Home Register Members FAQ

Unprofessionals Du Tutti Unprofessionals

Other Bands

Old 10-06-2017, 08:50 PM
Something for the Posts

Default Unprofessionals Du Tutti Unprofessionals

Quote:
Lil Wayne Refuses Venue's Security Check, Cancels Concert

Lil Wayne pulled out of his concert at the Colonial Life Arena (CLA) in South Carolina (USA)...after reportedly objecting to the venue's insistence (that) he (go) through security checks.

(He) was scheduled to perform with the likes of 2 Chainz, Cardi B, and Tory Lanez...but...he ''elected not to come into the building through the venue's standard safety procedures'' ...(according to) a statement from (CLA).
He should have turned around and put his "sizzurp," weed, and guns back on the tour bus, then. There were people waiting who had paid plenty for the honor of practically being molested by venue security themselves in order to see him perform -- and equally important, there were potential fans he could win over. How unprofessional can you get???

Quote:
While the venue initially said they would be offering fans their money back, promoters have decided against it. They said...''All of our flyers and promotions has never once mentioned Lil Wayne as the headliner nor mentioned this as a Lil Wayne concert''...(They have) ask(ed) (CLA) to retract the refund offer, and said they are currently negotiating...
Serves CLA right -- that's the PROMOTER'S call to make, NEVER the venue's. Since any "negotiating" should have taken place prior to CLA's public "offer," they can jolly well pay the refunds out their own pockets -- how unprofessional can you get???

Quote:
The promoters went on to claim their preference was to have Cardi B perform as the final act because of her chart-topping single Yellow Bodak, but 2Chainz and Wayne had threatened to cancel if she went on last...
With all due respect to Cardi's success, she's a one-hit rookie, and veterans don't open for rookies. You're supposed to refer to anonymous sources AS "sources" -- the promoter may have to fire someone just to save face, and if the culprit is in the upper ranks, they may make a scapegoat of an innocent party in the lower ranks. And what performer wants to work with a promoter who trashes them in the press anonymously? Unprofessionalism on both ends!

In the absence of Wayne, the promoters had to relent to 2Chainz, and it was he who went on last:

In addition to making the promoters look like liars, 2Chainz got to look like a hero compared to Wayne, do his fans proud, and hopefully persuade fans of Wayne and Cardi to also spend money on his music. THAT'S how professional you can get!!!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 12-16-2023 at 11:29 PM..

Old 09-15-2018, 04:05 PM
Something for the Posts

When it was announced that Danielle "Bhad Bhabie" Bregoli announced was appearing on the September 14 2018 cover of Billboard music industry magazine, it raised quite a few eyebrows. As TMZ originally reported:
Quote:
Bhabie's the youngest female rapper...to chart on the Billboard Hot 100...(H)er single Hi Bich...has amassed 119M views on YouTube alone...(S)he's earned a Billboard nomination for top rap female artist along(side) Nicki Minaj and Cardi B...

But that doesn't outweigh what's on the other side of her scale:
Quote:
Wikpedia: Bregoli and her mother...were interviewed on Dr. Phil for the segment I Want To Give Up My Car-Stealing, Knife-Wielding, Twerking 13-Year-Old Daughter Who Tried To Frame Me For A Crime to discuss Bregoli's behavior, which included stealing a crew member's car while the episode was being filmed...Bregoli...responded...by saying, "Cash me ousside how bout dat"...(T)he catchphrase...spawned...a single...which entered the Billboard Hot 100...(and) a series of dance videos that were uploaded onto YouTube...

Bregoli spent time on a Utah ranch for troubled teens. She was later arrested and pleaded guilty to charges of grand theft, marijuana possession, and filing a false police report, for which she was sentenced to five years' probation in July 2017, but it ended earlier in March 2018...

In early 2017, Bregoli was signed by product placement manager Adam Kluger...“I’m going to find something that’s...so obscure...pull every trick I’ve ever pulled...and make someone into a walking, talking brand to prove my worth."
A marriage made in a mad scientist's laboratory -- and the bride was barely 14. Now it looks like Professor Kluger is going to have to make a trip back to the drawing board (if not the unemployment office):
Quote:
TMZ: We're told Bregoli's "cover" isn't the actual cover at all -- it's a paid advertisement wrap for issues of the magazine that will hit stands Friday. So while it might appear Bregoli is the featured artist, it's actually Lil Wayne...
Not that Kruger didn't try to clean up the mess he'd made:
Quote:
TMZ: Danielle Bregoli is bragging about her paid advertisement wrap on the upcoming issue of Billboard...she bought (it) to tell "these fcking old hip-hop people" she's in the rap game for good...

Congrats on hitting the trifecta, professor -- you've managed to make asses out of your client, one of the most powerful voices in entertainment media, AND "fcking old" Wayne, who was put on the cover due to his finally winning a four-and-a-half-year legal battle to release his next album: Bharbie getting a Billboard award nomination is hardly "more newsworthy."

The least Billboard should have done was schedule the advertising wrap for a week when there would be a non-hiphopper on the cover so it wouldn't look like a bribe. And Kruger had better hope that this won't result in Bharbie losing touring or collaborating opportunities with either Lil Wayne or anyone on his record label!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 09-29-2018 at 04:53 PM..