Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Theoretical Super Deluxe Editions with existing material

General BJ Discussion

Old 01-05-2020, 09:21 PM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
Fun fact - there is an 8 hour rough cut of Access All Areas which I plan to get my hands on one day.
Well that surely is interesting!

Old 01-05-2020, 10:36 PM
Something for the Posts

Cool

Quote:
Fun fact - there is an 8 hour rough cut of Access All Areas which I plan to get my hands on one day.
8 Hours!? Holy smokes...
Old 01-05-2020, 10:38 PM
Something for the Posts

Angry

Quote:
Video would be a strench, but they could easily do archive audio releases like Springsteen and that could be done relatively cheaply - I doubt they would achieve huge sales but almost certainly enough to make the money back and make a bit of profit.
I think Bon Jovi released more Live B-Sides than any other band I can think of. There must be so many whole shows just sitting there gathering dust...such a waste...
Old 01-05-2020, 11:14 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Video would be a strench, but they could easily do archive audio releases like Springsteen and that could be done relatively cheaply - I doubt they would achieve huge sales but almost certainly enough to make the money back and make a bit of profit.
You're not wrong, I just can't see anyone in that organization putting work in for something that they'd more than likely even out on. It need to be done right to make the money they'd want to make and that'd raise costs crazily.

I just want it to happen though haha. Gimme as many older songs as possible, I'll pay.
Old 01-06-2020, 09:03 AM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
I think Bon Jovi released more Live B-Sides than any other band I can think of. There must be so many whole shows just sitting there gathering dust...such a waste...
I'm not so sure about that. Most live songs the band have released originate from radio and/or TV broadcasts. I'd say 90% of what they've released was out there before in one way or the other.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 01-06-2020, 02:03 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Gimme as many older songs as possible, I'll pay.
You are not alone....

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 01-06-2020, 06:03 PM
Price of posting

I would like to have An Evening with Bon Jovi on an anniversary release, remastered on DVD + CD as other bands / artists have released over time.

I would also like to have an extended assembly of Wembley 1995 in a new 1080p or 4k transfer, since this concert was filmed with 16 mm cameras cinema, so it could happen.

See what the new INXS relaunch looks like in Wembley 91.

But being realistic will not happen.

I think a new 40th anniversary box set is most likely, that would be fantastic, if they lauch another 50 songs from the vaults I would blow my head, it would be incredible.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 01-06-2020 at 06:14 PM..
Old 01-06-2020, 07:34 PM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
I would like to have An Evening with Bon Jovi on an anniversary release, remastered on DVD + CD as other bands / artists have released over time.
Well you got that already with numerous bonus tracks & rehearsals:

https://www.discjapan.com/product/bo...-laf-18141817/

I wouldn't mind more audio/video quality but to me these additional tracks & studio chatter is the real treat.
Old 01-06-2020, 09:27 PM
Posting everyday

I honestly don't get the obsession with re-releases of stuff that had been out there for decades.

- An Evening With Bon Jovi: There are HD remasters out there that were made by professionals in TV studios from the Laserdisc release. It's unlikely a re-release would feature much better quality. AND we have all 4 nights uncut - 2 rehearsals, 2 nights of recording - all from the Soundboard. That's almost 11 hours of audio material on its own.

- Wembley 95: Yeah, the venue was epic, but there's a reason why most of the second half got cut. Jon's voice really faded away that night and even the last 3 songs on the DVD had a lot of overdubs from other shows added. Plus, the footage either belongs to ABC or BBC who had filmed this, so the raw film (if still alive) most likely isn't in the Bon Jovi camp.

If they'd open the vaults, then please show us something the fans haven't seen yet instead of the gazillionth version of something that had already been around one way or the other.
Old 01-07-2020, 12:08 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
I honestly don't get the obsession with re-releases of stuff that had been out there for decades.

- An Evening With Bon Jovi: There are HD remasters out there that were made by professionals in TV studios from the Laserdisc release. It's unlikely a re-release would feature much better quality. AND we have all 4 nights uncut - 2 rehearsals, 2 nights of recording - all from the Soundboard. That's almost 11 hours of audio material on its own.

- Wembley 95: Yeah, the venue was epic, but there's a reason why most of the second half got cut. Jon's voice really faded away that night and even the last 3 songs on the DVD had a lot of overdubs from other shows added. Plus, the footage either belongs to ABC or BBC who had filmed this, so the raw film (if still alive) most likely isn't in the Bon Jovi camp.

If they'd open the vaults, then please show us something the fans haven't seen yet instead of the gazillionth version of something that had already been around one way or the other.
I agree with that.