Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Keith Urban Comes Up Short at New Jersey Store, Bailed Out By Substitute Teacher

Other Bands

Old 08-07-2018, 04:09 AM
Something for the Posts

Default Keith Urban Comes Up Short at New Jersey Store, Bailed Out By Substitute Teacher

Quote:
New Jersey Patch: Even country music star Keith Urban is a little short on cash once in a while. Urban performed at BB&T Pavilion in Camden on Friday, and decided to make a Wawa run in nearby Medford. The only thing is, he was a little short on cash. Fortunately for him, a substitute teacher from a local school was there to help.

"For three years, I have made a resolution to once a week treat someone at Wawa," Ruth Reed wrote in a post that was shared by one of her students. Reed wrote that it happens to her more than once a week, and that her friends had given her extra money to spend at Wawa.

"This man was short a few dollars," she said. "He asked a lady with him if she had money. I jumped in and said I would pay and explained why. He thanked me and asked my name. I asked him his, and he told me it was Keith. I said that he did look like Keith Urban, he said he was."

Her students applauded her actions, taking to social media to spread the news. "My favorite story of the day is how my third grade teacher thought Keith Urban was down on his luck and couldn't pay for his Wawa snacks, so she bought them for him," her student posted in a Tweet that is embedded below.

On Monday, Reed tweeted, "Keith Urban, thank you for the photo at Wawa. You were so gracious. I'm a celebrity with my FB friends now! Thanks!"
If you live on the northeast coast of the US south of New York City, you might be familiar with the Wawa convenience store chain. Back in the days when they had a few stores north of NYC, my sister wanted to visit a relative in Connecticut and called for directions -- which she understood perfectly until our cousin said, "Then make a left turn at the Wawa." My sister said, "The what?" Our cousin repeated, "The Wawa." That went on a few more minutes until our cousin explained that it was the name of a store! When I moved to New Jersey from NYC a few years later and drove past a Wawa for the first time, I'm glad I was alone, because I started laughing my head off!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 08-07-2018 at 04:41 PM..