Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Jon's dislike for 7800 Fahrenheit

General BJ Discussion

Old 11-28-2017, 09:25 AM
Livin' on a Post

King of the mountain might be a bit naive, but its a cool interesting hard rock song.

I used to have a lot fun with this and if I was your mother when I was a kid. Hell even my classmates had gotten to know and like much King of the mountain and If I was your mother, even if they werent hits.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:38 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwehehehe View Post
So there's this pic on Twitter that shows 1993 Jon reading 7800 of all things...
I’m pretty sure that was a fan club event where someone asked him to sing something from that album and he said “I don’t remember the words.” He was reviewing lyrics.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:50 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavetheGodofKeys View Post
I think Crush and Bounce are better than 7800 and for me King Of The Mountain is the best song from 7800.
We couldnt be more different.
Im old skool Jovi - nothing after These days is consistent enough.
The first 6 are simply amazing
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 11-29-2017, 10:40 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Agreed. Both Open all Night and You Had Me From Hello both started getting performed semi-regularly long long long after the album came out. It feels like the album just never happened based on nothing from it making the greatest hits. Misunderstood got VERY good airplay here in Canada.
Everyday was pretty much a staple on the HAND tour. At least during the North America arena leg it was.

Misunderstood got good airplay here too, but I don't think Jon has been able to sing the chorus in a very long time. Which is a shame, because I really like that song. I remember seeing video of a show several tours back where a fan had a sign requesting it. He said he didn't remember the words so he had her go on stage and hold a huge binder of their song lyrics for him to read from as he attempted to sing it.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:23 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwehehehe View Post
So there's this pic on Twitter that shows 1993 Jon reading 7800 of all things...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
I’m pretty sure that was a fan club event where someone asked him to sing something from that album and he said “I don’t remember the words.” He was reviewing lyrics.

Tags
7800° fahrenheit