Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anything Thread

General BJ Discussion

Old 09-16-2020, 11:34 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
I agree. Jon explicitly said that there were some songs post 9/11 that were "too sad to leave the notebook", explicitly mentioning Crying as an example of a track they didn't record because of that.
It's like Jon having said on at least two occasions that they never went into the studio to record Cadillac Man, yet there are still fans claiming that "there might be a studio recording".
Depending on how Jon & Richie wrote during that period (or whoever they co-wrote it with), a demo rehearsal take (like, them recording whatever they come up with on acoustic guitars) might still exist. However, considering that hasn't surfaced by now, I doubt it ever will. This type of recording doesn't sound like something JBJ would want the public to hear.
Old 09-16-2020, 12:03 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Nige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
Depending on how Jon & Richie wrote during that period (or whoever they co-wrote it with), a demo rehearsal take (like, them recording whatever they come up with on acoustic guitars) might still exist. However, considering that hasn't surfaced by now, I doubt it ever will. This type of recording doesn't sound like something JBJ would want the public to hear.
My best guess for Cadillac Man is that there is a version in their vaults recorded at a soundcheck on tour - given that they must have submitted some kind of recording to the movie studio this is the most likely scenario, and also fits with Obie claiming that there is no studio version.
Old 09-17-2020, 02:48 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
My best guess for Cadillac Man is that there is a version in their vaults recorded at a soundcheck on tour - given that they must have submitted some kind of recording to the movie studio this is the most likely scenario, and also fits with Obie claiming that there is no studio version.
I was talking about the Bounce stuff, such as Crying.
Old 09-17-2020, 04:34 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Nige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
I was talking about the Bounce stuff, such as Crying.
Yeah sorry about that - I meant it as a reply to the message you replied to.
Old 09-17-2020, 11:29 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan99 View Post
Hopefully Jon won't shove Do What You Can down our throats in concerts anymore after the pandemic is over...
Well, considering Jon's vocal problems, if he titled the tour "When You Can't Do What You Do, Do What You Can Tour" he would be honest.
Old 09-19-2020, 04:47 AM
Jovi Freak

https://www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_...ritten-2072616
Old 10-16-2020, 09:36 PM
Keep the Faith

A show full of oddities...

Bon Jovi supporting The Rolling Stones:
#35 - 1995/07/01 - Hippodrome de Longchamp, Paris, France

Setlist:
01. Rockin' All Over The World
02. Hey God
03. Livin' On A Prayer
04. You Give Love A Bad Name
05. Keep The Faith
06. With A Little Help From My Friends
07. Lay Your Hands On Me
08. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead w/ Papa Was A Rolling Stone
09. Bad Medicine w/ Shout

- This Ain't A Lovesong was No. 8 in France - for Bon Jovi's "French standards" a hitsingle. Yet Jon opted to play Hey God as the only new track instead.
- for obvious reasons their set was cut short. Still they played two full coversongs instead of own tracks.
- and to top it all: one of those tracks is a Beatles cover, the Stones' biggest rivals from their early days

Old 10-18-2020, 07:15 PM
Jovi Addict

https://www.bonjovi.pl/wp-content/up...66653732_n.jpg

Someone knows something about the label AM records when Jon had left the Island Records for a while and mostly, why he had decided to return to the Island Records?.
Old 10-18-2020, 07:56 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovi98 View Post
Someone knows something about the label AM records when Jon had left the Island Records for a while and mostly, why he had decided to return to the Island Records?.
At the end of the day it's all the same - Universal Music Group.
Jon actually signed with Mercury which folded into Island which later on became the Island Def Jam Music Group. And all of them belong to Universal, just like A&M does.
Why he returned? I guess nobody around here can answer that unless he has some inside information.
My guess would be that he either didn't find a label that met his expectations or that Universal retouched their offer. Probably it was a mix of both.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:31 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
At the end of the day it's all the same - Universal Music Group.
Jon actually signed with Mercury which folded into Island which later on became the Island Def Jam Music Group. And all of them belong to Universal, just like A&M does.
Why he returned? I guess nobody around here can answer that unless he has some inside information.
My guess would be that he either didn't find a label that met his expectations or that Universal retouched their offer. Probably it was a mix of both.
I have to guess it was based around the masters per his lyrics in Burning Bridge but not sure if he got them back. I was under the impression though he did resign it was more of a distribution deal than a full fledged contract like before. Feels like everything is done more-in house now and the label just handles getting it out which explains a LOT.