Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Should Bon Jovi Tour again in 2022? After April? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70895)

bonjovi90 04-07-2022 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1278681)
They didn't celebrate 10 years.
They didn't celebrate 20 years. (Yes, the Box Set coincided with that date. But the focus lay on the 100 million album milestone. And 1 one-off show isn't a celebration)
They didn't celebrate 30 years.

What makes you think they would celebrate 40 years?

Regarding Jon's vocals:
The later part of the Because We Can tour wasn't good anymore.
The short 2015 tour was bad.
The This House Is Not For Sale tour was worse.
The 2022 tour is a desaster.

What makes you think will happen that makes Jon able to go out with a bang?

Some of you here write that this tour makes Jon finally realize that it's better to give up touring because his vocals can't keep up anymore, his vocals can't even keep up for 15 dates.
What makes you think that same Jon has the idea to do another world tour to wave goodbye to the fans?

Sorry guys, this is daydreaming what you're doing.
When the band = Jon calls it quits, the public won't get to know. Because he just won't do it anymore. In best case he announces a break. And that break will get longer and longer and longer...

Simple answer: fanboy/girl dreams are easier to get lost into than looking the current status quo in the eye.

I'm actually kind of nervous about the back-to-back shows coming up since it'll be the first time without a break inbetween and that usually was able to affect him even in his decent times. Let's see how Saturday turns out then, I hope they don't cut three or four song out of the set all of a sudden.

Captain_jovi 04-07-2022 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1278681)
They didn't celebrate 10 years.
They didn't celebrate 20 years. (Yes, the Box Set coincided with that date. But the focus lay on the 100 million album milestone. And 1 one-off show isn't a celebration)
They didn't celebrate 30 years.

What makes you think they would celebrate 40 years?

Regarding Jon's vocals:
The later part of the Because We Can tour wasn't good anymore.
The short 2015 tour was bad.
The This House Is Not For Sale tour was worse.
The 2022 tour is a desaster.

What makes you think will happen that makes Jon able to go out with a bang?

Some of you here write that this tour makes Jon finally realize that it's better to give up touring because his vocals can't keep up anymore, his vocals can't even keep up for 15 dates.
What makes you think that same Jon has the idea to do another world tour to wave goodbye to the fans?

Sorry guys, this is daydreaming what you're doing.
When the band = Jon calls it quits, the public won't get to know. Because he just won't do it anymore. In best case he announces a break. And that break will get longer and longer and longer...

They didn't celebrate 10 and 20 because they still had successful albums to stand behind. They didn't celebrate 30 years because their lead guitar player split.
They will celebrate 40 (if they're still around) because they are a nostalgia act that on some deep down internal level understand people aren't going because they have a new album. I legit don't think they'll be around long enough for another album tour cycle so they'll put something out for the 40th (if they're still around) and call it a day.

I'm with you that I don't think 2 years from now is realistic BUT it makes all the sense in the world for them to signify 40 years even if they didn't do 10/20/30.

Faceman 04-07-2022 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1278683)
They didn't celebrate 10 and 20 because they still had successful albums to stand behind.

That would have made for an awesome big-bang-kind-of-celebration

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1278683)
They didn't celebrate 30 years because their lead guitar player split.

He's still MIA.
The people who cared about his departure back then, still care today.
The people who didn't give a fcuk about his departure back then, don't give a fcuk now either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1278683)
They will celebrate 40 (if they're still around) because they are a nostalgia act that on some deep down internal level understand people aren't going because they have a new album.

There's once again that hopeless romantic inside of you ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1278683)
I legit don't think they'll be around long enough for another album tour cycle

I can't argue against that one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1278683)
so they'll put something out for the 40th (if they're still around) and call it a day.

I'm with you that they probably use another Box Set for celebration. But I don't see another tour happening, much less with an announcement of being a farewell tour.

Captain_jovi 04-07-2022 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1278685)

He's still MIA.
The people who cared about his departure back then, still care today.
The people who didn't give a fcuk about his departure back then, don't give a fcuk now either.

That wasn't really my point, sorry. I mean they couldn't celebrate 30 years and a new album without shining a HUGE light on the fact that the guitarist is missing with no idea of when or if he's coming back (at that point).

Now with him officially gone for a long time now, it's pretty clear he ain't coming back.

blazeofglory 04-07-2022 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1278681)
They didn't celebrate 10 years.
They didn't celebrate 20 years. (Yes, the Box Set coincided with that date. But the focus lay on the 100 million album milestone. And 1 one-off show isn't a celebration)
They didn't celebrate 30 years.

What makes you think they would celebrate 40 years?

Regarding Jon's vocals:
The later part of the Because We Can tour wasn't good anymore.
The short 2015 tour was bad.
The This House Is Not For Sale tour was worse.
The 2022 tour is a desaster.

What makes you think will happen that makes Jon able to go out with a bang?

Some of you here write that this tour makes Jon finally realize that it's better to give up touring because his vocals can't keep up anymore, his vocals can't even keep up for 15 dates.
What makes you think that same Jon has the idea to do another world tour to wave goodbye to the fans?

Sorry guys, this is daydreaming what you're doing.
When the band = Jon calls it quits, the public won't get to know. Because he just won't do it anymore. In best case he announces a break. And that break will get longer and longer and longer...

By going out with a bang I mean doing something big (like a big farewell tour) to end his (touring) career rather than just disappearing from the stage silently after playing a few random US shows here and there. Based on the kind of person Jon seems to be to me I just cannot imagine him being the type to just let his career fizzle out. He strikes me as someone who will want a clear-cut ending and closure instead of some undefined in-between state that's neither here nor there.

(And chances are he'll want the band's last big official show to be on their home turf, which they're completely forgoing on this current tour.)

The 40th anniversary would be a good way to get extra publicity and make this hypothetical farewell tour an even bigger deal. A band anniversary is one thing if you're still right in the middle of your career and you don't see yourself stopping or slowing down much any time soon (or your band is currently dealing with internal issues where a big anniversary celebration wouldn't really seem right), but it's a different thing when you're nearing the end of your career and you know it will most likely be the last big anniversary you'll have as an active touring act. You might as well make the most of it and milk it to the last drop before you retire.

JerseyGiant 04-07-2022 10:35 PM

Should they? Nah - Will they? Prop - As a big fan, I cant watch these vids, it genuinely makes me a little sad ... "I actually cant listen to Bon Jovi" that just sums it up �� ... Kudos to the poster up a bit who attended a show and had a good time tho! Never take that back if you enjoyed it ��

Rdkopper 04-08-2022 12:58 AM

I'm going to play devil's advocate here.

For starters, fans shouldn't stop themselves from going to a show because of Jon's vocals and more importantly, stop themselves from having a good time. It's still a night out. There is a before, during, and after that goes with the night.

Not all songs are equally as bad. Most fans are commenting on the rare tracks like Older, LTOR, ITA, etc. making it appear that the entire show is equally disastrous but there are some crowd pleasers that Jon still pulls off like It's My Life.

Bon Jovi is still a monster band up there that amplifies their sound like thunder and Jon is a legendary artist in front of them. Considering the fact that the end could happen at any moment, I'll probably attend more shows now than ever before.

Like I said, there is a "before". Walking into an arena with a bunch of fans, having a good time, checking out the merchandise, fans wearing the bon jovi gear, partying, listening to the Bon Jovi catelog, etc... It's a feeling that I can't explain but I've been doing it for literally 30 years and don't even know life without it. I have no regrets and didn't have a bad time in 2017 / 2018 and will have no regrets now in 2022.

The other thing I struggle with is bashing this Jerry character. I've watched a few of his YouTube Casts and he doesn't seem like a bad guy.

There are different levels of fandom. He falls into that backstage catagory but that's okay. He's not just about the music but more about the overall lifestyle within. He drops a lot of money on collectibles but he's also connecting with a ton a fans and making great friends. I don't think he's doing anything wrong. I know it's a little over the top and not for everyone but if that's his thing, then who cares. At the end of the day, we're all fans with the same interest.

Elvis had his best years, in the 50s 60s and even early 70s... but if someone offered me a time machine to go see Elvis in 1977, his worst year (before he passed), I'd be the first one on line... So Kudos for Jerry who is a late fan however is enjoying the time now. When he's 50, he'll be telling his 20 year old kids all about his Bon Jovi experiences. I think it's cool.





Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

liljovi93 04-08-2022 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1278696)

The other thing I struggle with is bashing this Jerry character. I've watched a few of his YouTube Casts and he doesn't seem like a bad guy.

There are different levels of fandom. He falls into that backstage catagory but that's okay. He's not just about the music but more about the overall lifestyle within. He drops a lot of money on collectibles but he's also connecting with a ton a fans and making great friends. I don't think he's doing anything wrong. I know it's a little over the top and not for everyone but if that's his thing, then who cares. At the end of the day, we're all fans with the same interest.






Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

The fella made fake accounts on Instagram and Twitter and started putting 'pedophile' comments to TV companies I worked with and parents who got their children to do the free online workouts I done during lockdown when they had no physical education.

He then made various YouTube accounts and was joining my live streams doing the same and disliking the videos as many times as he could.

He then seen his arse when I done some tracking and got police involved. After I blocked him on everything, he then tried messaging through Skype which we done a podcast on doing the whole 'I am sorry for how we have been' - he done all of that because I said I didn't like a certain live performance. That was it.

I've got every bit of proof I need to know it was him. IP addresses, location of views, location of hits on my website, location of comments, the lot.

He could have ruined my business I've worked extremely hard for over the last 8/9 years. I worked as a PE teacher for 5 years too. That could have been ruined.

The fella is a disgusting human who I'm praying does a UK show when the band come around next.


Sorry to go off on one everyone but I'm sick of people saying how nice he seems. It's a front. There's a reason he has a restraining order from a backstreet boys member and there's a reason he blocks people who said bad stuff about the band. Simple.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

steel_horse75 04-08-2022 08:45 AM

Thing is with this Jerry is that I’m pretty sure every band has their media cheerleaders and I get that.
I’ve seen a few for GNR, Crue, Foos etc and a few newer bands but imo there’s a certain way you should conduct yourself on social media.
You are always going to get idiots so just block them but he will block fans with such venom and hatred because you don’t like something the band put out or have said a live performance is poor. That’s not right. Especially if you are representing the band and have contacts within the bands organisation. It doesn’t look good for the band.
Of course whoever is giving him signed guitars, front row tickets, signed albums to give away, getting all his questions answered etc etc is pretty blatant about it and people are starting to notice.

I always thought the guy was a little odd and when 2020 came out he asked for views and I replied something like "I’ve listened and it’s not for me. I didn’t think they could make a worse album than THINFS but they have" and instantly I was blocked with a ton of abuse.

What he has done in the above post is truly awful and something that couldve ruined someones life and all over song/album/performance you say isnt working for you.

Does Jon really want that type of person associated with the band?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eveline 04-08-2022 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1278698)
Sorry to go off on one everyone but I'm sick of people saying how nice he seems. It's a front. There's a reason he has a restraining order from a backstreet boys member and there's a reason he blocks people who said bad stuff about the band. Simple.

I don't want to add fuel to the fire but I need to say it out loud. You made a lot of fun of him back in the day, laughing at his questions to Phil, etc. Your following is probably as big as his, he probably felt humiliated, especially when the guy is so insecure, yet his ego is bigger than the Sun. I took your side, you even wanted to make a podcast with me. Later on, when I openly commented on Jon's interviews, in which he bashed Richie, I was banned from JoviTalk as well. Speaking of blocking people. You're not an innocent victim, Jay. Obviously the guy seems unhinged and revengeful, but I gotta say things are never black and white.

liljovi93 04-08-2022 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1278701)
I don't want to add fuel to the fire but I need to say it out loud. You made a lot of fun of him back in the day, laughing at his questions to Phil, etc. Your following is probably as big as his, he probably felt humiliated, especially when the guy is so insecure, yet his ego is bigger than the Sun. I took your side, you even wanted to make a podcast with me. Later on, when I openly commented on Jon's interviews, in which he bashed Richie, I was banned from JoviTalk as well. Speaking of blocking people. You're not an innocent victim, Jay. Obviously the guy seems unhinged and revengeful, but I gotta say things are never black and white.

Not sure who you are? Rare I block people so you must have been some sort of dick.

What you're forgetting is me and him done each others podcasts. Was all good. And then I said I didn't like a performance and got blocked and then that happened.

If you think that's fair, I can't help you.



Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Eveline 04-08-2022 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1278702)
Not sure who you are? Rare I block people so you must have been some sort of dick.

And that says everything about you. I rest my case.

Supersonic 04-08-2022 09:46 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1278704)
And that says everything about you. I rest my case.

What's this now, a sequel to Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen? I'd say your ban on Jovitalk didn't last long enough. I rest my case.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

BJFan99 04-08-2022 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1278705)
Aloha !



What's this now, a sequel to Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen? I'd say your ban on Jovitalk didn't last long enough. I rest my case.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Welcome back, Seb! :D

Eveline 04-08-2022 10:40 AM

Well, don't you think that Jay constantly bitching about Jelly is ok but when he does similar things to others it's ok? Nice to see you Seb. Missed your rudeness. It's been a friendly place for a little too long 🙄

nickolai 04-08-2022 10:42 AM

While Jon continues to surround himself with “yes men” he will continually live in denial about the tragic state of his voice. So, yes. I believe the tour will go on. Until he realises he has a serious issue and addresses it, we will continue to see the music version of “The Wrestler”.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jovifan85 04-08-2022 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1278709)
While Jon continues to surround himself with “yes men” he will continually live in denial about the tragic state of his voice. So, yes. I believe the tour will go on. Until he realises he has a serious issue and addresses it, we will continue to see the music version of “The Wrestler”.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He can't his voice is shot.....Voice surgery not a option....This is what we have left of JBJ's remaining singing voice sadly.....

Rdkopper 04-08-2022 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1278698)
The fella made fake accounts on Instagram and Twitter and started putting 'pedophile' comments to TV companies I worked with and parents who got their children to do the free online workouts I done during lockdown when they had no physical education.

He then made various YouTube accounts and was joining my live streams doing the same and disliking the videos as many times as he could.

He then seen his arse when I done some tracking and got police involved. After I blocked him on everything, he then tried messaging through Skype which we done a podcast on doing the whole 'I am sorry for how we have been' - he done all of that because I said I didn't like a certain live performance. That was it.

I've got every bit of proof I need to know it was him. IP addresses, location of views, location of hits on my website, location of comments, the lot.

He could have ruined my business I've worked extremely hard for over the last 8/9 years. I worked as a PE teacher for 5 years too. That could have been ruined.

The fella is a disgusting human who I'm praying does a UK show when the band come around next.


Sorry to go off on one everyone but I'm sick of people saying how nice he seems. It's a front. There's a reason he has a restraining order from a backstreet boys member and there's a reason he blocks people who said bad stuff about the band. Simple.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I didn't know all that back story about him. So forget that second part. Lol

But I'll still stand by the first part and say that it's okay to attend a show and have a good time.

Some of the newer songs like Limitless, Beautiful Drug, Rollercoaster, can be pulled off. It's just the classics that we all want to hear sound like death.





Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 04-08-2022 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan85 (Post 1278710)
He can't his voice is shot.....Voice surgery not a option....This is what we have left of JBJ's remaining singing voice sadly.....

Why isn't surgery an option? Don't they have all these minor laser surgeries that can fix whatever?

The problem is, you can't talk afterwards for a duration and Jon can't keep his mouth shut for 5 minutes.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

blazeofglory 04-08-2022 01:19 PM

I don't think it's possible for any of us to tell whether vocal surgery is an option for him or not. We don't know what exactly is going on with his voice on a physiological/medical level, we don't know what kind of treatment options (surgical or non-surgical) are available for his condition and most medical interventions, especially bigger ones like surgeries, always come with certain risks attached to them. So even if surgery was a possible treatment option for his condition, there could still be potential side effects or risks he just personally wouldn't wanna take.

rolo_tomachi 04-08-2022 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazeofglory (Post 1278715)
I don't think it's possible for any of us to tell whether vocal surgery is an option for him or not. We don't know what exactly is going on with his voice on a physiological/medical level, we don't know what kind of treatment options (surgical or non-surgical) are available for his condition and most medical interventions, especially bigger ones like surgeries, always come with certain risks attached to them. So even if surgery was a possible treatment option for his condition, there could still be potential side effects or risks he just personally wouldn't wanna take.

My opinion, and this is not an affirmation, just an assumption, is that Jon already had surgery, back in 2014-2016. I think he took that risk and it didn't work out. For what he can only live with this thing and carry on.

musiccritic101 04-08-2022 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1278716)
My opinion, and this is not an affirmation, just an assumption, is that Jon already had surgery, back in 2014-2016. I think he took that risk and it didn't work out. For what he can only live with this thing and carry on.

That does seem plausable and I've actually been thinking the same since the last tour, between 2014-2016 Jon still sounded like himself he still had his natural JBJ tone but his high register was pretty rough but at that point he still didn't exhibit the breathing and clipping issues, fast forward to the first show of the THINFS Tour and Jon's suddenly lost his normal tone and is having pitch and breathe control issues. In theory Jon must've had some kind of work done to his vocal cords to help him regain some of his vocal stamina and high range,for whatever reason it failed and Jon's cords were further damaged so he had to relearn how to sing the songs and learn a new vocal technique to get through the songs.

Of course Jon won't admit that he had vocal surgery to fix the damage or whatever was wrong with his voice, the 'vocal surgery fail' kinda does explain the sudden change in Jon's vocal timbre during the first show of the THINFS tour and why his voice seemed to deteriorate every year after 2017.

bonjovi90 04-08-2022 06:53 PM

I think he had some sort of medical vocal treatment between the promo shows in 2016 and the tour start in 2017. His tone was completely gone as the tour started. As said before, Paul Stanley had openly admitted to have had vocal surgery and his voice fell into the same kind of pattern afterwards.
In general, surgery requires a lot of time of keeping quiet afterwards and I don't think that was for Jon. Look at Bonnie Tyler, she didn't keep quiet and that's why her voice got so extremly hoarse as well.

Captain_jovi 04-08-2022 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1278722)
I think he had some sort of medical vocal treatment between the promo shows in 2016 and the tour start in 2017. His tone was completely gone as the tour started. As said before, Paul Stanley had openly admitted to have had vocal surgery and his voice fell into the same kind of pattern afterwards.
In general, surgery requires a lot of time of keeping quiet afterwards and I don't think that was for Jon. Look at Bonnie Tyler, she didn't keep quiet and that's why her voice got so extremly hoarse as well.

KISS also started tuning a whole step down around Paul's vocal problems too interestingly enough.

BD135 04-08-2022 07:20 PM

He should just stick to acoustic theatre shows for the die-hards. That way he can do spoken-word versions of songs and casual fans wont show up and be disappointed. He may feel an obligation to keep the machine going, but with these horrible reviews...

Captain_jovi 04-08-2022 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BD135 (Post 1278724)
He should just stick to acoustic theatre shows for the die-hards. That way he can do spoken-word versions of songs and casual fans wont show up and be disappointed. He may feel an obligation to keep the machine going, but with these horrible reviews...

Casual fans keep the wheel turning. Is there enough people that don't want the hits and are cool hearing him warble through album cuts? I fear the diehards won't be as forgiving as the casuals.

But in theory, 100 percent, I would go back to seeing them live if that was the promise. Sadly the hits fund the machine.

jovifan85 04-11-2022 10:31 AM

Does anyone think Jon Bon Jovi, will release a statement to the media, at the end of the 2022 Tour, and say "This is why my voice is like this", and that voice surgery failed, and made my voice worse?....Or time and wear has caught up with him?

As the media reviews have picked-up on what fans could have said since 2015?

I love the guy, but perhaps this is what is needed, if he continues I will follow, despite the bad voice, he can still write good songs......

musiccritic101 04-11-2022 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan85 (Post 1278864)
Does anyone think Jon Bon Jovi, will release a statement to the media, at the end of the 2022 Tour, and say "This is why my voice is like this", and that voice surgery failed, and made my voice worse?....Or time and wear has caught up with him?

As the media reviews have picked-up on what fans could have said since 2015?

I love the guy, but perhaps this is what is needed, if he continues I will follow, despite the bad voice, he can still write good songs......

I doubt Jon will ever admit to the public on what's going with his voice, he'll likely continue on like nothings wrong like he's done for the last decade or so.

He did mention something about his voice not being able to perform the way he wants it to, during the early THINFS promo interviews but he was kinda being really vague about it.

liljovi93 04-11-2022 12:04 PM

No he won't make any statement. Why should he? People still pay and if this is the last tour/2023, then why should he?

The most we've got and most we'll ever get is 'my voice is shot' on God Bless This Mess.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

midnight_train 04-12-2022 04:35 PM

What Ritchie Sambora interview are people are referencing here. I have seen them in 2001 Ottawa, 2005, Montreal, 2007, Ottawa, and 2018 Ottawa. 2018 was BAD. He was so pitchy, and I won tickets so thank god it was free. I do feel like since 2000 they toured way too much, and Sirius XM host Trunk Nation Eddie Trunk has said that even before the pandemic there were too many artists touring.

How many summers have we seen Def Leppard, REO Speedwagon, Heart, Foreigner, Styx, Don Felder, Journey etc. doing package tours. Trotting out the same hits year after year. Do they need the money that badly.

Captain_jovi 04-12-2022 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnight_train (Post 1278907)
What Ritchie Sambora interview are people are referencing here. I have seen them in 2001 Ottawa, 2005, Montreal, 2007, Ottawa, and 2018 Ottawa. 2018 was BAD. He was so pitchy, and I won tickets so thank god it was free. I do feel like since 2000 they toured way too much, and Sirius XM host Trunk Nation Eddie Trunk has said that even before the pandemic there were too many artists touring.

How many summers have we seen Def Leppard, REO Speedwagon, Heart, Foreigner, Styx, Don Felder, Journey etc. doing package tours. Trotting out the same hits year after year. Do they need the money that badly.

Keep in mind it's a totally different market. All these bands stem from the hayday where you could still make money off album sales. Touring is all a lot of these bands have, no one cares about the new music.

I think people really need to keep in mind concerts aren't 100 percent on how the singer sounds or the same setlist tour after to tour. I'd wager 80 percent of the people at shows are there to have a good time and I'm starting to feel like it's so weird we actively try to take that away from people.

Keep completely in mind Jon sounds like shit and I agree but there has to be reason there is a good amount of people still having fun at the show past Jon's looks.

steel_horse75 04-13-2022 08:18 AM

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ar...-current-tour/


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

prayer_84 04-13-2022 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1278925)

There's this guy called Ken Tamplin who recently discussed Jon's voice then and now. If there's anyone who could help Jon, it's Ken Tamplin and I wish Jon called him asap. Here's the video I'm talking about, if anyone here's interested. I for one would be glad to hear your opinion, though.

http://https://youtu.be/teZ00SKmxPs

midnight_train 04-13-2022 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1278628)
In the recent interview, Richie said there was album after album and it wasn't a good thing. We can only wonder whose decision it was and why it probably watered down the band's legacy. Too many same-sounding records, with WAN being a bag of sh*t, BB a let's-throw-everything-in one, and 2020 being a 'topical' album no one really wants to hear live except for maybe two songs. Umm, okay. Now some pity Jon because he looks in pain *maybe bc he is, it can't be just neck stretching* but he doesn't do it for money per se, he's loaded beyond our imagination. It's the guy's HUGE ego, so maybe the fans who pay through the nose actually deserve the braying every night *shrugs* Those who say he's improved any bit are clearly no better than his blind cult following. He hasn't improved at all, it hurts your ear and makes your soul bleed. Heard some snippets and wish I hadn't. Just stop already.


What recent interview. Where can i read or listen to this?

joloriquelme 04-18-2022 01:03 AM

I was just remembering that Hyde Park 2011 gig, with Jon with a broken leg.

One of the best post-2000 Bon Jovi concert, if it's not the better. The highest modern-Bon Jovi point.

10 years later, we just have a comical parody of Jon, with a cover band. He said himself.

I remember with good feeling the 2017 concert in Chile. Jon sounded bad, but at least he was trying to prove to the audience that he can still mount a decent show.

Now, he is an international newspaper headline because he simply CANNOT sing anymore and he is still doing shows. The problem isn't that he cannot sing anymore. The problem is that, anyway, he is still doing shows.

Sometimes I think this is all about money, and ego. I frankly believe it is all about Richie. Jon's frontman quality started to decline after RS departure. At the end of the BWC tour he already started to sing with problems.

He is STILL trying to prove (probably for himself and nobody else) that he can continue without RS. And sure he can, because his last name on a poster is what sells stadiums.

But he lost every possible die-hard fan respect, including me.

He just hasn't dignity. Going gray isn't a way to show that. It is knowing when and where you have to STOP.

joloriquelme 04-18-2022 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joloriquelme (Post 1279172)
I was just remembering that Hyde Park 2011 gig, with Jon with a broken leg.

One of the best post-2000 Bon Jovi concert, if it's not the better. The highest modern-Bon Jovi point.

10 years later, we just have a comical parody of Jon, with a cover band. He said himself.

I remember with good feeling the 2017 concert in Chile. Jon sounded bad, but at least he was trying to prove to the audience that he can still mount a decent show.

Now, he is an international newspaper headline because he simply CANNOT sing anymore and he is still doing shows. The problem isn't that he cannot sing anymore. The problem is that, anyway, he is still doing shows.

Sometimes I think this is all about money, and ego. I frankly believe it is all about Richie. Jon's frontman quality started to decline after RS departure. At the end of the BWC tour he already started to sing with problems.

He is STILL trying to prove (probably for himself and nobody else) that he can continue without RS. And sure he can, because his last name on a poster is what sells stadiums.

But he lost every possible die-hard fan respect, including me.

He just hasn't dignity. Going gray isn't a way to show that. It is knowing when and where you have to STOP.

Aaaand...

There's also responsability from David Bryan and Tico Torres on this catastrophe.

Both know the man from 35+ years ago.

I am pretty sure they aren't deaf and they can listen clearly a man that can't sing anymore.

The just could talk to the man and say to him: "Hey Jon, please, stop."

Unless they simply don't care and got their checks and the end of the tour, for keeping doing Broadway shows and playing golf.

The rest of the cover band are just session musicians that are just flooding their pockets with money while they can.

rolo_tomachi 04-18-2022 01:34 AM

This is looking worse and worse.

https://www.metalsucks.net/2022/04/1...-raleigh-show/


.

Gabriel Shoes 04-18-2022 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1279174)

For the past decade boards like this one were the only people acknowledging Jon's issues.

Now the press and casual fans started talking.

Gabriel Shoes 04-18-2022 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joloriquelme (Post 1279172)
I was just remembering that Hyde Park 2011 gig, with Jon with a broken leg.

One of the best post-2000 Bon Jovi concert, if it's not the better. The highest modern-Bon Jovi point.

10 years later, we just have a comical parody of Jon, with a cover band. He said himself.

I remember with good feeling the 2017 concert in Chile. Jon sounded bad, but at least he was trying to prove to the audience that he can still mount a decent show.

Now, he is an international newspaper headline because he simply CANNOT sing anymore and he is still doing shows. The problem isn't that he cannot sing anymore. The problem is that, anyway, he is still doing shows.

Sometimes I think this is all about money, and ego. I frankly believe it is all about Richie. Jon's frontman quality started to decline after RS departure. At the end of the BWC tour he already started to sing with problems.

He is STILL trying to prove (probably for himself and nobody else) that he can continue without RS. And sure he can, because his last name on a poster is what sells stadiums.

But he lost every possible die-hard fan respect, including me.

He just hasn't dignity. Going gray isn't a way to show that. It is knowing when and where you have to STOP.

You brought up a good point. I'm a 100% sure his issues are mainly physical but the psychological part plays a major role for him. Just oay attention to These Days in Sao Paulo in 2019. He botched half of the song but when he noticed how crazy the reaction to the song was he managed to make the last half of the song at least good.

Since Richie departed he looks vulnerable on stage.


****These Days was in 2017

musiccritic101 04-18-2022 11:15 AM

I wonder what Jon thinks about all the latest press articles regarding the condition of his voice. He's likely ignoring the reports and acting like nothings wrong or his ego is badly bruised.

Jon is well aware of his current situation, it has to be affecting him to a certain degree, it's a long shot but maybe all the bad reviews and articles about his voice finally lit a fire under his ass to consider getting a new vocal coach or pursing a stricter vocal re-training regime before the 40th anniversary tour.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.