Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Why all the ads?!?

Announcements, Questions & Comments

Old 06-09-2015, 02:24 AM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinFan View Post
Moving would be worth it in my opinion. Just make sure it's well known on this site that we have moved. Any commoners around here wouldn't have any issue with moving, I don't think.
Same thoughts here. Sure we have thousands of users here, but about 90% of the registered members are inactive by now anyway.
Of those who keep posting and discussing on here each one knows another person and word will spread fast.
Peter's obvious intention by now is to kill this community.

Old 06-09-2015, 02:41 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Peter's obvious intention by now is to kill this community.
I don't think that's fair. If he wanted or intended to kill it, he could have just taken it down years ago. People have said over and over again that they were willing to pay a small fee for an ad-free subscription.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:27 AM
It's my post

Thing is, though, if we had a new board with an active admin, we could have certain upgrades and improvements that will never happen with our absent Peter. There's multiple reasons it'd be worth it. Maybe it's astronomically high hopes, as I don't know what the cost would be, but it would be much better than it is now.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:37 AM
It's my post

http://jovitalk.boards.net/

Check this one out. If there are people willing to be here, I'm willing to keep up with it.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:42 AM
The Distance

Send a message via ICQ to Iceman Send a message via MSN to Iceman

Ok,

now Peter's blocked the whole board from AdBlock users. I'm not willing to pay to use a messageboard and I can always fix my browser to bypass any protections, but I'm sure most people here can't.

So, this is effectively blackmail, you have to pay if you want to use the site. Which would've been fine, if it was a free choice, but it's not anymore.

Bad move. I'm all fot switching to another board, but it needs to be a unanimous decision, we don't need 10 different messageboards competing over who's where. And it should be run by someone who has experience in running messageboards. If tehre is one, let me know. This board isn't worth the effort.

Ice

Only dead fish go with the flow.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:47 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Thing is, though, if we had a new board with an active admin, we could have certain upgrades and improvements that will never happen with our absent Peter. There's multiple reasons it'd be worth it. Maybe it's astronomically high hopes, as I don't know what the cost would be, but it would be much better than it is now.
I'll join your board if you're willing to run it and if other fans register too, we don't need multiple forums, one board to rule them all, one board to find them, one board to bring them all and in the internet bind them.

One major improvement would be to be able to insert videos directly into our messages instead of a link like on this here board. That's what I did yesterday and I find it a lot more convenient, but that's just me!

BTW, I HAVE to share my experience with you because it's too funny: Hugh is jinxed! I'm getting familiar with a new forum template, I've just tested moving sections and threads today and the 3 threads about Hugh... disappeared!!! I didn't move them, I was in the process of moving the whole section thread by thread, changing their order of appearance, but before I had finished, the Hugh McDonald section had disappeared! How did it happen? I didn't do anything with it! Hugh really and definitely IS "the invisible BJ member"!

NB: as I explained yesterday, I created a forum to archive data mostly for my personal use, there's no competition, I don't intend to run it as a real messageboard.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:59 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
http://jovitalk.boards.net/

Check this one out. If there are people willing to be here, I'm willing to keep up with it.
I like it, just registered!
Old 06-09-2015, 05:13 PM
It's my post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Joysey View Post
One major improvement would be to be able to insert videos directly into our messages instead of a link like on this here board. That's what I did yesterday and I find it a lot more convenient, but that's just me!
There is native video embedding on my board.

http://jovitalk.boards.net/thread/2/...e=1&scrollTo=9

A note to anybody coming from JoviTalk:

If this is the real deal, I am willing to run it. I've got experience with this type of stuff and I'm just willing to do it for the sake of the community. If we are willing to do it as well, I can get the domain name everythingjovi.com for cheap, which would make it easier to find. I'm also willing to take suggestions on what the name should be (I just pulled Everything Jovi out of my ass). Please let me know and I'm willing to put in the work. Everything I've encountered here is free, so we don't need to raise any money, either.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:16 PM
Jovi Freak

So is it settled on TwinFan's board, then?
Old 06-09-2015, 10:08 PM
The Distance

Send a message via ICQ to Iceman Send a message via MSN to Iceman

Quote:
. I'm also willing to take suggestions on what the name should be (I just pulled Everything Jovi out of my ass). Please let me know and I'm willing to put in the work.
How about jovitalk.com? It's not like Peter owns it?

I'm willing to help as well, if needed. I've done these sort of things for living for about 20 years now.

Ice

Only dead fish go with the flow.