Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Don't compare the new versions to the old ones

General BJ Discussion

Old 10-26-2003, 02:55 AM
Suddenly

Default Don't compare the new versions to the old ones

All I'm saying is if you have an open mind you will love these songs,Don't be like all the star wars fans who bash the new trilogy compared to the old one.I like crush and to me Bounce was one hell of a cd Undiveded,bounce,hook me up,everyday,those songs rocked.Yes the ballads are not in line with older ballads.But the band is getting older and they write from a differnt perspective now.I can't wait for the new album this is something they wanted to do.And I know I will be first in line to get it cause i think its really gonna be good.And soon we will get the box set with even more cool stuff.I for one have alot of cool acoustics songs by them so i am glad they did it this way its a treat for us fans.We shouldn't bash the band for it.Well sorry for the long rambling i just wanted to get my 2cents in. :P

Old 10-26-2003, 09:17 AM
Posting Always

Calling the songs on TLFR as 'new version' automatically means that you are comparing them to the 'old versions'.
Old 10-26-2003, 09:33 AM
Posting Always

How can anyone not to compare them, since original version are well known to everyone? And I guess I'm not wrong saying that most people prefer original versions anyway.....

stone

Old 10-26-2003, 12:45 PM
Wish for Wings
Blaze of Posting

It takes a *very* open mind not to unconciously compare the two versions!

I don't think it's such a bad thing either. For instance I like the new version of IML and love the original too. They're just different and I like them both. With others it's the opposite, but forgetting about the original versions is almost impossible for me

- Charlotte Brontė.
Old 10-26-2003, 04:10 PM
Destination any Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper

I don't think it's such a bad thing either. For instance I like the new version of IML and love the original too. They're just different and I like them both. With others it's the opposite, but forgetting about the original versions is almost impossible for me
if u compare then naturally the original will just whoop the new stuff...cos its already inbedded in u for yrs....personally, im looking at them as different versions, like an experiment and osmehtign innovative and introspective from the band....i see no point in comparing them.

There are people dancing on what
they perceive to be our grave
Old 10-26-2003, 04:16 PM
Wish for Wings
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper

if u compare then naturally the original will just whoop the new stuff...cos its already inbedded in u for yrs....personally, im looking at them as different versions, like an experiment and osmehtign innovative and introspective from the band....i see no point in comparing them.
I'm not ssaying I'm playing the original version and then the new snippet! But the original versions are there inside my head.

Plus, I don't see it's such a bad thing. Take Wanted for instance, I don't think I'd like it even if it was new... But the snippets of IML or Born to be my baby I do like.

I'm not comparing consciously, but even if I were if the songs were good I'd like them and if they weren't I wouldn't.

- Charlotte Brontė.
Old 10-26-2003, 04:21 PM
Just posting

That's difficult as it's the same songs redone .... we can't forget the originals because there ARE originals ... I know what you mean but I think it's impossible ... I am totally used to the snippets I heard now and as I mentionned in another post I am a very easy to please public if the beat is good and the lyrics too I am ok ... but I cannot not compare tho ...
Old 10-26-2003, 10:00 PM
I Wanna Rock
Jovi Freak

Send a message via MSN to {_Warrior_}

I can“t forget how good they were
Old 10-26-2003, 10:09 PM
Price of posting

Send a message via ICQ to Sambo-Chris Send a message via MSN to Sambo-Chris

If I compare them or not, I don't like them. If it wasn't BJ I never had heard to the snippets a second time or today to the full version on Wanted because I simply don't like them. It has nothing to do with that I know the original versions.
Old 10-26-2003, 10:28 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris
If I compare them or not, I don't like them. If it wasn't BJ I never had heard to the snippets a second time or today to the full version on Wanted because I simply don't like them. It has nothing to do with that I know the original versions.
I'm afraid that's exactly how I feel too. I just don't like the style - It's nothing I would buy normally. I might like a few of the others on the album when I hear them but Wanted isn't one of them.

Kathleen

You write your truth and I'll write mine.