Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Should Bon Jovi Tour again in 2022? After April? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70895)

Captain_jovi 04-12-2022 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnight_train (Post 1278907)
What Ritchie Sambora interview are people are referencing here. I have seen them in 2001 Ottawa, 2005, Montreal, 2007, Ottawa, and 2018 Ottawa. 2018 was BAD. He was so pitchy, and I won tickets so thank god it was free. I do feel like since 2000 they toured way too much, and Sirius XM host Trunk Nation Eddie Trunk has said that even before the pandemic there were too many artists touring.

How many summers have we seen Def Leppard, REO Speedwagon, Heart, Foreigner, Styx, Don Felder, Journey etc. doing package tours. Trotting out the same hits year after year. Do they need the money that badly.

Keep in mind it's a totally different market. All these bands stem from the hayday where you could still make money off album sales. Touring is all a lot of these bands have, no one cares about the new music.

I think people really need to keep in mind concerts aren't 100 percent on how the singer sounds or the same setlist tour after to tour. I'd wager 80 percent of the people at shows are there to have a good time and I'm starting to feel like it's so weird we actively try to take that away from people.

Keep completely in mind Jon sounds like shit and I agree but there has to be reason there is a good amount of people still having fun at the show past Jon's looks.

steel_horse75 04-13-2022 08:18 AM

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ar...-current-tour/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

prayer_84 04-13-2022 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1278925)

There's this guy called Ken Tamplin who recently discussed Jon's voice then and now. If there's anyone who could help Jon, it's Ken Tamplin and I wish Jon called him asap. Here's the video I'm talking about, if anyone here's interested. I for one would be glad to hear your opinion, though.

http://https://youtu.be/teZ00SKmxPs

midnight_train 04-13-2022 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1278628)
In the recent interview, Richie said there was album after album and it wasn't a good thing. We can only wonder whose decision it was and why it probably watered down the band's legacy. Too many same-sounding records, with WAN being a bag of sh*t, BB a let's-throw-everything-in one, and 2020 being a 'topical' album no one really wants to hear live except for maybe two songs. Umm, okay. Now some pity Jon because he looks in pain *maybe bc he is, it can't be just neck stretching* but he doesn't do it for money per se, he's loaded beyond our imagination. It's the guy's HUGE ego, so maybe the fans who pay through the nose actually deserve the braying every night *shrugs* Those who say he's improved any bit are clearly no better than his blind cult following. He hasn't improved at all, it hurts your ear and makes your soul bleed. Heard some snippets and wish I hadn't. Just stop already.

What recent interview. Where can i read or listen to this?

joloriquelme 04-18-2022 01:03 AM

I was just remembering that Hyde Park 2011 gig, with Jon with a broken leg.

One of the best post-2000 Bon Jovi concert, if it's not the better. The highest modern-Bon Jovi point.

10 years later, we just have a comical parody of Jon, with a cover band. He said himself.

I remember with good feeling the 2017 concert in Chile. Jon sounded bad, but at least he was trying to prove to the audience that he can still mount a decent show.

Now, he is an international newspaper headline because he simply CANNOT sing anymore and he is still doing shows. The problem isn't that he cannot sing anymore. The problem is that, anyway, he is still doing shows.

Sometimes I think this is all about money, and ego. I frankly believe it is all about Richie. Jon's frontman quality started to decline after RS departure. At the end of the BWC tour he already started to sing with problems.

He is STILL trying to prove (probably for himself and nobody else) that he can continue without RS. And sure he can, because his last name on a poster is what sells stadiums.

But he lost every possible die-hard fan respect, including me.

He just hasn't dignity. Going gray isn't a way to show that. It is knowing when and where you have to STOP.

joloriquelme 04-18-2022 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joloriquelme (Post 1279172)

One of the best post-2000 Bon Jovi concert, if it's not the better. The highest modern-Bon Jovi point.

10 years later, we just have a comical parody of Jon, with a cover band. He said himself.

I remember with good feeling the 2017 concert in Chile. Jon sounded bad, but at least he was trying to prove to the audience that he can still mount a decent show.

Now, he is an international newspaper headline because he simply CANNOT sing anymore and he is still doing shows. The problem isn't that he cannot sing anymore. The problem is that, anyway, he is still doing shows.

Sometimes I think this is all about money, and ego. I frankly believe it is all about Richie. Jon's frontman quality started to decline after RS departure. At the end of the BWC tour he already started to sing with problems.

He is STILL trying to prove (probably for himself and nobody else) that he can continue without RS. And sure he can, because his last name on a poster is what sells stadiums.

He just hasn't dignity. Going gray isn't a way to show that. It is knowing when and where you have to STOP.

Aaaand...

There's also responsability from David Bryan and Tico Torres on this catastrophe.

Both know the man from 35+ years ago.

I am pretty sure they aren't deaf and they can listen clearly a man that can't sing anymore.

The just could talk to the man and say to him: "Hey Jon, please, stop."

Unless they simply don't care and got their checks and the end of the tour, for keeping doing Broadway shows and playing golf.

The rest of the cover band are just session musicians that are just flooding their pockets with money while they can.

rolo_tomachi 04-18-2022 01:34 AM

This is looking worse and worse.

https://www.metalsucks.net/2022/04/1...-raleigh-show/

Gabriel Shoes 04-18-2022 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1279174)

For the past decade boards like this one were the only people acknowledging Jon's issues.

Now the press and casual fans started talking.

Gabriel Shoes 04-18-2022 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joloriquelme (Post 1279172)

You brought up a good point. I'm a 100% sure his issues are mainly physical but the psychological part plays a major role for him. Just oay attention to These Days in Sao Paulo in 2019. He botched half of the song but when he noticed how crazy the reaction to the song was he managed to make the last half of the song at least good.

Since Richie departed he looks vulnerable on stage.

****These Days was in 2017

musiccritic101 04-18-2022 11:15 AM

I wonder what Jon thinks about all the latest press articles regarding the condition of his voice. He's likely ignoring the reports and acting like nothings wrong or his ego is badly bruised.

Jon is well aware of his current situation, it has to be affecting him to a certain degree, it's a long shot but maybe all the bad reviews and articles about his voice finally lit a fire under his ass to consider getting a new vocal coach or pursing a stricter vocal re-training regime before the 40th anniversary tour.