Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Hi wassup?

Introduce Yourself!

Old 06-27-2022, 08:51 PM
Undiscovered Posts

Smile Hi wassup?

Hi! Great forum you have here. Glad to have found it. I'm Finn from Belgium. I'm on various music forums (mostly hip-hop), always posting as Hal Incandenza.

Back in the eighties, in my childhood, I heard the major BJ hits on the radio. The first albums I bought were 'These Days' (a double disc version with 7 live songs, I think it was a European release - it's one with the bluish background cover) and the 'Cross Road' compilation. I still love those albums dearly.

The first in depth interview I ever saw with JBJ happened a few years before those purchases, on MTV in 1990 with Julie Brown.

I kind of lost track of BJ after 'Crush' but am now catching up with the later albums - right now I'm listening to the 'What about now', which I just got in the mail today.

I look forward to reading all of your posts and to schooling myself a bit on BJ.

To each and everyone of you : have a nice day!

Old 06-29-2022, 01:00 PM
Undiscovered Posts

tbh gotta say I'm slightly disappointed with some of the BJ albums that came in the mail over the last few days since I joined.

I purchased 'Crush' again, which was the last album I bought back in the day, and I think it still holds up really well. Songs are very varied. Compared to 'The Circle', 'What About Now' and '2020' which I have been listening to for the first few times, by comparison, are a notch below 'Crush'. Some of those albums overall sound 'samey'. They probably require more listening.

From the post 2000 albums I've also got 'This House Is Not For Sale', 'Have A Nice Day', 'Bounce', 'Burning Bridges' and 'This Left Feels Right' coming in. I'm curious as to how they hold up to the older work.

I'll cop 'Lost Highway' too when the price drops a little.

The albums before 'Crush' (I purchased some of those again too recently) are all still classics.
Old 06-30-2022, 10:32 AM
Undiscovered Posts

'Burning Bridges' album is awesome!

Loving the overall vibe of 'This Left Feels Right' as well.

Last edited by Hal Incandenza; 06-30-2022 at 01:12 PM..