Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Slippery When Wet Surround Sound

General BJ Discussion

Old 08-26-2017, 02:43 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
It just stands to reason that if the outro to Raise Your Hands is old, the rest of the additions were from the original masters as well. Why tack on additional guitars, sound effects, intros and outros decades later?
That's an obvious answer... If you only have so much limited material to add, it's easy to recreate some extras here and there to make the product more complete...

I'm going to listen to it later. I know there is something that doesn't match up. It stuck out like a soar thumb the few times I listened to it. I'll get back to you

Old 08-26-2017, 04:27 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

But how is the material limited? It was released as remastered, not "The album you love with some fun overdubs". I do get what you're saying and I think it sticks out because we're used to the album we've listened to over and over, the same way Does anybody really fall in love any more's new version was such a shock. The new outro to Prayer alone screams 80's Richie. I don't imagine they decided to record a new outro to Livin on a freakin Prayer.

Lemme know what you find out. I'd be hard pressed to assume the band recorded additional tracks to supplement Slippery. They learned their lesson tampering with the past on TLFR.

Last edited by Captain_jovi; 08-26-2017 at 04:30 PM..