Aldo Nova's crazy griping

General BJ Discussion

Old 04-18-2014, 09:21 PM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolai View Post
mmm where the fook have you been, Eric with a K
I visit about once a week and haven't posted for a few months because this is probably the most boring forum I'm a part of. I feel like it's the same idiots arguing about the same things. One reason I never joined a GNR board is because of all of the Slash vs. Axl idiots. Now this board is slowly turning into exactly that.

That's why I haven't been posting.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:05 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Location: In a bar breathing smoke, snorting whiskey drinking coke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
I visit about once a week and haven't posted for a few months because this is probably the most boring forum I'm a part of. I feel like it's the same idiots arguing about the same things. One reason I never joined a GNR board is because of all of the Slash vs. Axl idiots. Now this board is slowly turning into exactly that.

I thought you left becuase no one found you funny and nickolai / Rdkopper got the best of you. If you leave just leave. Flouncing back and fourth while complaining makes you look like a bitter child.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:11 AM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post

Well funny you say that I was thinking the other day that you haven't posted for a while. But when you have moronic children like TicCock ^^^ then who can blame you for staying away. Yes the board has run it's course. The band has split (unofficially) and it's just got boring.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:26 AM

Location: In a bar breathing smoke, snorting whiskey drinking coke.

Quote:
Well funny you say that I was thinking the other day that you haven't posted for a while. But when you have moronic children like TicCock ^^^ then who can blame you for staying away. Yes the board has run it's course. The band has split (unofficially) and it's just got boring.
Yeah this board has run it's course, much like your favourite fad comedy act and lip syncing experts Steel Panther.

"TicCock" Now if we had more clever witticisms like that on here then maybe all wouldn't be lost. Keep it up Nick. Every place needs it's simpletons
Old 04-19-2014, 07:48 AM
The Distance

Quote:
I thought Tics post was spot on. Good job man.

But yea, the Richie stuff really doesn't interest me as much. Its like when a great supporting actor becomes a lead. Like Joey from Friends was hysterical on Friends but once they gave him his own show, he lost it.

I finally came to the realization that the key to Jon and Richies successes were their abilities to deliver a song in the raw. They had such powerful voices they needed nothing to make them sound amazing. Now that that power is gone and they are relying on production, i feel it's never gonna be the same.

I've been waiting for that real wow moment since HAND and I don't think its ever coming
Old 04-19-2014, 10:02 AM
Born to be my Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post

But yea, the Richie stuff really doesn't interest me as much. Its like when a great supporting actor becomes a lead. Like Joey from Friends was hysterical on Friends but once they gave him his own show, he lost it.

I finally came to the realization that the key to Jon and Richies successes were their abilities to deliver a song in the raw. They had such powerful voices they needed nothing to make them sound amazing. Now that that power is gone and they are relying on production, i feel it's never gonna be the same.

I've been waiting for that real wow moment since HAND and I don't think its ever coming
I never thought of it that way,but you are pretty right.I just imagined Jons voice from the early 90's singing BWC,sure the instruments would've been different and the sound would've been heavier .If it had been recorder like that,imo,it could have been a pretty decent song.The message is a positive one,awesome vocals,great instruments and probably a far better solo.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:20 AM
Posting Always

Quote:

Except for the first bit (because Tic is an even bigger cunt than Panda) you're spot on Rdkopper. It was Jon and Richie's voice that wow'd us for decades. Maybe we are all losing sight of this.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:55 PM
The Distance

I've been going through and listening to some older stuff lately (trying to find a song for another member) and it really just hit me.

Jon's signature raspy voice was all that was needed. (Not being a vocalist, I think he actually sang from his throat and not his core which is probably the worst way to sing. He probably sings more correct now then he did then)

We blame the production and writing and in some ways it could be better but for other songs, I think some of it is better.

Try to vision this. Jon singing Pictures Of You like he did I'll Be There For You during the late 80's. No Matter How I Try, No Matter What I Do, I'l Still Seeing Pictures Of You with that raspy slowed down voice. Maybe a quick breath in-between.... It would be transformed into a totally different song. Or do the same with Superman Tonight.

It's My Life ruined this band for 14 years. It's the one song where production and not vocals were able to carry it. They have been trying to repeat that magic ever since.

On the opposite end of it all, if you listen to most of those 80s bands today, they all sound much worse then Bon Jovi does. Shitty low budget production, bad writing, and unnoticeable vocals.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:53 PM

Quote:
On the opposite end of it all, if you listen to most of those 80s bands today, they all sound much worse then Bon Jovi does. Shitty low budget production, bad writing, and unnoticeable vocals.
You're Wrong
Old 04-19-2014, 08:20 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsambo View Post
You're Wrong
Comedy act.

Or the slight 1% that you're actually serious do you really think you can get away with just saying "You're Wrong".

Here's a clue. In a debate if you're going to disagree with someone at least try to back it up

Tags
aldo nova