Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Should Bon Jovi Tour again in 2022? After April? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70895)

B.J. Always 05-28-2022 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1280177)
I think cost has a lot to do with it too. On fan club shows the amount they can make skyrockets ic they're not dealing with an eight piece band, lighting, staging and transportation. Plus they're dealing with a VERY forgiving audience. Most of them truly do not care or notice the state of Jon's voice. Doing it on a tour with casuals and people who are there for the hits really exposes the state of his voice and the bad timing and missed notes. Personally I think thats why it was dropped more so than flow of the show/lack of interest but who knows.

I've read on reviews that a lot of fans go on breaks during the acoustic sets--to the restrooms, going for food, etc.

Of course, there were a number of fans that left due to Jon's vocals.

sweetmisery 06-26-2022 07:09 PM

Wait. So there is a big 40 year anniversary tour next year? Are there talks/rumors about this or just speculation?

bonjovi90 06-26-2022 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetmisery (Post 1282059)
Wait. So there is a big 40 year anniversary tour next year? Are there talks/rumors about this or just speculation?

Nothing but speculation and fan dreaming.

danfan 07-20-2022 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1282060)
Nothing but speculation and fan dreaming.

If Jon sounds like he did on this past tour, sounds like more of a nightmare. I knew it would be rough, but the show I went to in Tampa was just gut wrenching. I wouldn't go see them again like that. Not because of the money but because it was so depressing listening to him.

eddie73 07-28-2022 04:58 PM

Yeah of course they should if they want to, why not ! If the demand is there which it obviously is why would they stop ... Fully expecting a mammoth world for the 40th anniversary, hitting every corner of the globe for the next 3 years or so from 2023. Not saying as a farewell but I believe it will be their last huge tour , then just do 30 odd shows a year

Mongoose 08-02-2022 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1282219)
If Jon sounds like he did on this past tour, sounds like more of a nightmare. I knew it would be rough, but the show I went to in Tampa was just gut wrenching. I wouldn't go see them again like that. Not because of the money but because it was so depressing listening to him.

Poor Jon. Should have quit the smoking..

Logan72 08-03-2022 08:14 PM

As it was/huge arena and stadium tours can't happen now surely? His voice this year?? To be honest, some of the clips I've seen of 2019 even? Word will quickly get around in the mainstream next time I think and if a large number of dates are planned, it could be all a bit of disaster, and quite depressing. I wish it wasn't so, but from what I've seen the last couple of years, I just don't think it's possible. For whatever reason (and to my huge dissapointment), I just don't think Jon is going to be able to do what Mick Jagger, Bruce Springsteen, Paul McCartney etc have done and keep it going that long :(

He's an intelligent man, so if there's another way/he has a plan and proves me wrong, great stuff! :)

bonjovi90 08-03-2022 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logan72 (Post 1282298)
As it was/huge arena and stadium tours can't happen now surely? His voice this year?? To be honest, some of the clips I've seen of 2019 even? Word will quickly get around in the mainstream next time I think and if a large number of dates are planned, it could be all a bit of disaster, and quite depressing. I wish it wasn't so, but from what I've seen the last couple of years, I just don't think it's possible. For whatever reason (and to my huge dissapointment), I just don't think Jon is going to be able to do what Mick Jagger, Bruce Springsteen, Paul McCartney etc have done and keep it going that long :(

He's an intelligent man, so if there's another way/he has a plan and proves me wrong, great stuff! :)

Word got around a lot in mainstream during this year's tour.

Logan72 08-03-2022 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1282299)
Word got around a lot in mainstream during this year's tour.

Yes, worrying. You'll have seen I'm new to the forum but I've been a devoted fan since the 80s. I showed my wife the latest - she couldn't believe what's happened...and she loved Axl Rose!

B.J. Always 08-12-2022 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logan72 (Post 1282300)
Yes, worrying. You'll have seen I'm new to the forum but I've been a devoted fan since the 80s. I showed my wife the latest - she couldn't believe what's happened...and she loved Axl Rose!

Have you gotten the feeling that you have showed up after the party was over? Considering the sound of Jon's voice.

Nevertheless welcome to the Forum!