Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

TLFR, a marketing project

General BJ Discussion

Old 10-04-2003, 08:33 AM
Next 100 Posts

Default TLFR, a marketing project

I think this album only exists for one thing : every year since "crush" there was an album. so they want to be on the market for people not to forget bon jovi. and next eyar there'll be the boxset... they didn't have time to record whole new songs from a new batch of writing, so they did new versions of old tracks. as simple as that

Old 10-04-2003, 12:18 PM
Livin' on a Post

Send a message via MSN to Sambora1

Maybe so, maybe not. If the songs are played in an original curious manner, I am happy enough as a fan! I like the variation in the songs, so let it be a marketing project (your words, not mine) for the big market. Counting Crows change their playing of songs and sometimes lyrics, something I appreciate (although I am not a Crows fan). So, let TLFR hit you, we'll see!

Greetz,

Rob
Old 10-04-2003, 12:23 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Nige

I disgree, I think this is just top push them over the 100 million albums sold mark.

I'm sure if Bounce had sold like Crush and sold an extra 3 million copies or so then we'd have the boxset for this Christmas or the first quarter of next year at least.
Old 10-04-2003, 01:00 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via ICQ to Martin Send a message via MSN to Martin

i disagree too- but for other reasons: my story is that they guys simply wanted to do an unplugged record which would be totally legitimate for a band which is great in playing unplugged, so they decided to make a cd and dvd in yokohama- but jon got ill and after listening to the material they recorded in yokohama they saw that it was that bad that they'd have to overdub more than they actually played- so they decided to make a record on their own- they wnt into the studio and looked what would happen and out came this left feels right- i'm normally a very critical person but i prefer TLFR much to an over-overdubbed "unplugged in yokohama"....
Old 10-04-2003, 01:05 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
but jon got ill and after listening to the material they recorded in yokohama they saw that it was that bad that they'd have to overdub more than they actually played- so they decided to make a record on their own- they wnt into the studio and looked what would happen
I agree with that, but they could have re-record the acoustic songs in the studio and still make an acoustic album. In my opinion, an acoustic album doesn't have to be a live recording.
Old 10-04-2003, 04:08 PM
Keep the Faith

Send a message via MSN to jedijovi

I think they set out to do the acoustic album as others have said, Jon was sick and then they tried to re-create it in the studio, and instead found themselves going off in a completely different artistic direction. Where we were supposed to get a couple covers we now have two new songs. The old songs are not just acoustic versions- they have been reborn. And that is what is so exciting- this did start out as an extra which was probably partially meant to get that last two million sold before the box set and it morphed into something else, something creatively driven and I think that is great.
Something from the love they gave
Old 10-04-2003, 04:23 PM
Born to be my Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijovi
I think they set out to do the acoustic album as others have said, Jon was sick and then they tried to re-create it in the studio, and instead found themselves going off in a completely different artistic direction. Where we were supposed to get a couple covers we now have two new songs. The old songs are not just acoustic versions- they have been reborn. And that is what is so exciting- this did start out as an extra which was probably partially meant to get that last two million sold before the box set and it morphed into something else, something creatively driven and I think that is great.
^^ I agree.. I mean whether I like this creative direction or not remains to be seen. But I dont think the albums accoustic it started off being that way but evolved into a total reworking of the song. They guys seem really excited about it so I dont think its marketing. I think its just them having fun with old songs.

Kat
Old 10-04-2003, 05:15 PM
Posting Always

I don't think it's a marketing project, because i don't think the record company are even going to promote it. There's not even any signs of a single being released, so it will proably sink even faster than Bounce did!
Old 10-04-2003, 05:22 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

If it were simply a marketing ploy, they could have released an albums worth of new material at any given point made up of the demos from previous projects. Does it work to keep their name on the marketplace, sure. But if that's all there was to it, they could have thrown together something with very little effort (you know, like OWN ).

Becky
Old 10-04-2003, 05:24 PM
Friends will be friends
Bounce

To be honest I don't really give a sh!t as to why they are releasing it. I'm just happy that they are releasing it.