Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Jon's shot voice

General BJ Discussion

Old 07-01-2023, 02:56 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
While it's possible that he had a stroke (I mean, sure, why not) - his voice has been declining for decades. Would a stroke really be the most logical explanation at this point?
Jon did an interview somewhere that he said his voice can't be repaired, that someone said on here.

I wish someone could find the interview and post it on Twitter, so fans stop hoping for something which isn't going to happen....Unless a miracle happens ( trust me we all want it to happen)

Old 07-01-2023, 02:59 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovifan85 View Post
Jon did an interview somewhere that he said his voice can't be repaired, that someone said on here.

I wish someone could find the interview and post it on Twitter, so fans stop hoping for something which isn't going to happen....Unless a miracle happens ( trust me we all want it to happen)
Jon and Matt can help the situation by saying what the situation is.

a) His voice is what it is. I think he alluded to this by not doing another SWW. ( At 61 I don't expect even if his voice was in top shape.
b) It will get worse.

Fans then can decide to just buy the Albums, and wait for the farewell Tour, unlike the 2022 America Tour where no communication happened.

Pretending all is well. Even on DOA in 2022 Tour he struggled, then said don't worry about that ( his voice) we should because it's the fans hard money he is taking, and he knows what's going on. Just be honest with us.

Last edited by jovifan85; 07-01-2023 at 03:03 PM..
Old 07-01-2023, 03:45 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.J. Always View Post
Did he try to mask anything on 2020? If so, that was a big fail. The only song I can stand to listen to is Limitless. That being said I don't understand why Limitless was O.K. to me vocally and the rest of the album was not?
The tracks had varying levels of autocorrection and compression. It makes perfect sense Limitless had the most of it since it was the first single and the song (they assumed) the majority of the people will hear the most. Let It Rain feels like the least processed of them.

The album has a fairly stripped back feel and you can tell that's the direction they were going in before Limitless and Do What You Can came along, both are processed out the wazoo in every way.
Old 07-03-2023, 12:36 AM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via AIM to Adam D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
The tracks had varying levels of autocorrection and compression. It makes perfect sense Limitless had the most of it since it was the first single and the song (they assumed) the majority of the people will hear the most. Let It Rain feels like the least processed of them.

The album has a fairly stripped back feel and you can tell that's the direction they were going in before Limitless and Do What You Can came along, both are processed out the wazoo in every way.
Did you mean Limitless and Beautiful Drug?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Slippery When Wet
The Circle
Crush
Have A Nice Day
Lost Highway
What About Now
Bounce
7800 Fahrenheit
Bon Jovi

"Each song played was just another example of how ingenious these guys are at writing choruses that make you feel like there’s a big game tomorrow, that you’re the underdog, and that you’re going to win."
Old 07-03-2023, 04:06 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam D View Post
Did you mean Limitless and Beautiful Drug?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Nah, I have a strange theory about Limitless. I don't think it's ever been said it was added last minute buuuut to me it's so by the numbers and vocally processed a little harder because it's a single. In theme and vibe it just doesn't fit on the album.

BD for sure has that digital rasp too.
Old 08-21-2023, 01:29 PM
Jovi Addict

Send a message via MSN to Jack27

You know what, and this is even more depressing in lots of ways - I was just on YouTube and saw that video of Jon singing Prayer at the wedding with that awful wedding singer...and my first thought was "he doesn't sound as bad as I remember" - but it just shows how far downhill his vocal ability went and so quickly!
Old 09-01-2023, 11:34 AM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack27 View Post
You know what, and this is even more depressing in lots of ways - I was just on YouTube and saw that video of Jon singing Prayer at the wedding with that awful wedding singer...and my first thought was "he doesn't sound as bad as I remember" - but it just shows how far downhill his vocal ability went and so quickly!
I listened to the full bootleg from Dublin 2019 night #2 on Dominik's YT channel the other day, and Jon sounded NOWHERE NEAR as bad as last year. He sounded really rough especially on the mid-range songs (e.g. Born To Follow, Captain Crash), but compared to today it was very decent, sadly...