Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Richie's performances in the 90's

General BJ Discussion

Old 05-19-2016, 12:30 AM
Undiscovered Posts

Default Richie's performances in the 90's

Hey all,
In the past few months I really got into Richie's first studio album, and more speciffically his live performance "On Lead Guitar", which I find super special, his voice over there is amazing. However I haven't found much info about this one and it's not on wiki for instance, and for that I'm wanna ask: Are there any other special live performances by Richie in that level which you can recommend?

Sorry if there's an answer over here on the boards because my search didn't match it.

Thanks!

Old 05-19-2016, 01:35 AM
Posting everyday

There isn't much footage or material available from this Stranger In This Town solo tour, unfortunately. Another good one is the only full video we have from back then:

Then we have a little piece of time-coded footage that stemmed indirectly from Richie:

From later tours I'd recommend Tokyo 1998 (many videos of single songs on YT). Great quality recording and the show is very good, even though I'm not a big fan of Undiscovered Soul.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:36 AM
Livin' on a Post

I think this is from the San Diego '91 concert. At least the first two tracks, didn't listen to the whole set.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:38 AM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_K View Post
I think this is from the San Diego '91 concert. At least the first two tracks, didn't listen to the whole set.
Yep, "On Lead Guitar" is the concert from San Diego
Old 05-19-2016, 11:43 AM
Livin' on a Post

Do I remember correctly: wasnt Richies first solo tour in 1991 cut short because of the band getting back together?

These 1991 performances are fine indeed!!
Old 05-19-2016, 12:55 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokuli View Post
Do I remember correctly: wasnt Richies first solo tour in 1991 cut short because of the band getting back together?

These 1991 performances are fine indeed!!
As far as I know it was cut short due to poor ticket sales. That being said, Richie did a full US tour. Three dates in Germany had been planned for December 1991 in Germany, but there wasn't enough interest to make them happen. I still think it's odd that only three German dates and no other European shows were announced back then.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:31 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
As far as I know it was cut short due to poor ticket sales. That being said, Richie did a full US tour. Three dates in Germany had been planned for December 1991 in Germany, but there wasn't enough interest to make them happen. I still think it's odd that only three German dates and no other European shows were announced back then.
The above info is just incorrect. There were more shows European shows announced, including a London show which sold out very fast. He's never had an issue selling tickets in Europe. So ticket sales were not an issue. It was almost certainly due to the fact that he was summoned back to duty for BJ.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Richie-Sam...-/231597570624
Old 05-27-2016, 06:59 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
The above info is just incorrect. There were more shows European shows announced, including a London show which sold out very fast. He's never had an issue selling tickets in Europe. So ticket sales were not an issue. It was almost certainly due to the fact that he was summoned back to duty for BJ.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Richie-Sam...-/231597570624
Didn't know that, thanks for the info. However, the German dates definitely got cancelled due to low ticket sales. Might've been different for the UK or other possible dates.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:02 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
There were more shows European shows announced, including a London show which sold out very fast.
Do you know which other shows had been announced?
Old 05-27-2016, 08:59 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Didn't know that, thanks for the info. However, the German dates definitely got cancelled due to low ticket sales. Might've been different for the UK or other possible dates.
Do you have a source for this? I find it hard to believe that Richie couldn't fill clubs in 91, but could in 98?