Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

The last tour

General BJ Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-12-2021, 08:17 PM
Santa Fe's Avatar
Santa Fe Santa Fe is offline
Senior Member
Keep the Faith
 
Join Date: 21 Jan 2007
Location: SPAIN
Age: 41
Gender: female
Posts: 905
Default The last tour

Just curious .
When do you think the last tour of the band could be?
Interested on your thoughts
__________________
Long live to rock and roll!
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 06-12-2021, 09:13 PM
rolo_tomachi rolo_tomachi is offline
Senior Member
Just posting
 
Join Date: 19 Aug 2009
Gender: male
Posts: 5,357
Default

2034 --- the last tour & END.
__________________
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XLFD8AK0YYe8YudV<img src=images/smilies/new_alien.gif border=0 alt= title=#alien class=inlineimg />TTabPS7PKGMNKb
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-12-2021, 09:22 PM
liljovi93's Avatar
liljovi93 liljovi93 is offline
Senior Member
I Don't Want To Post Forever
 
Join Date: 27 Mar 2007
Location: Liverpool
Age: 28
Gender: male
Posts: 12,109
Send a message via MSN to liljovi93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
2034 --- the last tour & END.
You think the last tour will be when Jon is 72 and Tico is 80?
Absolutely not.

I think they'll do some shows in 2022. A new album in 2023 with a bigger tour (still something similar to THINFS) and call it a day not long after.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
__________________


Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!


Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-12-2021, 09:22 PM
bonjovi90's Avatar
bonjovi90 bonjovi90 is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Geek
 
Join Date: 07 Jun 2008
Gender: male
Posts: 6,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
2034 --- the last tour & END.
Maybe Jon, definitely not Tico.
Somewhere around 2026 is my bet.

Gesendet von meinem X30 mit Tapatalk
__________________
Check out what's becoming the biggest Bon Jovi touring website: https://bjtours.jimdo.com/
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-12-2021, 09:33 PM
Santa Fe's Avatar
Santa Fe Santa Fe is offline
Senior Member
Keep the Faith
 
Join Date: 21 Jan 2007
Location: SPAIN
Age: 41
Gender: female
Posts: 905
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljovi93 View Post
You think the last tour will be when Jon is 72 and Tico is 80?
Absolutely not.

I think they'll do some shows in 2022. A new album in 2023 with a bigger tour (still something similar to THINFS) and call it a day not long after.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
And Hugh would be 83
__________________
Long live to rock and roll!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-12-2021, 09:40 PM
Supersonic's Avatar
Supersonic Supersonic is offline
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead
 
Join Date: 03 Aug 2002
Location: Bangkok
Gender: male
Posts: 15,971
Send a message via MSN to Supersonic
Default

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Fe View Post
Just curious .
When do you think the last tour of the band could be?
Interested on your thoughts
2011 was the last tour. Anything that's come after hasn't come close to what happened before. And with every subsequent new show Jon will do he'll confirm this idea further and further and further.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-12-2021, 09:51 PM
Santa Fe's Avatar
Santa Fe Santa Fe is offline
Senior Member
Keep the Faith
 
Join Date: 21 Jan 2007
Location: SPAIN
Age: 41
Gender: female
Posts: 905
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !



2011 was the last tour.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
But you say that because of Richie's departure ?
__________________
Long live to rock and roll!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-13-2021, 11:47 AM
rolo_tomachi rolo_tomachi is offline
Senior Member
Just posting
 
Join Date: 19 Aug 2009
Gender: male
Posts: 5,357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljovi93 View Post
You think the last tour will be when Jon is 72 and Tico is 80?
Absolutely not.

I think they'll do some shows in 2022. A new album in 2023 with a bigger tour (still something similar to THINFS) and call it a day not long after.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
It doesn't matter that much anymore that Tico and Dave aren't on the trip. Jon took care of that. All of Jon's decisions have been made for the good of the business. That WWWB documentary was the first stone to change that idealized concept of a band that we had... for JBJ Enterprise that incorporates Bon Jovi, and this is made up of hired musicians. Jon appreciates the loyalty, but it's still his business, his brand, not the brand of Tico and Dave. It was embarrassing to see how they made Hugh an official member after more than 20 years touring with the band and making records since Runaway era. The Rock N Roll Hall of Fame was a small moment of justice, but even so, it highlighted more that this problem had been dragging on since its first stage, by not making Hugh official at least since 1995.

Look what the Bon Jovi website has become, it is a merchandising site that all revolves around JBJ, with an integrated VIP service to get more money from the wealthier.

Let's be honest, Jon love writing and recording, and Bon Jovi it's still his big business. Jon's ego won't stop, especially when other bands/artists from his generation like U2, Metallica and Bryan Adams move on.

If Jon retires before 2034 it will be for other reasons, perhaps for health, and because his business would stop being profitable by his standards. Maybe, if this were to happen before Tico and Dave get off the boat sooner, Jon would take advantage of this to say that they reached an agreement to leave it, because he could not continue without them, but that would only be artificial makeup, like all the decisions you have made throughout your career.

Dave and Tico won't be the reason to stop. If Jon stays healthy, he could do a record and a little tour every 5 years. This is a feasible scenario, as long as Jon's health is good enough to deal with what this would entail. I have no doubt that he will continue to stay in shape for the next 10 years. We just have to cross our fingers so that Jon doesn't have any illness or serious health problem. I believe that a BON JOVI Comeback every 5/6 years can be a business.
__________________
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XLFD8AK0YYe8YudV<img src=images/smilies/new_alien.gif border=0 alt= title=#alien class=inlineimg />TTabPS7PKGMNKb

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 06-13-2021 at 11:55 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-13-2021, 11:53 AM
liljovi93's Avatar
liljovi93 liljovi93 is offline
Senior Member
I Don't Want To Post Forever
 
Join Date: 27 Mar 2007
Location: Liverpool
Age: 28
Gender: male
Posts: 12,109
Send a message via MSN to liljovi93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
It doesn't matter that much anymore that Tico and Dave aren't on the trip. Jon took care of that. All of Jon's decisions have been made for the good of the business. That WWWB documentary was the first stone to change that idealized concept of a band that we had... for JBJ Enterprise that incorporates Bon Jovi, and this is made up of hired musicians. Jon appreciates the loyalty, but it's still his business, his brand, not the brand of Tico and Dave. It was embarrassing to see how they made Hugh an official member after more than 20 years touring with the band and making records since Runaway era. The Rock N Roll Hall of Fame was a small moment of justice, but even so, it highlighted more that this problem had been dragging on since its first stage, by not making Hugh official at least since 1995.



Look what the Bon Jovi website has become, it is a merchandising site that all revolves around JBJ, with an integrated VIP service to get more money from the wealthier.



Let's be honest, Jon love writing and recording, and Bon Jovi it's still his big business. Jon's ego won't stop, especially when other bands/artists from his generation like U2, Metallica and Bryan Adams move on.



If Jon retires before 2034 it will be for other reasons, perhaps for health, and because his business would stop being profitable by his standards. Maybe, if this were to happen before Tico and Dave get off the boat sooner, Jon would take advantage of this to say that they reached an agreement to leave it, because he could not continue without them, but that would only be artificial makeup, like all the decisions you have made throughout your career.
The question was when do you think the last tour of the band will be, not Jon.

I get it's the JBJ show now and has been for a while but the question was about Bon Jovi as a band now.

Jon probably won't ever retire. The others on the other hand...

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
__________________


Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!


Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-13-2021, 12:19 PM
rolo_tomachi rolo_tomachi is offline
Senior Member
Just posting
 
Join Date: 19 Aug 2009
Gender: male
Posts: 5,357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljovi93 View Post
The question was when do you think the last tour of the band will be, not Jon.

I get it's the JBJ show now and has been for a while but the question was about Bon Jovi as a band now.

Jon probably won't ever retire. The others on the other hand...

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
If you mean the BON JOVI brand, I think it will be touring until 2034. If you mean with Dave and Tico, I don't know. Dave seems to be healthier than Jon. Tico maybe in 5 years is out, or who knows, maybe not. In that matter I don't know. These guys have earned their retirement, so I would be happy with what they decide.

My personal wish is to see the BRAND alive in 2034 for one last tour. Because since Richie left, that's what BON JOVI represents today, a brand.

As Seb said, Bon Jovi's last tour as a band was in 2011.
__________________
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XLFD8AK0YYe8YudV<img src=images/smilies/new_alien.gif border=0 alt= title=#alien class=inlineimg />TTabPS7PKGMNKb

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 06-13-2021 at 12:21 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.