Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Should Bon Jovi Tour again in 2022? After April?

Tour Discussion

Old 04-06-2022, 11:18 AM
Livin' on a Post

Default Should Bon Jovi Tour again in 2022? After April?

Having seen footage of Bon Jovi's April 2022 Tour, I feel JBJ shouldn't Tour for the rest of 2022, and perhaps make an Album? For Release for late 2022/2023?

Old 04-06-2022, 11:38 AM
Next 100 Posts

According to Jon and his Jovi puppet Jerry apparently there are no plans to embark on any international tour of any capacity. Basically it's the current 15 shows then nothing for the rest of the year.

I kinda feel like the 15 shows right now are just to test waters for another tour maybe next year.

Last edited by musiccritic101; 04-06-2022 at 11:44 AM..
Old 04-06-2022, 11:40 AM
Undiscovered Posts

Definitely there won't be more shows for this year. No matter in what condition Jon voice is in.

I think there also won't be enough time for them to record a new album, because the big "40th Anniversary Tour" will probably start from February-March in Australia, so the promo campaign should start around the end of this summer or the beginning of the fall.

Right now from marketing perspective I believe the best thing for the band is to not put another record in the next 2-3 years. If it's true that they will put out a new boxset for the upcoming tour that will be something to look forward to, but for a new album, if they want to gain some success they will have to take a couple years break of doing it.
Old 04-06-2022, 11:57 AM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasovasilev9 View Post
Definitely there won't be more shows for this year. No matter in what condition Jon voice is in.

I think there also won't be enough time for them to record a new album, because the big "40th Anniversary Tour" will probably start from February-March in Australia, so the promo campaign should start around the end of this summer or the beginning of the fall.

Right now from marketing perspective I believe the best thing for the band is to not put another record in the next 2-3 years. If it's true that they will put out a new boxset for the upcoming tour that will be something to look forward to, but for a new album, if they want to gain some success they will have to take a couple years break of doing it.
Personally, I couldn't wait 2 years for another album. But I feel if another Album doesn't come to 2024, then it will probably be the last, unless Bon Jovi, just release Albums until the Farewell Tour, hopefully with Richie Sambora, and Alec Such.....
Old 04-06-2022, 12:48 PM
Undiscovered Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovifan85 View Post
Personally, I couldn't wait 2 years for another album. But I feel if another Album doesn't come to 2024, then it will probably be the last, unless Bon Jovi, just release Albums until the Farewell Tour, hopefully with Richie Sambora, and Alec Such.....
I'm so into about getting a new album from them, don't get me wrong. For me personally this is the main reason why I love them these days. I'm pretty tired of all the "big hits" so to get something new or unreleased is what makes me excited the most. But in the nowadays circumstances, the best thing for the band is just to hold a little bit, because they're loosing the excitement from most of their fans.

I don't see Bon Jovi's end any time soon, maybe after 10-15 years. They will surely slow down a bit and we won't see that much touring and new albums, but that's okay.

About the "Farewell Tour" I can't truly see Richie, Alec and even Hugh, David and Tico to be there. I think the last tour of the band brand is going to be just with Jon... And it's a kind of a beautiful thing. The man who started everything alone, to end it that way.
Old 04-06-2022, 05:41 PM
Keep the Faith

A singer who can't sing shouldn't go on tour ever again.
Charging money for that kind of performance is close to scam to me.
Old 04-06-2022, 05:46 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

I couldn't care less about new music from them. The last couple of albums are totally forgettable, haven't listened to any new material for ages and not really looking forward to it. Watching Jon's face, all distorted in painful grimaces, is enough for me. His painful tone, weird tone, and absolutely weird arrangement of songs (now almost impossible to decipher) is like a warning in itself. The guy's loaded, the catalogue is huge. What motivates the guy these days? Is it his huge ego, that's bigger than the Sahara desert he wanted to sell twice?
Don't expect me to feel sorry for him. He's not doing it for free, may it be the money or his ego. Screw that, those who pay for that sh*t have the right to complain. And get the refund, 100% of what they've paid.
Old 04-06-2022, 06:02 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveline View Post
I couldn't care less about new music from them. The last couple of albums are totally forgettable, haven't listened to any new material for ages and not really looking forward to it. Watching Jon's face, all distorted in painful grimaces, is enough for me. His painful tone, weird tone, and absolutely weird arrangement of songs (now almost impossible to decipher) is like a warning in itself. The guy's loaded, the catalogue is huge. What motivates the guy these days? Is it his huge ego, that's bigger than the Sahara desert he wanted to sell twice?
Don't expect me to feel sorry for him. He's not doing it for free, may it be the money or his ego. Screw that, those who pay for that sh*t have the right to complain. And get the refund, 100% of what they've paid.
While the people that pay for the shit are surely complaining, the ones who aren't seem to have the biggest problem with it.
Old 04-06-2022, 06:12 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
A singer who can't sing shouldn't go on tour ever again.
Charging money for that kind of performance is close to scam to me.
Yup it is. And destroying the legacy.
Old 04-06-2022, 06:16 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thierry View Post
Yup it is. And destroying the legacy.
What legacy? It all belongs to JBJ and he's the one who decides what to do with that. With the little that's left of it, that is.