Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Anything Thread

General BJ Discussion

Old 12-07-2018, 11:21 PM
Born to be my Baby

Yeah, probably it was written during the HAND sessions....
Old 12-09-2018, 10:30 PM
Posting everyday

Last night, Bounce played the last of their three shows with an Orchestra in the Grugahalle in Essen - 25 years after Bon Jovi took the stage there. Was a great experience and for a band who does this after they've finished their dayjobs to rearrange a whole set for a 60 piece orchestra, it was a tremendous achievement.
Even though not everything was perfect (pacing of the setlist too slow in the beginning, sound not as loud as I would've loved and Olli's voice cracking in the outro of Always), they pulled some surprises and really fresh arrangements out of the head.

Fear (never played before!)

It's My Life (with choir added)

Wild Is The Wind

Runaway (Olli had regained his voice for the high screams in the end!)

Born To Be My Baby (was breathtaking live!)

Never Say Goodbye (again the high notes in the end just like on the album!)
Old 12-10-2018, 10:16 AM
Jovi Freak

https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/non-b...-topic-t70469/

Are you seriously, Bounce7800?
>_< jajajaj I mean, Rdkopper is my friend, but not like this!!!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrLE1IMh9DF/
Old 12-10-2018, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator
It's my post

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru View Post
https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/non-b...-topic-t70469/

Are you seriously, Bounce7800?
>_< jajajaj I mean, Rdkopper is my friend, but not like this!!!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrLE1IMh9DF/
I am serious, please read the sticky and everything is wonderful.
* Shepherds Bush 1998 (Richie) * Wembley Stadium 2000 * Milton Keynes 2001 * Wembley Arena 2002 * Hyde Park 2003 * Ricoh Arena 2006 * St Marys 2006 * Milton Keynes 2006 * O2 Arena 2007 * St Marys 2008 * Manchester 2008 * Ricoh Arena 2008 * Ashton Gate 2008 * Twickenham x2 2008 * O2 Arena x8 2010 * Hard Rock Calling 2011 * Shepherds Bush 2012 (Richie) *Etihad Manchester 2013 * Villa Park 2013 * Hyde Park 2013 *O2 Islington 2014 (Richie) *London Palladium 2016 * O2 Arena 2016 (RSO)

*Twitter * * YouTube*
Old 12-10-2018, 07:38 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Even though not everything was perfect (pacing of the setlist too slow in the beginning, sound not as loud as I would've loved and Olli's voice cracking in the outro of Always), they pulled some surprises and really fresh arrangements out of the head.
Seeing a setlist from Bounce on top of the changed arrangements and knowing the singer can actually sing that stuff and enjoys it too makes me realize that they've got everything right what's currently wrong with Bon Jovi. Their act is just so good. It's as if you're listening to a 1995 Jon Bon Jovi but slightly better.

I'd go even further by saying that if you can't enjoy this but do enjoy Bon Jovi you're just not into Bon Jovi for the music anymore. It's such a shame they're doing this in Germany only even though I can understand the logistics being a nightmare would they take this show on the road. I'd pay good money for a show like this would they tour Europe yet I think whatever they charge is too much for what Bon Jovi comes up with nowadays.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 12-10-2018, 08:15 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

Seeing a setlist from Bounce on top of the changed arrangements and knowing the singer can actually sing that stuff and enjoys it too makes me realize that they've got everything right what's currently wrong with Bon Jovi. Their act is just so good. It's as if you're listening to a 1995 Jon Bon Jovi but slightly better.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
This is the problem I have with all your posts. You had me until this part. "It's as if you're listening to a 1995 Jon Bon Jovi but slightly better."

This post is a perfect example as to why you always lose all credibility. You'll go to all extremes to discredit this band in every which way you can.

Bounce is very good. I'll give them credit. He can sing and has great range. The tone of his voice is just okay. He sounds like Sebastian Bach with an accent doing Bon Jovi covers. There is no way in hell he can deliver a song the way Jon did in his prime. This is what I'd expect to hear on the voice or X-Factor.

To say he slightly sounds better than Jon in '95 makes you either tone def or insane.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:08 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

I listen to this I dont like it,I think BJ music is not for orchestration or choirs. When they do classic covers of BJ songs it is good,guy is good singer and they play very good.But they cant hold a candle to BJ today even with Jons weak voice,Jon in 1995 is the best singer of the world,he was God at that time.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:12 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Oh, great. Another reply from you saying "YOU ARE WRONG BECAUSE I AM RIGHT".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
To say he slightly sounds better than Jon in '95 makes you either tone def or insane.
The singer of Bounce can deliver any song in the Bon Jovi catalog in the right key. He does ad libs in a higher key than Jon, barely dodges any high notes and doesn't struggle with anything. He sings the Bon Jovi stuff like it was sung in the studio and articulates every word the way it's supposed to be done.

Now compare this to Jon. To a lot on this board Jon's vocals were flawless in 1995 yet Jon couldn't sing the ending of Runaway anymore, couldn't sing the key change to Livin' On A Prayer anymore, couldn't sing In These Arms anymore, struggled with the chorusses of These Days, has never sung Hey God the way it's supposed to be sung, has never been able to do Something For The Pain justice... There's loads more he couldn't do in 1995.

Now just because I said Olli's better doesn't mean I suddenly think Jon was a shit singer in 1995. For whatever reason people on here think 1995 Jon Bon Jovi was in his prime and yet I disagree. Jon sounds as good as he does in 1995 because he knows exactly how to dance around the more difficult stuff. It all sounds great until you compare it to the studio recordings. You'll then realize it's a bit different. We're also used to the way Jon sings certain songs. We sing and hum along to the alternate melodies as if they're supposed to be that way. Yet they are that way just so Jon's voice could handle it. The difference to today is that 1995 Jon was still great to listen to.

I was skeptical of this cover band until I heard Olli sing Always a few years ago and he gets closer to a studio recording of Jon Bon Jovi than Jon ever has. It doesn't make Jon a terrible singer, I just think it makes Olli a better singer. If all of this means losing credibility for you then so be it. I think I've explained myself rather well as opposed to your "I think he sounds great so you must be tone deaf".

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 12-10-2018, 10:33 PM
The Distance

This post right here is the exact problem with today's music and how these singing competitions destroyed the entire music industry... Just because Oli can hit a note or two better than Jon in 1995 doesn't make him a better singer by any means.

Back in 1995 Jon had better control, zero breathing issues even when running around the stage, his musical phrasing was spot on, his tone is his signature obviously, but most of all the guy could deliver a song with passion like no other...

Oli's tone is whiny, his accent is thick and his voice isn't nearly as perfect as you're making it seem. He does weird things with his voice to get to certain places which at times, doesn't sound natural..

He's just okay... I'd take a Sydney 1987 Jon voice any day over a 2018 Oli one. And not because it's Jon... It's because of everything I mentioned above...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited by Rdkopper; 12-11-2018 at 02:45 AM..
Old 12-10-2018, 11:16 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokenrola View Post
I listen to this I dont like it,I think BJ music is not for orchestration or choirs. When they do classic covers of BJ songs it is good,guy is good singer and they play very good.But they cant hold a candle to BJ today even with Jons weak voice,Jon in 1995 is the best singer of the world,he was God at that time.
This is exactly right.