Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Paul O'Neill of TSO died :/

Other Bands

Old 04-07-2017, 11:04 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny
Default Paul O'Neill of TSO died :/

I need to share this because it hit me really hard Paul O'Neill, the producer, writer, poet, composer who co-created the Trans-Siberian Orchestra died from a chronic disease on April 5.
The last two years have a disaster, so many big names leaving. This one is very difficult for me as it was totally unexpected. I was so looking forward to their new releases. I only hope they'll finish the ongoing projects. Their music means a lot to me.
Does anybody here know, who I'm talking about?
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Aldo Nova - Bright Lights

Old 04-07-2017, 11:34 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
I need to share this because it hit me really hard Paul O'Neill, the producer, writer, poet, composer who co-created the Trans-Siberian Orchestra died from a chronic disease on April 5.
The last two years have a disaster, so many big names leaving. This one is very difficult for me as it was totally unexpected. I was so looking forward to their new releases. I only hope they'll finish the ongoing projects. Their music means a lot to me.
Does anybody here know, who I'm talking about?

I do, seen TSO a couple of times - incredible shows. There are actually two groups out on the road at the same time in the US anyway - I'm East Coast. Plus his work with Savatage - I change my ring tone every Christmas to Christmas Eve Serajavo - Dead Winter Dead was my first experience with them.
Old 04-07-2017, 11:50 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny

Quote:
Originally Posted by golittleperson View Post
I do, seen TSO a couple of times - incredible shows. There are actually two groups out on the road at the same time in the US anyway - I'm East Coast. Plus his work with Savatage - I change my ring tone every Christmas to Christmas Eve Serajavo - Dead Winter Dead was my first experience with them.
I've seen them just once since I'm from Europe. Thanks to that I saw the allstars lineup which was basically Savatage without Jon Oliva and Zak Stevens. And I saw both Jon's (Pain) and Zak's (Circle II Circle) solo bands. I love the progressive Savatage years. And I wish to see TSO once in a big setting with all the pyro and lasers etc.
I know about the two bands touring and playing afternoon and evening shows. A Czech singer Gabriela Guncikova was a singer on the West group for two years but I had known the band way before that. I follow Chris Caffery and Kayla Reeves on facebook. I've also read some of Paul's short stories that accompany their conceptual albums. Paul was a unique person. Not only in terms of writing stories and music but also as someone who kept the ticket prices much lower than the other acts, no sectors etc. He was an altruistic soul - he was known to give money to people on the streets. He called it "whacking". I feel so sad...
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Aldo Nova - Bright Lights
Old 04-09-2017, 06:00 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
I've seen them just once since I'm from Europe. Thanks to that I saw the allstars lineup which was basically Savatage without Jon Oliva and Zak Stevens. And I saw both Jon's (Pain) and Zak's (Circle II Circle) solo bands. I love the progressive Savatage years. And I wish to see TSO once in a big setting with all the pyro and lasers etc.
I know about the two bands touring and playing afternoon and evening shows. A Czech singer Gabriela Guncikova was a singer on the West group for two years but I had known the band way before that. I follow Chris Caffery and Kayla Reeves on facebook. I've also read some of Paul's short stories that accompany their conceptual albums. Paul was a unique person. Not only in terms of writing stories and music but also as someone who kept the ticket prices much lower than the other acts, no sectors etc. He was an altruistic soul - he was known to give money to people on the streets. He called it "whacking". I feel so sad...
I hope you get to see them - it is the most elaborate stage performance I'd dare say I've ever seen. You walk away amazed. A tip - lower level is better imo than the floor as the musicians are plat formed out - they are almost where you feel you can touch them. Chris is always a standout and he's been sharing a lot on Facebook. Somewhere I have pics of him. Cherish the memories.....

As you can tell I'm no photographer - tried to upload a video that included everyone but...file issues.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TSO 1.jpg (95.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg TSO2.jpg (95.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg TSO4.jpg (97.9 KB, 15 views)