Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Aldo Nova's crazy griping

General BJ Discussion

Old 04-20-2014, 03:38 AM
Something for the Posts

Crazy griping? It sounds more like bitter, ungrateful whining:

Quote:
Q - How did you meet Bon Jovi?

Aldo Nova: I met him when I was mixing my first record. That's how we met. His cousin introduced us, and he came down and hung out with me in the studio. He heard my album and said, “Wow. This stuff kicks.” Then my album took off like a bullet, and then when he needed someone to play guitar in 'Runnway' he called me up and I actually went. Then I played keyboards and sang background on his first (solo?) album. We've been friends ever since. With Jon, he's more like my brother than anything else. It's that close...

http://www.famousinterview.ca/interviews/aldo_nova.htm

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 04-26-2014 at 02:59 AM..

Old 04-20-2014, 05:11 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolai View Post
Comedy act.

Or the slight 1% that you're actually serious do you really think you can get away with just saying "You're Wrong".

Here's a clue. In a debate if you're going to disagree with someone at least try to back it up
Ha Ha, I was waiting for that...

Listen to anything Motley Crue, Sebastian Bach, or Poison (some heavy hitters back in the day) put out form 2000 forward. It's like Puke

Last edited by Rdkopper; 04-20-2014 at 03:50 PM..
Old 04-29-2014, 04:42 PM
The Distance

Cool Jon and Aldo interview back in 1990....

Some highlights:

- Jon in the studio working / producing Aldo's album

- Jon playing a song on the piano

- Talk about the live album and the scrapping of it
Old 04-29-2014, 08:16 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Cool Jon and Aldo interview back in 1990....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH-iOC056aQ

Some highlights:

- Jon in the studio working / producing Aldo's album

- Jon playing a song on the piano

- Talk about the live album and the scrapping of it
Thanks a lot! It seems like that Jon really has talent to dislike the songs who're gonna be best. Prayer and Always to name a few of his own but here they talk about Bright Lights - the best ever song done by Aldo and he didn't want it on the album. Or is it because he doesn't have a writing credit on the one?

I love Aldo's Blood On The Bricks, it's an amazing album. If it had been released a year earlier, it would have been a hit!
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Aldo Nova - Bright Lights
Old 04-30-2014, 03:19 AM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
Thanks a lot! It seems like that Jon really has talent to dislike the songs who're gonna be best. Prayer and Always to name a few of his own but here they talk about Bright Lights - the best ever song done by Aldo and he didn't want it on the album. Or is it because he doesn't have a writing credit on the one?

I love Aldo's Blood On The Bricks, it's an amazing album. If it had been released a year earlier, it would have been a hit!
That's a rather accurate assessment. Jon seems to be able to shoot himself in the foot frequently. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that he is actually in the wrong business - or at least in the wrong part of the business. I think he really wanted to be Frank Sinatra not a "hairband" rock and roll star. He did what he had to do in order to be relevant in the 80's but he has disowned that part of his life for a long time now. That may be why he really can't evaluate what might be a hit or not.

But in any case I agree completely about Blood on the Bricks. I love the album and I have since I first heard it.

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:03 AM
The Distance

I think Jon summed it up best when he talks about him not being able to identify a good song. He writes so many songs and during the production process, he doesn't hear the final version that we hear. He might like his favorite guitar sound playing. Just things we don't hear or care about.

It's like when we build something, we notice every mistake and might think it sucks because of that, whereas someone else could view it and think it's great.

I also love the way Blood On The Bricks is produced and the songs are all great. As someone stated, if the album was released just 1 year before it could have been so much more successful. It would be nice to hear Jon stand out on some of the backing vocals but oh well.

Last edited by Rdkopper; 04-30-2014 at 06:24 AM..
Old 04-30-2014, 05:46 PM
Runaway

Ever hear the Dean Fasano/Message version of "Hey Ronnie"? It's titled "Hey Jonny" but pretty much the same song, it's not bad, other than the weird title change. There is also a Message version of "Fields of Fire" on the same album that is pretty cool.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:04 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pstmatt View Post
Ever hear the Dean Fasano/Message version of "Hey Ronnie"? It's titled "Hey Jonny" but pretty much the same song, it's not bad, other than the weird title change. There is also a Message version of "Fields of Fire" on the same album that is pretty cool.
No and No...

I've heard Aldo's demo version of Hey Johnny. Interesting how the song changed from being about 2 dudes expressing their best-friend-ship to a love song between man and woman. It's a great example of how a song-writing process works. Example: "The Station" was the Power Station Studios in Hey Johnny and morphed into a Gas Station in Hey Ronnie.

I'd really love to hear both "Fields Of Fire" and "Hey Johnny" buy Message. Is it on YouTube or Spotify?
Old 05-01-2014, 07:54 PM
Runaway

I only found "Fields" on youtube. Weird since I think 'Fields" was only a japan bonus track for the album, which was a minor release to begin with. Hey Jonny was on the actual album.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:11 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pstmatt View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAwNPonAXeY

I only found "Fields" on youtube. Weird since I think 'Fields" was only a japan bonus track for the album, which was a minor release to begin with. Hey Jonny was on the actual album.
Wow!!!! That was EXCELLENT! thanks for sharing that.

I like this slowed down version but prefer Jon's voice

Tags
aldo nova