Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Own Worst Enemy!

General BJ Discussion

Old 12-02-2006, 07:03 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Default Own Worst Enemy!

ok so Bon Jovi do complai about the fact that they get no critical acclaim for there albums! and even if they dont do it publicly the fans do it for them!

i got my hands on a few b-sides yesterday and to be honest they are their own worst enemy!!

songs like save a prayer, alive, reason to believe, Roise these are the songs that people whould love to hear them do but of course they keep them off the albums! seems to be if Richie nails a gutair on a record keep it of it!!

i cant have to much sympthy for them if they keep messing up like this!!! i think its time the band hired someone just to select songs for the next album! i know theres going to be real gems in this album to that they will not put on it!!

Old 12-02-2006, 07:18 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
ok so Bon Jovi do complai about the fact that they get no critical acclaim for there albums! and even if they dont do it publicly the fans do it for them!

i got my hands on a few b-sides yesterday and to be honest they are their own worst enemy!!

songs like save a prayer, alive, reason to believe, Roise these are the songs that people whould love to hear them do but of course they keep them off the albums! seems to be if Richie nails a gutair on a record keep it of it!!

i cant have to much sympthy for them if they keep messing up like this!!! i think its time the band hired someone just to select songs for the next album! i know theres going to be real gems in this album to that they will not put on it!!
See, but not everyone will agree with that. Everyone would have to like the same things to agree. Rosie was never a b-side, Alive wasn't good, etc. To me. Eh I wouldn't be so hard on them b-side wise. A lot of it is psychological. Grass is greener on the other side, etc.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:30 PM
It's my post

I personally hated 'Alive' although, as you said, it would fit perfectly on an album such as 'Crush' - but then I don't particularly like that album as a whole.

If they had released 'Alive' as an album track, I'd have hit the skip button everytime!
Old 12-02-2006, 07:54 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS8MB0R8 View Post
I personally hated 'Alive' although, as you said, it would fit perfectly on an album such as 'Crush' - but then I don't particularly like that album as a whole.

If they had released 'Alive' as an album track, I'd have hit the skip button everytime!
ok i know its up to everyone opinion but i think something like save a prayer which i think was on for ktf would have blew peopl away and would have really stuck it to Nirvana at the time! richie on it is just brillient!!
Old 12-02-2006, 09:23 PM
Jovi FANatic

But since music is an almost completely subjective thing, what you think might have captured radios attention or fans attention for that matter may not at all be what I think. For example I really don't think Unbreakable is all that great or original sounding, I can't think of a song on the HAND album that it should have replaced. Does the band sometimes not hit the nail on the head over what should or shouldn't be a single??? Absolutely, but they will admit it that at the time they thouhgt such and such was going to be a huge hit and it never was. More often than not they have done ok with it, and I don't neccessarily think that their choice of singles is the reason for the lack of critical acclaim, to be honest, I think more often than not it's about journalistic laziness, there are very few albums that yuou can listen to just one time through IMO and make an honest, fair judgement about.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:17 AM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

I completely agree , the band are no good at picking songs... I think at times Richie has more of an idea than Jon on which songs the public will relate to better.

I am sick of saying the following....I WANT THE BAND TO HAVE A JUKE BOX JURY AGAIN.... this way the public pick and we stand a better chance of getting the best songs released .

Dawn

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bon-Jo...41182859285688

JOVITALK LIVING ON A PRAYER VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkHD8FJtJQ4

Dry County 8th June 2010 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB3Yi...eature=related

ALL I NEED IS YOU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-UDWk6e_aE
Old 12-03-2006, 12:22 AM
Just posting

I don't agree, there are only a few B-sides that would fit on the album of that Era.
IMO only Bounce but especcialy Keep the Faith could've been better with b-sides on it. For example faith, replace woman in love, I want you & Blame it on the love ... with Radio saved my life, Fields of fire & why aren't you dead or sympathy and it would've been even a better album as now (IMO)

But in general NO, for example the boxset. If I relate to the era of a song and think of the album that was released, there would only be 6 or 7 songs I would like to been replaced by a boxset.
I already named 3 (well fields of fire not on boxset but whatever)

I do think that they pick the wrong singles to be released - but only since 2000 and everything went down since then....
Old 12-03-2006, 12:54 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
ok i know its up to everyone opinion but i think something like save a prayer which i think was on for ktf would have blew peopl away and would have really stuck it to Nirvana at the time! richie on it is just brillient!!
that's why it was voted out first on this board. get real! unless they hire you to select their songs you will never be satisfied. besides, before I got to hear Bounce the album, I heard all the b-sides(the single for Everyday had a shitload of them) and I thogh - good they didn't make it on the album. then I heard the record and thought the b-sides woul've been better. Still the album woul've sucked.

And regarding critics - tht will NEVER change. If a band is killed by critics it WILL ALWAYS be killed by critics. You gave "Rosie" as an example - well, how is that song different from most songs on New Jersey? Why would it get better acclaim - "Rosie, ROSIE, remember when you danced just for me!" - yeah, the critics woul've loved it.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:39 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
For example faith, replace woman in love, I want you & Blame it on the love ... with Radio saved my life, Fields of fire & why aren't you dead or sympathy and it would've been even a better album as now (IMO)
The flow of the record would've been very strange with that tracklisting. Plus Why Aren't You Dead sounds a lot like Sleep... and was'nt even written for KTF, but TD!
Old 12-03-2006, 02:50 PM
Tokyo Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
The flow of the record would've been very strange with that tracklisting. Plus Why Aren't You Dead sounds a lot like Sleep... and was'nt even written for KTF, but TD!
I don't care what the official thing says, Why Aren't You Dead was written for KTF, it just was

It must have been so difficult to choose a final tracklist for KTF what with all the songs they wrote for it ... makes you wonder who exactly thought it'd be a good idea to put Woman In Love on there

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!