Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Will an Uncut Version of the "Live From London '95" DVD Ever be Released?

General BJ Discussion

Old 10-24-2017, 03:08 PM
Livin' on a Post

A DVD featuring the COMPLETE London 3rd night is something that should have been released a long time ago. I started the topic because I never understood why this has not happened yet. I really can't imagine that they don't have the full tapes or whatever and wanted to know your interpretations on why we have yet to see such a release. Haven't you ever wondered the same thing?

Old 10-24-2017, 03:40 PM
Something for the Posts

Jon always seems to have been more interested in current releases rather than archive releases. Look at how much promotion they put in to the New Jersey anniversary edition. None!

I think Jon feels that releasing things from the past makes the band a nostalgia act, and less relevant now. He always wants to move forward and stay current rather than looking back....
Old 10-24-2017, 05:34 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Nige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
Jon always seems to have been more interested in current releases rather than archive releases. Look at how much promotion they put in to the New Jersey anniversary edition. None!

I think Jon feels that releasing things from the past makes the band a nostalgia act, and less relevant now. He always wants to move forward and stay current rather than looking back....
I think that is exactly the case.

In regards to the 90 minute length - I seem to recall that 90 minutes was the maximum length concert videos could be at the time in order to be eligible for various awards.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:39 PM
Jovi FANatic

that would be a great idea... jon should release some great concerts from the past. especially now that jon has instagram we could decide 2-3 shows we see as holy grails and pursuit them ...hammersmith anyone? any these days stadium or arena show? giants 89? a ktf live show? many many concerts with hammersmith being no1 and no2 for me!!!
Old 10-24-2017, 05:44 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Nige

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos greece View Post
that would be a great idea... jon should release some great concerts from the past. especially now that jon has instagram we could decide 2-3 shows we see as holy grails and pursuit them ...hammersmith anyone? any these days stadium or arena show? giants 89? a ktf live show? many many concerts with hammersmith being no1 and no2 for me!!!
Whilst I would absolutely love to see this happen I really don't believe it will ever happen.