Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Why, oh Why?

General BJ Discussion

Old 10-17-2003, 02:15 PM
Livin' on a Post

Default Why, oh Why?

Heres a thought. The international version (yes, thats right, Brazil doesn't count as an international nation, they have their own version of TLFR!) of TLFR has 'The Distance' on it from Yokohama and rumours abound about 'Joey' now.

Thats 2 tracks from a CD most of us have got bootlegged.

2 Tracks

2 Tracks have just been ditched from the listing. 2 tracks that us fans would much rather (much, much, much, much, much etc) rather have than 2 acoustic versions of songs that probably wont even be on the set lists for the next tour!

Dont get the logic of ditching two songs that the fans would have gone mad for in favour of two run of the mill songs from a show that Jon admits himself was below par!

The official reason for Last Man and Thief being ditched seems to be an amalgamtion of two reasons. 1 - not enough space on the disc and 2 - This is a greatest hits set, not appropriate for new songs.

I have answers to both those questions. 1- well in that case ditch the two acoustic songs in favour of the new songs! and 2 - if thats the case. both Distance and Joey shouldn't be on here either. Neither of them could be considered in a month of sundays to be BJ greatest hits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whole thing stinks. Just another example of a band trying to fleece its fans for as much as it can take. And don't get me started about why there needs to be 5,6, 7, 8 versions of the CD - talk about encouraging people to buy more than one version - what a rip off!

I have just ordered the international version with dvd (cos, afterall, I love these songs, just not the thought behind them) from cdwow in the uk for a measley £8.99 delivered. This was the cheapest price I could find, meaning Jon 'Dollars' Bon Jovi doesn't get anymore of my cash!
Sheffield 18/05/93
Milton Keynes 18/09/93
Wembley 24/06/95
Milton Keynes 06/07/96
Wembley 19/08/00
Milton Keynes 16/06/01
Top of the Pops II Special 00 or 01
Wolverhampton 24/06/03
Milton Keynes 10/06/06
O2 Arena London 24/06/07
Coventry 24/06/08
O2 Arena London 07/06/2010
O2 Arena London 20/06/2010
O2 Arena London. 25/06/2010
Richie @ Sheps Bush London 16/10/2012

Villa Park, Bham 09/06/2013

Old 10-17-2003, 03:00 PM
Blaze of Posting

Send a message via ICQ to JOEYKID Send a message via MSN to JOEYKID

you have been away for some time my friend....lol....
An episode to file under "never try again"
I would I were the same...
Old 10-17-2003, 03:02 PM
Blaze of Posting

Default Re: Why, oh Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesd
Whole thing stinks. Just another example of a band trying to fleece its fans for as much as it can take. And don't get me started about why there needs to be 5,6, 7, 8 versions of the CD - talk about encouraging people to buy more than one version - what a rip off!
i dont wanna whine about the album but that bits sounds good to me
Old 10-17-2003, 03:08 PM
Last Man Standing

Quote:
Heres a thought. The international version (yes, thats right, Brazil doesn't count as an international nation, they have their own version of TLFR!) of TLFR has 'The Distance' on it from Yokohama and rumours abound about 'Joey' now.

2 Tracks

2 Tracks have just been ditched from the listing. 2 tracks that us fans would much rather (much, much, much, much, much etc) rather have than 2 acoustic versions of songs that probably wont even be on the set lists for the next tour!

Dont get the logic of ditching two songs that the fans would have gone mad for in favour of two run of the mill songs from a show that Jon admits himself was below par!

The official reason for Last Man and Thief being ditched seems to be an amalgamtion of two reasons. 1 - not enough space on the disc and 2 - This is a greatest hits set, not appropriate for new songs.

I have answers to both those questions. 1- well in that case ditch the two acoustic songs in favour of the new songs! and 2 - if thats the case. both Distance and Joey shouldn't be on here either. Neither of them could be considered in a month of sundays to be BJ greatest hits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have just ordered the international version with dvd (cos, afterall, I love these songs, just not the thought behind them) from cdwow in the uk for a measley £8.99 delivered. This was the cheapest price I could find, meaning Jon 'Dollars' Bon Jovi doesn't get anymore of my cash!
Or why not choose not to buy it altogether if you're so unhappy??? The "two new songs"debate has really been done to death, id rather have 14 tracks than 12 no matter what the two extra ones are.
Old 10-17-2003, 03:12 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotica80
Quote:

2 Tracks

Or why not choose not to buy it altogether if you're so unhappy??? The "two new songs"debate has really been done to death, id rather have 14 tracks than 12 no matter what the two extra ones are.
fair point
Old 10-17-2003, 03:16 PM
Destination any Forum

Quote:

2 Tracks

There are people dancing on what
they perceive to be our grave
Old 10-17-2003, 07:49 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Your a twat for many reasons....most of the above for a start...

Let's start here...

Quote:
The publishing rightsholder (in this case, Jon and Richie will receive most of the cash) will get the same amount no matter how much you paid for it. It's the store that will get less of the cake than say HMV who will mark it up more.

Also...the two 'bonus' tracks are just that...a bonus over and above the intended tracklisting. Maybe...just maybe the band rethought and decided that the new songs were too good to be 'bonus' and deserved to be put on an album properly in the future. In any case, what gives you the right to get annoyed about the tracklisting of the album?? Don't like it...don't buy it!
Old 10-17-2003, 08:37 PM
Jovi Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohosid
In any case, what gives you the right to get annoyed about the tracklisting of the album?? Don't like it...don't buy it!
Our right as free thinking individuals?

New Jersey is not just a state
- Its a religion!!
Old 10-17-2003, 09:46 PM
These Days

Send a message via ICQ to joviscout Send a message via MSN to joviscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohosid
In any case, what gives you the right to get annoyed about the tracklisting of the album?? Don't like it...don't buy it!
Our right as free thinking individuals?
Thats free thinking? man you lot think the same crap so damn much you must have a borg hive mind hidden somewhere around here
Old 10-17-2003, 09:56 PM
Dry County

I wonder what's going on within the BJ organisation. Tracklist changes, tracks added, releases running late.....