Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Anyone headed to Vegas for Jon this week?

General BJ Discussion

Old 02-04-2020, 05:46 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvistico View Post
Say what you will but This House is not for Sale is actually a great rock song.
I was talking like an album; but if you talk like a song alone, not in my book... it sounds like Have A Nice Day song but it's very obvious what song is better!!

Old 02-17-2020, 02:17 AM
Breakout

Wow, didn't get a chance to check this page out recently, that certainly took off in conversation.

Matt's Runaway Tours is who charges the amounts for the trips. Jon actually had a private gig in Vegas, so his fee was covered.

There's a lot of expensive tour packages out there. I see a lot of arena VIP's (including Bon Jovi) that are thousands of dollars with no m&g. Especially in Vegas which seems to be the only place that some artists are doing M&G (Janet Jackson was $1500 for m&g not including ticket and she's not doing m&g on her arena tour) and Kelly Clarkson is $1300.

It was expensive yes, but for that price we got an acoustic show for 500 people, which is an entirely different experience from an arena or stadium with 15 - 50'000 people. He did play some of Laying Down the Flag as an audible. He stopped partway through, because he was getting to emotional and said "I'm sorry, I'm not ready yet." Something like that is an experience that you aren't going to get at a typical show. That, along with meeting him, was what I wanted and got from the experience.

We also got the photo op, a signed photo, a party with an open bar at Omnia (Not a cheap place to book or cheap drinks) and tickets to Absinthe. So we did get a fair amount for our ticket, especially compared to other packages.

Jon was on stage for 90 minutes. Yes only 10 songs but the q&a took a lot of time. I would agree that my only criticism was that it was too short. They had to clear the tent to set up for Absinthe that night. I did give that feedback to Matt.

I met a lot of people that have done a number of these tours. I saw people embracing staff and attendees like old friends. There were people from 18 countries there. It was commented that Jon's mom Carol always wanted there to be a community and among the "Runaways" that definitely seems to exist.

So for me, I got value for the once in a lifetime experience of seeing Jon in an intimate setting, asking him a question, and meeting him. I'd do it again under similar circumstances - a city I want to visit, and an exclusive performance as opposed to it just being tacked on as a m&g to a arena show. I met some awesome people and had a great time. That's all I can ask for.
Old 02-17-2020, 03:44 AM
Jovi Freak

JBJ just needs to add some different song to the acoustic setlist.
Old 02-17-2020, 07:03 AM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

In regards to slamjay, nobody is denying that it's a great experience. I'm sure it is and I'm sure that we don't see half of what goes on. What you said in your post summed it up for me, though. Only 10 songs (apart from Lower The Flag & I'll Drive You Home, I have no interest in the others) but the rest was Q&A. Usually I'd love that but this isn't a Q&A with Jon. It's the same old shit with women laughing at every sentence Jon says in the hope he acknowledges them. I've said previously that I was watching the Q&A and I was getting annoyed by the constant giggling and then Jon answered a question and said 'Yeah, I've been watching Netflix lately and...' and before he finished his sentence, the place erupted with laughter. What the **** is funny about that?

Anyway, it's great you have a good time. I enjoy reading the reviews. It's just not for me, not with Jon Bon Jovi being the way he is anyway.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...