Real Life?

General BJ Discussion

Old 07-10-2018, 05:55 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru View Post
Hmmmm... 30-21-2=7???
12 tracks from the original release...

10 demos including Diamond Ring but excluding House Of Fire (if we are being specific to writing).

Assuming Jon and Richie wrote 30 songs... There are 8 unaccounted / missing songs...

There are 3 that we can most likely count towards NJ...

- In America
- Rosie
- We All Sleep Alone

There are still 5 never heard before titles...

Note: Cadillac Man, Peace In Our Time, and So Close were not written for NJ!!!

Conspiracy Theory: 18 and Life, I Remember You, or Youth Gone Wild could be one of the 5.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Old 07-10-2018, 07:54 PM
Born to be my Baby

I had a blast reading these last 5 or 6 pages.

I have to agree that Miss 4th of July definitely sounds like Jon from 94. His tone is very similar to how he sounded on songs like SDIBSN and basically the whole TD album.

Also Outlaws of Love to me sounds like it's been recorded for KTF. Jon's voice has that very sharp kind of voice like he had during that period. I know he used rasp on NJ and SWW but on KTF his voice was the raspiest it has ever been his entire career, imo at least.

I forgot for a few months what beasts these guys were in the 80s and 90s. I really wish we would get more unreleased material even if we had to pay a subscription to get them.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:38 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Again, not following the logic

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk
No one is following her logic. It's impossible and I've stopped trying a long time ago.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:40 PM
Posting everyday

Outlaws of Love actually sounds more like '92-Jon to me, but the lyrics are much closer to the outtakes from New Jersey. So the original might've been from 1988, as it was the case with Diamond Ring and they re-visited the song for the KTF era.

On the other hand, Jon said that he didn't remember the song at all, so it's quite a stretch to assume that they might've worked on it for two albums. Maybe it got kicked because it was too close to the 80's songwriting, much like Why Aren't You Dead.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:43 PM
This Post Feels Right

He also initially thought Why Aren't You Dead was for Crush so his memory for what was recorded when and where gives me the shivers.
Old 07-11-2018, 04:25 AM
Undiscovered Posts

Hey ya’ll sorry for creating this mess. As I said was looking into my old pc files
If I can’t have your love was on the 88-92 folder, my bad. After while I realized
That the song in fact was listed on an old cassette tape that I get back on 1994 from the old times trading... so it was my mistake.
So, on the same tape it was aslo listed outlaws of love (terrible quality) with a different guitar arrangement.

Let’s be honest, most of the box set songs got fixed on 2004 and I agree that If I can’t have your love it was maybe recorded again on 2004, I just compared Richie’s voic with Willin to try which was recorded on 2008 and the vocal octaves are the same because that 91 version is on a different octave...

Now, those 7 tracks that are Actually
Rosie
Love is War
Living in Sin
In America
Love for Sale (complete)
Hell is Living without You (recorded for Alice Cooper)
Trash (Recorded for Alice Cooper)

I ain’t saying that this was the real set of missing tracks, but this information appeard on Island Records news on 2014, also it was Alice Cooper who said that he recorded a couple of songs with Bon Jovi. The reason why the songs got out is still unknown.

BTW: I have an old VHS tape with the Redbank concert from 1991, what the hell is bed of roses doing there? If the band was divided at that time

Last edited by theholycowboy1970; 07-11-2018 at 04:32 AM..
Old 07-11-2018, 05:00 AM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycowboy1970 View Post
Hey ya’ll sorry for creating this mess. As I said was looking into my old pc files
If I can’t have your love was on the 88-92 folder, my bad. After while I realized
That the song in fact was listed on an old cassette tape that I get back on 1994 from the old times trading... so it was my mistake.
So, on the same tape it was aslo listed outlaws of love (terrible quality) with a different guitar arrangement.

Let’s be honest, most of the box set songs got fixed on 2004 and I agree that If I can’t have your love it was maybe recorded again on 2004, I just compared Richie’s voic with Willin to try which was recorded on 2008 and the vocal octaves are the same because that 91 version is on a different octave...

Now, those 7 tracks that are Actually
Rosie
Love is War
Living in Sin
In America
Love for Sale (complete)
Hell is Living without You (recorded for Alice Cooper)
Trash (Recorded for Alice Cooper)

I ain’t saying that this was the real set of missing tracks, but this information appeard on Island Records news on 2014, also it was Alice Cooper who said that he recorded a couple of songs with Bon Jovi. The reason why the songs got out is still unknown.

BTW: I have an old VHS tape with the Redbank concert from 1991, what the hell is bed of roses doing there? If the band was divided at that time
Iiiiiinteresting that Outlaws of Love existed in trading circles pre-2004. That was one of the songs I thought no one had heard of. Are you able to post it online or anything about it?

By the 1991 Redbank x-mas show the band was back together and recording KTF. Pretty sure they started recording the album in late '91-ish?
Old 07-11-2018, 05:39 AM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Older taking the relationship angle instead of the band angle is just so different.

"She got married and don't live too far from here
Sometimes I wish that I told her..."

That block of lyrics always floored me.
Explains a lot really - Billy Falcon has always described it as a song he wrote for Bon Jovi, but the 'shoulder to shoulder' bit made me always assume it was written about Jon and Richie which didn't seem to fit, now of course it makes more sense that Jon took it and changed it.

Milton Keynes 1 (HAND), Manchester & Bristol (LH), Dublin 2 (2011), Dublin 2 (THINFS)
Old 07-11-2018, 09:49 AM
Jovi FANatic

Jon played Older in his solo 98 tour, it was supposed to be in his solo album, with Life's Too Short, Hush and other songs he played back then. After the band got together again, I think they reworked it.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:01 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
No one is following her logic. It's impossible and I've stopped trying a long time ago.
I can't help it if I was born with the... hahah!

(one more of my "crazy" posts for your collection)

Tags
real life (song)