Tour Discussion

Old 03-17-2018, 09:04 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamATC View Post
He very likely is.
He even moved on IML this time.
Almost all the timr during Sleep.
Didnt watch many songs at all, i was too early on YT for that concert.
He seems to be gaining back more stage presence than 2013 even when Richie was there (Didn't move on Prayer that time from what I've seen).

Even did the jungle noise like Denver.
Let's not get too excited though, let's see if improves or remains at Salt Lake City concert level for a consistent amount of time (5-10 shows).

Old 03-17-2018, 09:12 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavetheGodofKeys View Post
Bon Jovi - Living On A Prayer - Salt Lake City 2018 - YouTube

Guys, I don't think if I'm being too optimistic, but I think Jon is slowly gaining his stage presence back. He moved during Prayer and even sounded decent. And I THINK, that he actually hit the " livin on a preeyaaar" part before the guitar solo properly for once! He even did the "woah-oh-oh" sing-along part with audience!
I agree. His overall voice is probably gone for good, but:

1) he's doing the scream on KTF again
2) he's moving again
3) he seems to be enjoying himself on stage again
4) HE SEEMS TO HAVE HIS PASSION FOR PERFORMING BACK.

So, I don't think these shows are completely shit. Mind you, they're not anywhere close to Bon Jovi at their peak either, but there are still several enjoyable elements about them.

Last edited by BJFan99; 03-17-2018 at 09:14 PM..
Old 03-17-2018, 10:48 PM
WhamATC

I can still listen to Bon Jovi sing live actually, it's not too bad or anything 2018. I almost never listen to the 2015 or 2017 shows (Except South America) though.

I would try to visit a Bon Jovi show if they came to Stockholm nowadays. I bet they will not come though due to the boring crowd (He has complained about this if i remember correctly.)
Old 03-17-2018, 11:11 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamATC View Post
I can still listen to Bon Jovi sing live actually, it's not too bad or anything 2018. I almost never listen to the 2015 or 2017 shows (Except South America) though.

I would try to visit a Bon Jovi show if they came to Stockholm nowadays. I bet they will not come though due to the boring crowd (He has complained about this if i remember correctly.)
I'm not sure about the Stockholm crowd but I think the band needs to come to Sofia again. The first time they came over here Jon had hay fever and couldn't perform at the top of his abilities. The band owe the Bulgarian crowd another concert because I think our crowd was quite good.
Old 03-17-2018, 11:59 PM
Undiscovered Posts

Дай Боже
Old 03-21-2018, 11:53 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Review: Bon Jovi has moments of brilliance amid a sleepy set of duds

https://www.sltrib.com/artsliving/mu...for-sale-tour/
Old 03-21-2018, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator
It's my post

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsambo View Post
Review: Bon Jovi has moments of brilliance amid a sleepy set of duds

https://www.sltrib.com/artsliving/mu...for-sale-tour/
This review shows the disconnect between what Jon wants (and gives) and what the casual audience wants:

But the way they went about it Friday night — with 13 of the 22 songs played coming from the year 2000 or later — had its drawbacks, which were readily apparent every time the crowd chose one of those tracks as an opportune time to sit down for a bit.

The percentage is completely skewed the wrong way. There should definitely be some accounted for by new songs (More THINFS songs in my opinion, its the THINFS tour and you got a copy of the album with your ticket, you should be able to cope with it live) but even if Jon wanted to show the newer songs, he still keeps picking the same ones time and time again.

The Lost Highway songs are overplayed, Amen should have been left on the BWC tour (although at least the crowd stage gives it some relevance) and ILTT should be just forgotten it ever existed.

And for most of these, the casual goers don't care for them anyway - watch the livestreams and see the mobile screenss come on, people flicking through their FB/Twitter, it's the millenials version of a piss break. So give us and them something different, Bon Jovi post 2000 is not without its gems - Loves The Only Rule, Thorn In My Side, Misunderstood, Any Other Day etc...

Please note for those who dislike "negative" views before crying about slating the band, this is CONSTRUCTIVE. It's not dissing the shows or the experience being there - If they had bothered to tour Europe this year, I'd be there in a heartbeat. Whatever the improvements needed, like you I enjoy favourite band performing my favourite songs.

The shows have not sounded too bad (for the current spec voice) but why should we and the band settle for 2nd rate setlists when we know this band can be better. Yes, there's massive vocal limitations on JBJ currently but there's no reason why some of this dead wood that's hung around for at least a decade can't be cleared. Maybe I'm fortunate with the gigs I've seen that are all in Europe and are all without fail better than some of the vanilla they serve up in the states. You deserve better and the band can do better in respect of the setlists. It's why the PBP's these days turn into the same discussions, because there has been next to no changes from show to show, even tour to tour and for a band with such a vast catalogue, its frustrating.
* Shepherds Bush 1998 (Richie) * Wembley Stadium 2000 * Milton Keynes 2001 * Wembley Arena 2002 * Hyde Park 2003 * Ricoh Arena 2006 * St Marys 2006 * Milton Keynes 2006 * O2 Arena 2007 * St Marys 2008 * Manchester 2008 * Ricoh Arena 2008 * Ashton Gate 2008 * Twickenham x2 2008 * O2 Arena x8 2010 * Hard Rock Calling 2011 * Shepherds Bush 2012 (Richie) *Etihad Manchester 2013 * Villa Park 2013 * Hyde Park 2013 *O2 Islington 2014 (Richie) *London Palladium 2016 * O2 Arena 2016 (RSO)

*Twitter * * YouTube*