Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Should Bon Jovi Tour again in 2022? After April? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70895)

jovifan85 04-06-2022 11:18 AM

Should Bon Jovi Tour again in 2022? After April?

Having seen footage of Bon Jovi's April 2022 Tour, I feel JBJ shouldn't Tour for the rest of 2022, and perhaps make an Album? For Release for late 2022/2023?

musiccritic101 04-06-2022 11:38 AM

According to Jon and his Jovi puppet Jerry apparently there are no plans to embark on any international tour of any capacity. Basically it's the current 15 shows then nothing for the rest of the year.

I kinda feel like the 15 shows right now are just to test waters for another tour maybe next year.

vasovasilev9 04-06-2022 11:40 AM

Definitely there won't be more shows for this year. No matter in what condition Jon voice is in.

I think there also won't be enough time for them to record a new album, because the big "40th Anniversary Tour" will probably start from February-March in Australia, so the promo campaign should start around the end of this summer or the beginning of the fall.

Right now from marketing perspective I believe the best thing for the band is to not put another record in the next 2-3 years. If it's true that they will put out a new boxset for the upcoming tour that will be something to look forward to, but for a new album, if they want to gain some success they will have to take a couple years break of doing it.

jovifan85 04-06-2022 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasovasilev9 (Post 1278598)
Definitely there won't be more shows for this year. No matter in what condition Jon voice is in.

I think there also won't be enough time for them to record a new album, because the big "40th Anniversary Tour" will probably start from February-March in Australia, so the promo campaign should start around the end of this summer or the beginning of the fall.

Right now from marketing perspective I believe the best thing for the band is to not put another record in the next 2-3 years. If it's true that they will put out a new boxset for the upcoming tour that will be something to look forward to, but for a new album, if they want to gain some success they will have to take a couple years break of doing it.

Personally, I couldn't wait 2 years for another album. But I feel if another Album doesn't come to 2024, then it will probably be the last, unless Bon Jovi, just release Albums until the Farewell Tour, hopefully with Richie Sambora, and Alec Such.....

vasovasilev9 04-06-2022 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan85 (Post 1278599)
Personally, I couldn't wait 2 years for another album. But I feel if another Album doesn't come to 2024, then it will probably be the last, unless Bon Jovi, just release Albums until the Farewell Tour, hopefully with Richie Sambora, and Alec Such.....

I'm so into about getting a new album from them, don't get me wrong. For me personally this is the main reason why I love them these days. I'm pretty tired of all the "big hits" so to get something new or unreleased is what makes me excited the most. But in the nowadays circumstances, the best thing for the band is just to hold a little bit, because they're loosing the excitement from most of their fans.

I don't see Bon Jovi's end any time soon, maybe after 10-15 years. They will surely slow down a bit and we won't see that much touring and new albums, but that's okay.

About the "Farewell Tour" I can't truly see Richie, Alec and even Hugh, David and Tico to be there. I think the last tour of the band brand is going to be just with Jon... And it's a kind of a beautiful thing. The man who started everything alone, to end it that way.

Faceman 04-06-2022 05:41 PM

A singer who can't sing shouldn't go on tour ever again.
Charging money for that kind of performance is close to scam to me.

Eveline 04-06-2022 05:46 PM

I couldn't care less about new music from them. The last couple of albums are totally forgettable, haven't listened to any new material for ages and not really looking forward to it. Watching Jon's face, all distorted in painful grimaces, is enough for me. His painful tone, weird tone, and absolutely weird arrangement of songs (now almost impossible to decipher) is like a warning in itself. The guy's loaded, the catalogue is huge. What motivates the guy these days? Is it his huge ego, that's bigger than the Sahara desert he wanted to sell twice?
Don't expect me to feel sorry for him. He's not doing it for free, may it be the money or his ego. Screw that, those who pay for that sh*t have the right to complain. And get the refund, 100% of what they've paid.

Captain_jovi 04-06-2022 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1278610)
I couldn't care less about new music from them. The last couple of albums are totally forgettable, haven't listened to any new material for ages and not really looking forward to it. Watching Jon's face, all distorted in painful grimaces, is enough for me. His painful tone, weird tone, and absolutely weird arrangement of songs (now almost impossible to decipher) is like a warning in itself. The guy's loaded, the catalogue is huge. What motivates the guy these days? Is it his huge ego, that's bigger than the Sahara desert he wanted to sell twice?
Don't expect me to feel sorry for him. He's not doing it for free, may it be the money or his ego. Screw that, those who pay for that sh*t have the right to complain. And get the refund, 100% of what they've paid.

While the people that pay for the shit are surely complaining, the ones who aren't seem to have the biggest problem with it.

Thierry 04-06-2022 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1278609)

Yup it is. And destroying the legacy.

Eveline 04-06-2022 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1278612)
Yup it is. And destroying the legacy.

What legacy? It all belongs to JBJ and he's the one who decides what to do with that. With the little that's left of it, that is.

Captain_jovi 04-06-2022 06:18 PM

I agree with Theirry, it makes everything JBJ has said up to this point cheap and hollow. The talk about quitting when he couldn't do it anymore, about not being the Fat Elvis. There was a big legacy of monster hits and killer album cuts that started diminishing in 2000 and then just kept sliding downwards in a race for relevancy.

KeepTheFaith2211 04-06-2022 06:21 PM

If they want to, yes.

Eveline 04-06-2022 06:37 PM

They want it and will want it as long as the big bucks are coming. The question is: who's left who truly wants it? The old ladies who love JBJ's plump ass? Is JBJ that hungry for money? If yes, let them be, they deserve each other.

KeepTheFaith2211 04-06-2022 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1278618)
They want it and will want it as long as the big bucks are coming. The question is: who's left who truly wants it? The old ladies who love JBJ's plump ass? Is JBJ that hungry for money? If yes, let them be, they deserve each other.

JBJ is happy then and so are those going. Win win.

micro cuts 04-06-2022 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1278614)
I agree with Theirry, it makes everything JBJ has said up to this point cheap and hollow. The talk about quitting when he couldn't do it anymore, about not being the Fat Elvis. There was a big legacy of monster hits and killer album cuts that started diminishing in 2000 and then just kept sliding downwards in a race for relevancy.

2000's were kinda understandable because they were in their fourties still a good age to be "productive" and make money but whatever comes after 2011 tour both album and live broke their legacy into pieces. I suffocate when hear jon sing or talk, actually I don't listen to them:confused:

Captain_jovi 04-06-2022 07:01 PM

Its supply and demand. The market speaks for itself. If people see this tour and come back for more, that's on them. Jon absolutely has an ego and it's buyer beware. If people stop coming, they'll stop touring.

Ticket sales speak louder than anything else.

Captain_jovi 04-06-2022 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by micro cuts (Post 1278620)
2000's were kinda understandable because they were in their fourties still a good age to be "productive" and make money but whatever comes after 2011 tour both album and live broke their legacy into pieces. I suffocate when hear jon sing or talk, actually I don't listen to them:confused:

I'm not sure I agree. There's being productive and there's overflooding the market with touring and releases. There was something coming out from the band every year from 2000 up until 2011 almost, give or take. Had they spaced it out I don't think we'd be in the boat we're in. It overworked the band, it diminished quality, it over-satured interest.

KeepTheFaith2211 04-06-2022 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1278621)
Its supply and demand. The market speaks for itself. If people see this tour and come back for more, that's on them. Jon absolutely has an ego and it's buyer beware. If people stop coming, they'll stop touring.

Ticket sales speak louder than anything else.

Exactly. If people buy tickets and the band sees no reason to stop…

micro cuts 04-06-2022 07:27 PM

So maybe they could have met that demand by releasing live albums, box sets etc and kept touring while they were still in shape. I would take it over crush, have a nice day or lost highway. I agree it overworked the band but you should be realistic and true to yourself as a songwriter or an artist. There should be a balance, at least that's how I see it.

Captain_jovi 04-06-2022 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by micro cuts (Post 1278624)
So maybe they could have met that demand by releasing live albums, box sets etc and kept touring while they were still in shape. I would take it over crush, have a nice day or lost highway. I agree it overworked the band but you should be realistic and true to yourself as a songwriter or an artist. There should be a balance, at least that's how I see it.

Completely agree. I think that rhetoric went out the window after Crush. They were always on to the next thing when the last thing didn't sell well. There's a very candid quote from Richie around the promo of The Circle where he was asked what was next and he alluded to the greatest hits being next if the album doesn't sell what they think it will. Like when you break it down:

2000: Crush
2001: Live Album
2002: Bounce
2003: This Left Feels Right
2004: Box Set
2005: Have a Nice Day
2006: I don't believe had anything since HAND was towards the end of the year
2007: Lost Highway
2009: The Circle
2010: Greatest Hits

That's FIVE studio albums in ten years, each with their own year, year and half tour with high ticket costs and similar setlists. After 2005 there wasn't as much radio success either so the demand for new material I don't think was that high. The 90's era had TWO albums. That's a big ol difference.

Eveline 04-06-2022 08:09 PM

In the recent interview, Richie said there was album after album and it wasn't a good thing. We can only wonder whose decision it was and why it probably watered down the band's legacy. Too many same-sounding records, with WAN being a bag of sh*t, BB a let's-throw-everything-in one, and 2020 being a 'topical' album no one really wants to hear live except for maybe two songs. Umm, okay. Now some pity Jon because he looks in pain *maybe bc he is, it can't be just neck stretching* but he doesn't do it for money per se, he's loaded beyond our imagination. It's the guy's HUGE ego, so maybe the fans who pay through the nose actually deserve the braying every night *shrugs* Those who say he's improved any bit are clearly no better than his blind cult following. He hasn't improved at all, it hurts your ear and makes your soul bleed. Heard some snippets and wish I hadn't. Just stop already.

Captain_jovi 04-06-2022 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1278628)
In the recent interview, Richie said there was album after album and it wasn't a good thing. We can only wonder whose decision it was and why it probably watered down the band's legacy. Too many same-sounding records, with WAN being a bag of sh*t, BB a let's-throw-everything-in one, and 2020 being a 'topical' album no one really wants to hear live except for maybe two songs. Umm, okay. Now some pity Jon because he looks in pain *maybe bc he is, it can't be just neck stretching* but he doesn't do it for money per se, he's loaded beyond our imagination. It's the guy's HUGE ego, so maybe the fans who pay through the nose actually deserve the braying every night *shrugs* Those who say he's improved any bit are clearly no better than his blind cult following. He hasn't improved at all, it hurts your ear and makes your soul bleed. Heard some snippets and wish I hadn't. Just stop already.

BB was a contractual obligation, I don't know if it's worth using it as a slight against the band.

I think I half agree? I think the band itself genuinely enjoys touring but I realize how saccharine that sounds. I don't think it's for a paycheck at this point, you don't do a run of 15 shows and then stop for the rest of the year. If it were ego it'd be a full year or April, bit of a break, and a summer outdoor run. How does ego fit into this? Dude knows he sounds like shit and knows others will too.

Eveline 04-06-2022 08:54 PM

Don't forget we're talking about a guy with a permanent "victim syndrome". All the success is his, all the failure is somebody else's/fate. He's not the fat Elvis, he's a good guy, just overworked/betrayed by his best friend/not old, just older/etc. I wouldn't be able to look myself in the mirror if I was able to deliver 10% of what I used to. It's time to quit the touring and there's nothing wrong with that. On the contrary, it's the only right thing to do. His voice deteriorated to a point it's no longer enjoyable on any song really. Praising him for trying is only fueling his self-destructive behaviour. The guy looks as if he's literally dying on stage every night... oops, guess they are the man's own words, Richie just chose not to :rolleyes:

Adam D 04-06-2022 09:43 PM

For what it's worth, I continue to look forward to new albums. There are good songs on every single one.

2020 is not my favorite by a long shot, but I still enjoy This House.

In terms of touring, I'd like to see them announce a farewell tour, so I know going in that it will be the last time.

It seems like I made the right choice in passing this month, but come April 15th, I will have second thoughts, no matter how Jon sounds.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Butters 04-06-2022 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1278609)

Exactly. It's a grift now.

richiefan95 04-06-2022 11:00 PM

Jon needs to see an psychologist. He is a smart man and should know that touring in this state is a not good idea. There must be a reason he can't stop. He probably will still perform even when he can't speak anymore.

I would like if he releases solo records but performing in this state makes no sense.

blazeofglory 04-06-2022 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richiefan95 (Post 1278634)
Jon needs to see an psychologist. He is a smart man and should know that touring in this state is a not good idea. There must be a reason he can't stop. He probably will still perform even when he can't speak anymore.

I would like if he releases solo records but performing in this state makes no sense.

He was in therapy during the post-2013 years and I would assume that he still has a therapist nowadays (even if he doesn't have regular sessions, but based on some stuff he's said in interviews during the past two years or so he certainly seems to be mindful to implement some approaches and techniques in his life that he probably learned in therapy). A psychologist would most likely not tell him to stop touring though, but rather work with him to combat whatever insecurities, anxieties, etc. he might have now due to the state of his voice and help him achieve his personal goals without burning himself out mentally.

Making records and playing shows is Jon's life work and he's clearly not ready to give half of that up yet (the man is also a workaholic who can't sit still and he's only JUST turned 60, so he isn't exactly at retirement age either yet), so if stopping now would just make him feel unhappy and unsatisfied a therapist would most likely tell him to keep going and give him the psychological guidance he might need to keep his mental health in good shape throughout it.

Rdkopper 04-06-2022 11:46 PM

I think Jon should announce a farewell tour so die hards can see him one last time.

I honestly don't think he'll he able to sing in two years.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 04-06-2022 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1278638)
I think Jon should announce a farewell tour so die hards can see him one last time.

Honestly, I think we're already looking at it.

rolo_tomachi 04-07-2022 01:09 AM

To be honest, Jon's voice got damaged during the Becuase We Can Tour. More than 100 shows in less than 1 year, he looked for it himself. I guess in that year, he was more concerned with having enough money to buy a Football team. When Richie defected, Jon didn't have that vocal backing, so he going the extra mile with so many shows on the legs... it takes its toll, and he's not 25 anymore like he was on the SWW Tour. He lost everything, his voice.

I've said it before, since then, his performance isn't what he was anymore, and I don't mean a vocal technique. He just can't do something that feels magical and genuine even if his voice fails.

On "the legacy" of the band... Jon pissed and shit on this when he made that WWWB documentary. He's the CEO, he's JBJ enterprise, which includes Bon Jovi... thats ​​his ridiculous words.

Jon could have taken a break from the band after The Circle/GH 2010. He could have released a solo album or two, then come back strong with a Bon Jovi album. Nothing guarantees that it would have been a better album than what it has given us in these years, but at least that "legacy" would remain intact... since Richie probably would never have defected.... Jon would not have ruined his voice doing that effort of 107 shows in less than 1 year, and now he could be enjoying a tour with dignity at his 60 years as other bands and artists of his generation are doing.

If Jon wants to continue as an artist (with the band or as a solo artist), he only has to record studio albums. It's the only medium where Jon can do the trick and we believe it. Forget the tours, maybe some promotional shows and that's it.. Do something similar to the last years of the Beatles, and I know that the music industry is not what it was, but I'm not talking about releasing albums to make gold... I'm talking about releasing albums to feed his ego as a musician and artist . Jon can still do that, I don't know for how long, but it's one of the options if not the only one - to continue with dignity.

The 2022 Tour has an explanation, Jon wants to but he can't do the tour that he had planned for the 2020 album, so he will only settle for these 15 shows to feed the artist inside him a little. I don't think we'll get a lot of rarities on this tour, I think we'll get the 2020 songs rotating every 2 or 3 shows. And that's fine. The artist also has to indulge, I just wish they never played Lost Highway live again (lol).

and one more thing, it is true that in recent years, his new music has not transpired, his singles have no relevance beyond the fans, but neither has it become an act of nostalgia. I mean, Jon does everything he can to offer a show that is not only sustained by the hits of his glory days, look at the setlist of the last years, look at the setlist of the 2022 shows. You will only find 5 or 6 songs from the eighties. Jon hasn't become an act like Guns N Roses (Axl and company play all his hits and rarities from his glorious albums), but I think Jon is wrong with this stance of ignoring his past. . Jon should embrace being a nostalgia act at the shows, because otherwise all he's doing is disappointing his audience even more. I'm not just referring to the hits, I'm referring to giving that show where the songs of yesteryear sound again. There is nothing wrong with that... though on second thought, I think it's too late to use that card.

About a new album, I'm always open to hearing new music, you know, but....I think the 40th Anniversary Box Set is the most interesting thing they're going to offer us in a long time, I hope they don't ruin it.

Captain_jovi 04-07-2022 01:30 AM

Whether or not Jon will still record when he can't tour will be the ultimate artistic test. Making the point that Jon could stick to the studio and not tour....no one cares about the studio stuff. I wish it was different and I wish it had an audience but I legit do not think it does. If he's cool putting it out and not caring what it sells. Even supporting the new albums live it doesn't matter, imagine how much worse it will do without being able to support it.

It sucks to say but the general public does not care about Jon's artistic side.

superkid 04-07-2022 03:17 AM

I was one of the few to speak positively of the tour after enjoying myself on Sunday but after watching some videos over the past few days I'm fully realizing how dire the situation with his voice is. What a tough week this was, to recap:

-Richie Sambora calls into the wacky Fox & Friends show and appears to be under the influence of something at 5:50am in the morning.
-David Bryan's "Diana the Musical" wins 5 Razzies, including worst picture.
-Jon Bon Jovi has the worst vocal performances of his entire career, and it's not even close.

What a rough week, congrats to Tico for being the only one to not embarrass himself! In fact he's the most talented musician on stage at this point IMO.

Anyways, I believe that word about her poor vocals is going to severely impact ticket sales and interest moving forward, if he continues to try touring like normal. My pipedream is for them to do a 40th anniversary farewell tour with Richie in '24, which would allow them to go out on top selling out stadiums all around the world. Labeling it the "farewell" tour will move tickets like no other trick can, so even if he continues to sound like he does fans will still turnout and be more forgiving of the vocals knowing it's the end. But at the end of the day Jon will make the decision on what the band's future will look like. If he wants to keep milking this for the rest of his life, even without Tico or David, nothing is stopping him.

Watching the video of Bad Medicine from Sunday made me think "Was he really that bad? How drunk was I?" :-?

Rdkopper 04-07-2022 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superkid (Post 1278653)
I was one of the few to speak positively of the tour after enjoying myself on Sunday but after watching some videos over the past few days I'm fully realizing how dire the situation with his voice is. What a tough week this was, to recap:

-Richie Sambora calls into the wacky Fox & Friends show and appears to be under the influence of something at 5:50am in the morning.

-David Bryan's "Diana the Musical" wins 5 Razzies, including worst picture.

-Jon Bon Jovi has the worst vocal performances of his entire career, and it's not even close.

What a rough week, congrats to Tico for being the only one to not embarrass himself! In fact he's the most talented musician on stage at this point IMO.

Anyways, I believe that word about her poor vocals is going to severely impact ticket sales and interest moving forward, if he continues to try touring like normal. My pipedream is for them to do a 40th anniversary farewell tour with Richie in '24, which would allow them to go out on top selling out stadiums all around the world. Labeling it the "farewell" tour will move tickets like no other trick can, so even if he continues to sound like he does fans will still turnout and be more forgiving of the vocals knowing it's the end. But at the end of the day Jon will make the decision on what the band's future will look like. If he wants to keep milking this for the rest of his life, even without Tico or David, nothing is stopping him.

Watching the video of Bad Medicine from Sunday made me think "Was he really that bad? How drunk was I?" :-?

No need to retract. It's always a different experience being there in person. I've been stating that for years.

I appreciate the feedback from the people who attend in person. There is a reason why people are cheering and not walking out.

I saw Guns and Roses a few years back and could have sworn that Axl sounded exactly the same when I was there... I couldn't have been more shocked to listen to the show on YouTube the next day.

Alcohol, Acoustics, The Crowd Noise, Etc. all plays into it.

You're also watching the entire show from start to finish. It's My Life is somewhat plausible. It's out of the middle register so he can semi pull it off... He just struggles with the higher notes do to his age which is to be expected and forgiven.

Xavi 04-07-2022 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1278639)

I think the same.

bonjovi90 04-07-2022 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1278639)

I honestly think so too. Of course they don't communicate it that way, but there are some signs that Jon took it as a "do or die" month. Some time before the tour, I think Tico and Phil had both hinted at possible other tour dates/locations/legs. Jon knew he couldn't do it in the way like it had ended in 2019. So he pulled the band together for three weeks of rehearsals in a desperate attempt to see if they can get it to somehow work by playing it all in an even lower key. Kudos to him for at least trying all these options.
But there had already been a quote from him on Sirius that they were not doing anymore past these 15 odd dates and that must've been around the early rehearsal days. So I feel that he knew by then it wasn't really gonna work better that way.
And in one of the recent news he had mentioned again that it wasn't more than these 15 dates. I think he has realized that it ain't gonna go on anymore. And everyone with a working set of ears has so, too.

Walleris 04-07-2022 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1278669)
I honestly think so too. Of course they don't communicate it that way, but there are some signs that Jon took it as a "do or die" month. Some time before the tour, I think Tico and Phil had both hinted at possible other tour dates/locations/legs. Jon knew he couldn't do it in the way like it had ended in 2019. So he pulled the band together for three weeks of rehearsals in a desperate attempt to see if they can get it to somehow work by playing it all in an even lower key. Kudos to him for at least trying all these options.
But there had already been a quote from him on Sirius that they were not doing anymore past these 15 odd dates and that must've been around the early rehearsal days. So I feel that he knew by then it wasn't really gonna work better that way.
And in one of the recent news he had mentioned again that it wasn't more than these 15 dates. I think he has realized that it ain't gonna go on anymore. And everyone with a working set of ears has so, too.

These were my exact thoughts during the early days of the THINFS tour when it became clear it wasn't ever gonna get any better for Jon vocally. I thought no way he's gonna come to Europe with this voice, but I was clearly wrong. Before the pandemic he even booked the tour with Bryan Adams, a peer of his from the same era who still sounds great, which was an absolutely crazy idea, because it would've exposed him even further to people with ears. But my guess is he believes his audience does not know or care enough to massive extent and the ticket sales show that he is correct. I know the further decline and the corresponding key change in the songs is a sign of awareness, but I think this was to make the shows manageable for another few years, because just last year he was still shouting them in the usual half-step arrangements.

Moreover, if this was the end, I'm having trouble believing Jon would miss the chance of promoting this as a farewell tour, he is way too business smart for that.

I hope I'm proven wrong, but I don't think he's going anywhere.

liljovi93 04-07-2022 05:46 PM

I still think these dates will finish. They will finish another album and release it towards the end of this year/early next with the boxset release summer 2023.

A 40th year anniversary tour will be announced, they'll tour Europe and finish again with Australia and back to America and that'll be it.

It's been a good run but it's a bit too late now. I can't sit through a performance.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

blazeofglory 04-07-2022 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1278678)
I still think these dates will finish. They will finish another album and release it towards the end of this year/early next with the boxset release summer 2023.

A 40th year anniversary tour will be announced, they'll tour Europe and finish again with Australia and back to America and that'll be it.

It's been a good run but it's a bit too late now. I can't sit through a performance.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I could see it going something like this as well.

When the time comes and they stop touring for good, I think Jon will want to go out with a bang (you could say…in a blaze of glory ;)) and a big 40th anniversary + farewell world tour would be the perfect way to do that. I really can’t see him wanting to end it by kinda just fading away and fizzling out with a short US tour that doesn’t even include shows in the biggest and most important locations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 04-07-2022 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazeofglory (Post 1278679)
I could see it going something like this as well.

When the time comes and they stop touring for good, I think Jon will want to go out with a bang (you could say…in a blaze of glory ;)) and a big 40th anniversary + farewell world tour would be the perfect way to do that. I really can’t see him wanting to end it by kinda just fading away and fizzling out with a short US tour that doesn’t even include shows in the biggest and most important locations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a cool intro with Jon playing the maracas. Jon physically looks great up there and that's what makes it so depressing. Guys like Vince Neil who are equally struggling vocally are in terrible shape and he looks like a train ran him over.

Jon is the opposite. He looks terrific and is fully energized. Jon is a creature of habit.

He's probably the same way with his vocal coach as he is with Jon Shanks... but I think he needs to find someone who can guide him in a better direction with restructuring his songs.

Faceman 04-07-2022 08:30 PM

They didn't celebrate 10 years.
They didn't celebrate 20 years. (Yes, the Box Set coincided with that date. But the focus lay on the 100 million album milestone. And 1 one-off show isn't a celebration)
They didn't celebrate 30 years.

What makes you think they would celebrate 40 years?

Regarding Jon's vocals:
The later part of the Because We Can tour wasn't good anymore.
The short 2015 tour was bad.
The This House Is Not For Sale tour was worse.
The 2022 tour is a desaster.

What makes you think will happen that makes Jon able to go out with a bang?

Some of you here write that this tour makes Jon finally realize that it's better to give up touring because his vocals can't keep up anymore, his vocals can't even keep up for 15 dates.
What makes you think that same Jon has the idea to do another world tour to wave goodbye to the fans?

Sorry guys, this is daydreaming what you're doing.
When the band = Jon calls it quits, the public won't get to know. Because he just won't do it anymore. In best case he announces a break. And that break will get longer and longer and longer...