Your Morning News

General BJ Discussion

Old 09-12-2003, 03:43 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Default Your Morning News

http://www.ananova.com/entertainment...sm_818595.html

Bon Jovi reworking old songs for new album

Bon Jovi are set to release a new album entitled This Left Feels Right on November 3.

The release comes a year after their last album Bounce and features completely re-worked and acoustic versions of the New Jersey band's greatest hits.

The record will feature two new songs Last Man Standing and Thief of Hearts, which are likely to be released as singles.

The album also includes new arrangements of global-hit songs, including Born To Be My Baby, Keep The Faith, It's My Life and Wanted Dead or Alive.

Frontman Jon Bon Jovi told the band's official website www.bonjovi.com: "We went into the studio thinking we were making an acoustic record.

"We had a definite idea of the record we were going to make. But once we began experimenting with the songs and trying out new ideas we created a very different, unique album.

"We made a complete left turn and took the project down a different road."

Lead guitarist Richie Sambora added: "I am having the most fun I've ever had working on this album.

"I'm so excited - I literally cannot wait to get into the studio everyday and get to work."

Story filed: 12:10 Friday 12th September 2003

http://www.undercover.com.au/news/20...2_bonjovi.html

Left Feels Right For Jon Bon Jovi

Bon Jovi are about to reinvent all of their old hits. The band will release reworked versions of their greatest hits as This Left Feels Right.

The album will feature new arrangements of old songs from an acoustic base. Songs such as "Born To Be My Baby," "Keep The Faith," "It's My Life" and "Wanted Dead or Alive" will highlight the record but there are also two new songs "Last Man Standing" and Thief of Hearts" that will debut on the record.

"We went into the studio thinking we were making an acoustic record," says Jon Bon Jovi in a statement. "We had a definite idea of the record we were going to make. But once we began experimenting with the songs and trying out new ideas we created a very different, unique album. We made a complete left turn and took the project down a different road."

Patrick Leonard, best known for his work with Madonna and Rod Stewart has co-produced the record with Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora.
"I am having the most fun I've ever had working on this album," elates Richie Sambora. "I'm so excited - I literally cannot wait to get into the studio everyday and get to work."

The album is due November 4.

by Paul Cashmere

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030911/nyth100_1.html

Bon Jovi - THIS LEFT FEELS RIGHT
Thursday September 11, 2:31 pm ET
BON JOVI To Release Their Greatest Hits With A New Twist; In Stores: November 4, 2003

NEW YORK, Sept. 11 /PRNewswire/ --
* The first-ever to headline the NFL KICKOFF Spectacular in Times Square,
NYC.
* One of the TOP 10 GROSSING CONCERT TOURS of 2003
* The #3 TOURING ACT in 2003 as voted by readers of Rolling Stone
magazine.
* The #4 All-Time Greatest MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS Live Performance
* The #4 All-Time Greatest NFL MUSIC EVENT in Rolling Stone magazine
* In the past three years: Three sold-out world tours in three years.
Two studio albums and one live album in
three years.
Multiple Grammy Nominations in the past
three years.

2000 - 2003 have been incredibly successful (and busy) for one of the most recognized and beloved rock groups in the world. And at the end of the day, IT'S ALL ABOUT THE SONGS.

BON JOVI are set to release THIS LEFT FEELS RIGHT on NOVEMBER 4, 2003. Co-produced by PAT LEONARD, JON BON JOVI and RICHIE SAMBORA, THIS LEFT FEELS RIGHT is a showcase of the band's greatest hits, each completely reworked from an acoustic base with new arrangements and various styles. (In addition to the Bon Jovi hits, which include "Born To Be My Baby," "Keep The Faith," "It's My Life" and "Wanted Dead or Alive," the band has included two new songs, "Last Man Standing" and "Thief of Hearts".) THIS LEFT FEELS RIGHT is not the band performing their most popular songs with two acoustic guitars. Each song has been broken down to its core elements, re-discovered and re-crafted, constructing an album that takes the songs you thought you knew in a whole new direction.

"We went into the studio thinking we were making an acoustic record," says Jon Bon Jovi. "We had a definite idea of the record we were going to make. But once we began experimenting with the songs and trying out new ideas we created a very different, unique album. We made a complete left turn and took the project down a different road."

The band joined forces with veteran producer PAT LEONARD (Madonna, Rod Stewart, Elton John) and began the process of choosing which of the many hits the team would rework. Large rock anthems became jazzy riffs. Songs sung aloud to crowds of 80,000 morphed into intimate serenades. Tempos and instrumentations, phrasings and arrangements have been revamped and each track is as if it were a brand new song. The long hours in the studio have been some of the most creative and productive the band have ever experienced.

"I am having the most fun I've ever had working on this album," elates Richie Sambora. "I'm so excited - I literally cannot wait to get into the studio everyday and get to work."

The concept of stripping the songs down to their basic elements and performing them acoustically is nothing new for Bon Jovi. Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora made history when they took to the stage at the MTV Video Music Awards in 1989 and performed "Livin' On A Prayer" and "Wanted Dead or Alive" with just two guitars. That monumental performance inspired the UnPlugged TV series and the UnPlugged movement in music. That watershed moment was voted the #4 All Time Greatest MTV VMA Performance.

Since that time, Bon Jovi have performed "busks" all over the world, in cities as diverse as Moscow, London, Barcelona and Sydney, in front of thousands and thousands of fans who gather to witness the acoustic public concerts. In 2001, Jon and Richie gave a stirring performance of "Livin' On A Prayer" at the America: A Tribute To Heroes telethon. Later that year, the duo performed a poignant rendition of "Here Comes The Sun" as a tribute to George Harrison at the MY VH-1 Awards. In January 2003, the band decided to take the acoustic setting even further and performed an entire concert acoustically in Yokohama, Japan. The band then hand-picked several cities on their Bounce tour and designated them as shows which would open with a one-hour acoustic set before performing the remainder of the concert "plugged in." These shows were a thrill for the band, the fans and the critics alike. The St. Paul Pioneer Press wrote, "Even unplugged, Bon Jovi rules!" Once the tour had ended, Bon Jovi took that enthusiasm and headed right into the studio to work on the acoustic record.

For further information, please contact Sheila Richman at 212/333-8511 or e-mail Sheila.Richman@umusic.com or Lauren Schneider at 212/333-8511 or e-mail Lauren.Schneider@umusic.com or visit www.bonjovi.com.

Old 09-12-2003, 03:52 PM
Destination any Forum

thanks becky... although I still feel a bit confused with this forth coming album... "This Left Feels Right ", the title tells me, crap or major succes! its hard to tell..

Old 09-12-2003, 03:54 PM
Destination any Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriK
thanks becky... although I still feel a bit confused with this forth coming album... "This Left Feels Right ", the title tells me, crap or major succes! its hard to tell..
success.... i love acoustic an di m hopign for something very different and experimental, go richie!

There are people dancing on what
they perceive to be our grave
Old 09-12-2003, 04:07 PM
Breakout

Thanx, Becky. As always, you are great source of info. You should be one of Oompas.
Old 09-12-2003, 04:08 PM
Last Man Standing

Cheers Becky, From the songs ive heard that are going on it, it sounds promising. Cant wait to hear it!!
Old 09-12-2003, 04:12 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag
Quote:
success.... i love acoustic an di m hopign for something very different and experimental, go richie!
You know, if you had said, "go Jon" at least 18 people would have jumped down your throat. How about "Go Jon and Richie" since the two of them seem to be the ones doing most of the work. Everytime we hear something about Tico he's in Florida playing golf!

Becky
Old 09-12-2003, 04:34 PM
Jovi Fan

Send a message via AIM to BoNjOvIbabee

First- wow i am excited, the album sounds really cool...not like anything they have ever done before. I love acoustic. I wonder what the singles will be like though...I hope they are not pop. Although I have said before (not here) that I don't mind their pop stuff, their old stuff was definitely better, they are a rock band.

Second- LOL aww I love Tico!! And what can a drummer so anyway, hehe. Although I would never imagine him playing golf...he looks more like a mob boss to me!! LOL he was like chain-smoking at my concert...it was hilarious. And-where is Dave Bryan? He seems like he would be more involved, being the keyboard player n all....

but anyway, that is great info!!
Old 09-12-2003, 04:34 PM
Jovi Fan

Send a message via AIM to BoNjOvIbabee

First- wow i am excited, the album sounds really cool...not like anything they have ever done before. I love acoustic. I wonder what the singles will be like though...I hope they are not pop. Although I have said before (not here) that I don't mind their pop stuff, their old stuff was definitely better, they are a rock band.

Second- LOL aww I love Tico!! And what can a drummer so anyway, hehe. Although I would never imagine him playing golf...he looks more like a mob boss to me!! LOL he was like chain-smoking at my concert...it was hilarious. And-where is Dave Bryan? He seems like he would be more involved, being the keyboard player n all....

Old 09-12-2003, 04:46 PM
Destination any Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag
Quote:
You know, if you had said, "go Jon" at least 18 people would have jumped down your throat. How about "Go Jon and Richie" since the two of them seem to be the ones doing most of the work. Everytime we hear something about Tico he's in Florida playing golf!

Becky
i said 'go richie' on purpose to annoy ppl :P

yeah tico rocks

There are people dancing on what
they perceive to be our grave
Old 09-12-2003, 05:43 PM
Runaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNjOvIbabee

Dave is working on his musical, Memphis at the moment