Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

2020: The New Album

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 06-30-2020, 04:06 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I truly hope not. Unless it's a throwaway "we're marching for the rights" or something alluding to it. But rich white people singing about this will just....yikes..not go over well.
I don't think Jon would write specifically about it... He'd probably write something more along the lines of "Give Me Some Hope" or maybe "Change".

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
Old 06-30-2020, 04:22 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I truly hope not. Unless it's a throwaway "we're marching for the rights" or something alluding to it. But rich white people singing about this will just....yikes..not go over well.
Eh, it's not about Jon being white (see Bruce or Dylan) or rich (Prince and Ice-T did songs on stuff like this). It's that DWYC in particular... I mean, "if you can't do what you do, do what you can" doesn't gel well with "I can't breathe".
Old 06-30-2020, 04:28 AM
The Distance

I just want him to write another song about The Soul Kitchen

Old 06-30-2020, 06:32 AM
The Distance

I just watched that entire Jon interview and I wish I could get that time back... Let me start by saying that I used to love Bon Jovi interviews just as much as I loved their performances. They would actually put me in good moods. They were funny, witty, charismatic and just cool guys...

I felt like I was watching CNN. The guy can barely crack a smile. Everything is so so serious now... The wine, The Soul Kitchen, he's even taking the enjoyment out of the new album. It's not even his robotic go to speeches that I've heard over a dozen times. It's the whole delivery. Zero Excitement.

I was waiting for Nancy Grace to interrupt with Breaking News!!!

Between Jon and Richie, my days are limited with this band... I did not see this coming 20 years ago. I thought Jon had the winning formula and was going to make great music forever...I thought Jon and Richie were past the point of breaking up and they were going to be the next Aerosmith... Jon and Richie are done forever. Jon gave up complete creative control to Shanks.

It's time for a long Bon Jovi break.

Old 06-30-2020, 10:59 PM
Price of posting

At this point in the journey, I just want to listen to music I've never heard, whether it's new or things from the vaults.

Waiting for Beatiful Drug.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:09 AM
Jovi Freak

OMG The drama...
Old 07-08-2020, 09:41 PM
Jovi Fan

I see Jon saying dry county was a different style of writing, "long style" which he says influenced songs like Joey, right side of wrong and an upcoming song from 2020. I was excited when I heard about a song in the vein of dry county but now he mentioned them other two songs, lost a bit of that excitement...
Old 07-09-2020, 09:21 AM
Suddenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonboy25 View Post
I see Jon saying dry county was a different style of writing, "long style" which he says influenced songs like Joey, right side of wrong and an upcoming song from 2020. I was excited when I heard about a song in the vein of dry county but now he mentioned them other two songs, lost a bit of that excitement...
Yeah Joey and right side of wrong aren’t really in the same category as dry county. I can’t really seem to think how a song so epic as dry county could influence a fictional song like Joey.
Old 07-09-2020, 02:02 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD32 View Post
Yeah Joey and right side of wrong aren’t really in the same category as dry county. I can’t really seem to think how a song so epic as dry county could influence a fictional song like Joey.
that was a bummer, dry county is a masterpiece, joey and right side are b sides at best imo. since jon mentioned joey i wonder why he decided to add a levon elton john ripp off tune wuithout mentioning the original. there was a whole thread where fellow jovi talkers made some valid points about many songs..
the line between inspiration or plagiarism can be grey but joey and amen and captain crash are low points in jons song writing career, not because of the final result but because its heavily based upon other artists work.

there was another mention about saturday night but the final result ends in a truly great song with its own identity, the same goes for never say goodbye. i am pretty sure wanted was also heavily inspired by a couple known songs, but the end result departs from the songs that were guides..
Old 07-09-2020, 02:13 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Default 2020: The New Album

New song out tomorrow called “American Reckoning”.

UPDATE: Its super slow, almost talking, much like Unbroken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by pudge104; 07-09-2020 at 02:15 PM..

Tags
2020 (album)