Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Feb 14, 2017 - USA - Tampa - Amalie Arena

Tour Discussion

Old 02-16-2017, 12:32 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
The only thing I can actually hear is that Shanks went straight into the guitar lick when the song actually went straight into the second verse after the chorus. That small second that hardly anybody noticed or care about was the "Big mistake"??
God forbid they make a tiny mistake like that, would much rather the same setlist for years to come!!

Old 02-16-2017, 12:35 AM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbeline View Post
I get what you mean. But he's been doing those strange faces since 2008 (he did them before, but not as noticeably, Giants Stadium from 2006 comes to mind) when he started getting better in terms of hitting the notes but more nasal. I actually know a little bit about singing (emphasis on a little) so I never understood why he looked and sounded like this while singing through his nose when it's supposed to be a gentler method, he shouldn't be straining so much! Or maybe different vocal coaches have different techniques and mine is shit lol

Thanks for the technical info. I actually think I remember another poster who also knew about singing and answered me a while back, but I haven't been able to find the thread. I love learning more
Oh yeah i'm an amateur singer so i know just a little too! But talking about it With my teacher just helped me understand a few things! What we think is that he chose to "sing with his nose" during crush tour to keep his chords healthy and then just couldn't go back because of all the smoke thing... He should be straining because with all the smoke he had 'til 2008 his entire throat and lungs area is a complete mess so that he can't take air(and sing) to his oral cavity easily.. Don't know if he can have surgery though
Old 02-16-2017, 12:57 AM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
That small second that hardly anybody noticed or care about was the "Big mistake"??
Yeah, I agree it's not that big, especially on that audience recording it sounds like a small mistake. But if you listen to the soundboard, then it's much more noticeable (especially with the first listen).

Personally, I like mistakes like this in NYD, because it makes perfomance more special, more real. But I'm not JBJ. He probably wasn't happy about that one.

BTW. I WANT DIFFERENT SETLIST EVERY NIGHT as everybody of you, but I can understand a little diversity in the first weeks, because in my opinion, those 95 rehearsed songs is a myth. They just have a list of 95 songs, but nobody said that all of them were rehearsed this year.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:57 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
God forbid they make a tiny mistake like that, would much rather the same setlist for years to come!!
I was at the show and didn't notice the mistake. I hardly notice it on video.

But I for shit sure noticed I got the same set list as Altanta (with the exception of the Devil's/NYD swap).
Old 02-16-2017, 04:17 AM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Jon's voice is what it is right now and that dictates much of the set lists... I don't agree that Jon is glued to the mic... After a few knee operations, I don't expect a 55 year old man to do jumping jacks either... He's moving around and invented other things to do...

Also, out of the songs you highlighted in red, most of them were hits, singles, or justifiable... So in essence you want to Jon to cater to you and you only...

You Give Love A Bad Name - Hit Song from 80's
Born To Be My Baby - Hit Song from 80's
Who Says You Can't Go Home - Hit Song from '05
We Weren't Born To Follow - 2010 Lead Single and the last one to get decent radio play (minor hit)

Lost Highway - Jon's Songs he Does For Himself
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead - Jon's Songs he Does For Himself

We Got It Goin' On - Great rare track crowd pleaser

Work For The Working Man - Needs to go
You are missing my point. I don't think that is a bad setlist for the casual fan. In fact, despite two or three songs, it's a good setlist. I said this is a bad setlist for the diehards, because he's playing the same fillers since forever. If you take a look at what most of the diehards here are complaining about these sets and performances, you'd noticed that it has nothing to do with catering to me only ...

They are professional and acomplishes musicians. There's no excuse for the lack of changes, since they have an entire album rehearsed to play live.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationJovi View Post
I was at the show and didn't notice the mistake. I hardly notice it on video.

But I for shit sure noticed I got the same set list as Altanta (with the exception of the Devil's/NYD swap).
What's the general reaction to the new songs?

These days what's left of me ain't no Prince Charming

We know Jon, we know
Old 02-16-2017, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbeline View Post
What's the general reaction to the new songs?
Lots of sitting.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator
It's my post

Quote:
Lots of sitting.
Thats a shame, especially as surely most people with a ticket had the album bundled with it?

How can we expect radio to care about new material when the fans don't? I don't get it, at least listen to the new album before you go to a concert.
* Shepherds Bush 1998 (Richie) * Wembley Stadium 2000 * Milton Keynes 2001 * Wembley Arena 2002 * Hyde Park 2003 * Ricoh Arena 2006 * St Marys 2006 * Milton Keynes 2006 * O2 Arena 2007 * St Marys 2008 * Manchester 2008 * Ricoh Arena 2008 * Ashton Gate 2008 * Twickenham x2 2008 * O2 Arena x8 2010 * Hard Rock Calling 2011 * Shepherds Bush 2012 (Richie) *Etihad Manchester 2013 * Villa Park 2013 * Hyde Park 2013 *O2 Islington 2014 (Richie) *London Palladium 2016 * O2 Arena 2016 (RSO)

*Twitter * * YouTube*
Old 02-16-2017, 03:28 PM
Jovi Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce7800 View Post
Thats a shame, especially as surely most people with a ticket had the album bundled with it?

How can we expect radio to care about new material when the fans don't? I don't get it, at least listen to the new album before you go to a concert.
Totally agree with you!
Old 02-17-2017, 06:40 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
Lots of sitting.
I noticed this too. However, one thing I'll say about that, jovi's fan base is getting older. A lot of people around me weren't able to stand 2 1/2 hours.