P.S. Adams, a Canadian, is skipping two of the shows -- one in Las Vegas; the other in, uh, Canada.

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 08-09-2023 at 06:30 PM..