Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Favourite and least favourite production of a Bon Jovi album

General BJ Discussion

Old 07-03-2021, 12:14 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
The general use of horns and the sitar (or whatever it is) on Something for the Pain sound 90s as ****. And not in a good way TBH, it sounds a bit bloated at times.
That's an interesting thought. Hmm to me the horns is what makes it LESS timeless but only because it's very motown-y/70's soul-rock to me.

Agreed that Something For the Pain is the one that aged the worst.

Old 07-04-2021, 04:48 PM
Jovi Addict

Best: These Days! Honorable mention to 2020 (singles aside), which was a great surprise when you compare to the others post-2005 records.

Worst: WAN, and don't get me wrong, I like the record... even so it's so terribly mixed that I can't stand some tracks like "Army Of One" or "That's What The Water Made Me", I just skip these. THINFS is on the same path (overproduced and generic in most parts) but I still hear and enjoy the tracks.
Old 07-04-2021, 05:00 PM
Posting everyday

I agree about the WAN production being the worst, 2020 was a step into a better direction (though they kind of fell back into the old pattern on stuff like Limitless). The continuation of this "wall of sound" has actually made me dislike HAND much more than back in the day. Some tracks were really too much at the time. Well, luckily we have the multitracks so one can remix it to the own liking.

The worst-ever sounding track, for me, is I'm With You. Such a terrible robotic production that completely missed the song's vibe.
Old 07-04-2021, 10:12 PM
Livin' on a Post

I really like the production on Bounce. Last time they sounded like an organic rock and roll band.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

@JayChapperz
Old 07-05-2021, 03:28 PM
Price of posting

My favorite is probably the Box Set 2004, although there are a lot of different sounds, the mixing and production from songs of the 90s here, are my favorite. It's not as polished as an album, but it also doesn't sound as rough as a demo. It just sounds exquisite for me.

Least favorite albums? WAN and THINFS. The mix & production sound is disappointing in both cases.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 07-05-2021 at 03:32 PM..