Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Star Wars

TV & Movies

Old 10-23-2019, 10:24 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986
Default Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | Final Trailer

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.

Last edited by Dave 1986; 11-10-2019 at 08:19 PM.. Reason: Post title

Old 12-22-2019, 06:09 PM
Posting Always

I saw The Rise of Skywalker yesterday and, while I do have mixed feelings with it over all, I generally enjoyed myself. I went in with very low expectations largely due to being fed up with Star Wars in general, but I had fun.

As always with every new Star Wars film we've had since Disney's acquisition, I hate having to avoid the internet and social media until I've seen the film but now enjoying being free to go on Twitter and unmute terms, read reviews and watch/listen to podcasts on Youtube just to see what other people think.

Love to know what people here think but if we can all be spoiler-free for the foreseeable future for those who have yet to see it, that would be great.

Follow me on Twitter

Bon Jovi Concerts:
Old 12-23-2019, 11:51 AM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Nige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 1986 View Post
I saw The Rise of Skywalker yesterday and, while I do have mixed feelings with it over all, I generally enjoyed myself. I went in with very low expectations largely due to being fed up with Star Wars in general, but I had fun.

As always with every new Star Wars film we've had since Disney's acquisition, I hate having to avoid the internet and social media until I've seen the film but now enjoying being free to go on Twitter and unmute terms, read reviews and watch/listen to podcasts on Youtube just to see what other people think.

Love to know what people here think but if we can all be spoiler-free for the foreseeable future for those who have yet to see it, that would be great.
I thoroughly enjoyed it, much moreso than The Last Jedi. There were a few bits, mainly fan-servicing, I would personally have changed (or omitted) but generally a satisfying end to the saga.
Old 01-18-2020, 10:07 PM
Posting Always

I enjoyed myself when I saw it, but I thought the film was just ok. It was fun, action-packed and acted like a love-letter to fans, but it was very messy and the story was uninspired. Bringing Palpatine back was such a cop-out but I did enjoy some of his scenes. The whole revalation between certain characters (avoiding spoilers) was so unimaginative and was something I really hoped wouldn't have happened when the sequel trilogy started. Something that J. J. Abrams himself kind of went back on his words on when The Force Awakens came out.

I enjoyed TFA and TLJ and there are good things about TRoS as well, but I felt it let the whole trilogy down on all honesty. I will buy it on Blu Ray of course and will watch it again to see how I feel when the dust has settled. It does seem wierd now that it's all over as far as the "Skywalker Saga" is concerned and that sequel trilogy is all done.

I'm am looking forward to watching The Mandalorian and am intrigued to see what the Obi Wan series will be like but I'm glad that Star Wars has wound down on the big screen for now. I know other directors are going to make more films in the not-to-distant future that are not directly linked to the Skywalker Saga (but obviously in the same universe) but I'm not bothered about those for now.

Also, this is getting released at some point;

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Star-...lu-ray/259350/

Follow me on Twitter

Bon Jovi Concerts:
Old 11-29-2020, 12:56 PM
Posting Always

Dave Prowse: Darth Vader actor dies aged 85

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55117704

Follow me on Twitter

Bon Jovi Concerts:
Old 12-16-2020, 11:32 PM
Undiscovered Posts

I used to be a big Star Wars Fan, enjoyed both Original and Prequel Trilogy alot even if Jar Jar was pretty annoying in Episode One . To watch Star Wars on the big screen again after all these years was exicting at first but in the end I was dissappointed by TFA, the first Film under Disney: Instead of getting to know anything about the New Republic, everything has been sat back to square one with the only differences that the Rebel Alliance is called Résistance and the Enemy is the First Order instead of the Empire. Overall the whole Sequel Trilogy was a big letdown, as it was obvious that Disney had no Concept to really continue this great Story written by George Lucas and instead decided to copy the OT but in Bad way.

Tags
star wars