Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

In light of Songs of Experience

General BJ Discussion

Old 12-12-2017, 09:23 AM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonJovi View Post
I’d have to disagree with you on the TD era then. It didn’t stop after TAALS. That album was huge over here and all the singles got heavy rotation on MTV.

I recall a daily MTV Europe show called Dial MTV where viewers would dial in to request their favourite song of the day. All the These Days singles were regularly on top of that chart and, if I’m not wrong, Lie To Me held the record for consecutive days at number 1 or in the chart (can’t remember which). All the singles did well in the UK too with Hey God the lowest at number 13. There was little promotion for it and it was released over a year after the album so that was a decent showing.

There were countless Bon Jovi weekends on MTV through that era all the way into Destination Anywhere and the band also got on TFI Friday, a massive show at the time, when the These Days single was released. They were massive at that point. It wasn’t These Days that took the wind out of their sails in Europe - it was the post 2000 music.
Maybe you're right. I do recall watching the Lie To Me video on MTV, then there was that legendary Taratata performance, and yeah, the good-old MTV BJ weekends, totally forgot about those... And you're right, DA aired on MTV or VH1 too, IIRC... I stand corrected