Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Official June 11 Slagmarken , Sønderborg, Denmark Thread

Tour Discussion

Old 06-10-2019, 10:16 PM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi View Post
There's a Live Nation department in Milan and the show didn't take place according to official statement due to logistics. Milan would be a straight sold out. Both Springsteen & Bon Jovi share a huge fan base in Milan, especially Bruce. I was blessed to attend Springsteen's concert in Milan in 2016 and I really can't wait for the next one, hopefully next year, to come!

Also Milan got the largest show in BWC Tour.
Also San Siro is going to held a lot of concerts this summer til mid july, maybe there was no room

Old 06-11-2019, 12:02 AM
Jovi FANatic

I saw Def Leppard yesterday at Rockfest in Finland and they were great. Especially the singer Joe Elliott sounded amazing. Now when both bands are from the same era and at least used to represent the same genre, it will be hard not to compare those two. It will definitely be hard for Jon to take the stage after Def Leppard and Joe. And some Def Leppard fans might be amused.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:47 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIks from Finland View Post
I saw Def Leppard yesterday at Rockfest in Finland and they were great. Especially the singer Joe Elliott sounded amazing. Now when both bands are from the same era and at least used to represent the same genre, it will be hard not to compare those two. It will definitely be hard for Jon to take the stage after Def Leppard and Joe. And some Def Leppard fans might be amused.
Glad you had a good time, I watched some videos and have to admit was a bit disappointed given how highly you praised them, but it's hard to get a proper feel from a screen. At least Joe is still on key these days.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:51 AM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to ticos_stick

I saw Def Leppard and Whitesnake in 2015.

Def Leppard sounded way too polished and synthetic. It felt more like a pop concert. I left for a beer before it ended.

Then Whitesnake came on and melted my face off.

I don't think Jon, even in his terrible state will worry too much about Def Leppard.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:59 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticos_stick View Post

Def Leppard sounded way too polished and synthetic. It felt more like a pop concert. I left for a beer before it ended.

I don't think Jon, even in his terrible state will worry too much about Def Leppard.
You have a very unusual taste in live concerts.

David Coverdale as a live singer is a joke these days. One of all time's greatest rock singers has absolutely no range left, it's all just screaming. But I guess that's enough to trick untrained ears in a live setting. In fact, if I am Jon, that's who I would want to open for me.

Def Leppard, I saw live last year; they are not in their peak either, but they are still very solid, and if you can stomach songs being downtuned (which Bon Jovi do as well) sound pretty close to record, Joe, while not perfect, does a far better job working around them than Jon. 'Synthetic/polished' is what their albums sound too, so not sure why that's the problem.
Old 06-11-2019, 02:09 AM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to ticos_stick

Very unusual? Because it doesn't suit your taste?

Granted, Coverdale's vocals aren't great but the band were amazing and he still had a great presence. It felt like a proper hard rock show.

That's what I'm into though.

Obviously oily chested guitarists and live performances with no edge is your thing.
Old 06-11-2019, 02:12 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Location: In a bar breathing smoke, snorting whiskey drinking coke.

Quote:

Agreed.

A friend took me along to a Def Leppard concert recently and I honestly thought it was hilarious.

I'm sure 50% of their sound is playback. Joe Elliot sounded awful too.

Apart from a few fun 80s tracks they're a joke.
Old 06-11-2019, 02:33 AM
These Days

Quote:
Very unusual? Because it doesn't suit your taste?

Granted, Coverdale's vocals aren't great but the band were amazing and he still had a great presence. It felt like a proper hard rock show.

That's what I'm into though.

Obviously oily chested guitarists and live performances with no edge is your thing.
Unusual as in that's not a popular opinion, because you contrasted two rock bands of the same era - one band you claim to suck live is playing arenas, while the 'amazing' one is doing clubs.

But sure, go ahead fire up those defensive remarks about 'oily chested guitarists', that's some real edgy stuff bruh.

I feel weird defending Def Leppard, because they're far from my favorite band and that show I saw didn't blow me away either, but facts are facts - they have original members (except the one deceased guitarists) and still sound respectable when playing their material live. That's not a long list of peers from that era who can do that and Whitesnake, nor Bon Jovi, do not make that cut in 2019.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:24 AM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
Unusual as in that's not a popular opinion, because you contrasted two rock bands of the same era - one band you claim to suck live is playing arenas, while the 'amazing' one is doing clubs.

But sure, go ahead fire up those defensive remarks about 'oily chested guitarists', that's some real edgy stuff bruh.

I feel weird defending Def Leppard, because they're far from my favorite band and that show I saw didn't blow me away either, but facts are facts - they have original members (except the one deceased guitarists) and still sound respectable when playing their material live. That's not a long list of peers from that era who can do that and Whitesnake, nor Bon Jovi, do not make that cut in 2019.
One band which Jon should be worried to play after is Manic Street Preachers. James Dean has vantastic voice. People will hear difference
Old 06-11-2019, 09:41 AM
Born to be my Baby

No setlist of lst night so far? Only blabla about Def Leppard?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk