Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

dance music

Other Bands

Old 08-30-2008, 04:07 PM
Crush

Send a message via MSN to Jim Bon Jovi
Default dance music

so my leftfield thread which was posted on the back of rediscovering some great old skool trance tunes on ministry of sound's anthems 91-08 albumhas put me on a little dance music binge and i've spent the morning doing mixes and mash ups on my laptop. i might even start doing it properly because alot of the stuff sounds really good and whenever i'm DJing and people ask me to break out the dance music and i get to do some proper DJing as opposed to being a talking jukebox it's always great fun and people seem to love it.

but i digress.

anyone else into dance music of any shape or form? could be anything from air to sanchez to the chemical brothers to cascada?

i do love pretty much any commercial dance music even the neddy techno crap i should by all accounts hate. in fact whenever i've been to upscale dance clubs like the ministry in london or B.lo up here i've been really put off because the music is so poncey.

you know when you hear a dj in a rock club and they're playing stuff like the 2nd B side off of the falls 4th single from the 2nd album just to make himself look all cool and hip? i hate that.

but i digress again.

anyone into dance musics and if so what artists and tunes do you like?

there;s one particular tunes i'm thinking will make a few appearances here that seems to cross the boundaries and be loved by pretty much everyone from kids all the way up to people in their 50s from what i've seen but i'll let you all guess it.

Old 08-30-2008, 04:12 PM
Midnight on JoviTalk

I do like dance music I must admit, has to be night time though really doesn't it?

I don't know artists or bands though, my dad has quite a few Dance Music CD's, Europhoria, Judeg Jules comps, etc. So I listen to them mostly.

Oh, I like Scooter Great version of an old classic.

But that's as far as it goes for me really.

What I can't stand about dance music are the really common crappy remixes. I heard a dance remix of a Roxette song a while ago, can't remember which but it was shite. And a dance remix of Rod Stewarts Do Ya Think I'm Sexy, it was horrific. But everynow and then you get a real remix gem like the forementioned Logical Song

Oh that reminds me, I think Scooter did Billy Idol's Rebel Yell, I need to hear that.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Midnight on JoviTalk

Oh and apart from Scooter I really hate the high pitched voices as well. At least Scooter have decent songs, every other artist that uses it use it on the most crappiest songs.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:29 PM
Crush

scooter's dancing all over the world is a remix of sailor's glas sof champagne too

i think i'll go and borrow that from the internetz for my set tonight. some rich girls 18th i'll be nigh on shocked if i'm not asked to do some dancey stuff

i was having a think about dj's in general during my set last night because i get heavy amounts of shit from a musicians forum i post in for doing it.

apparently anyone can dj, you're just a human jukebox etc... and your point about shitty big tune remixes posts a very valid point: if anyone could dj and there was no such thing as a "good" dj then the prodigy wouldn;t have 50k people watching them at festivals, eric prydz wouldn't be charging 25-40 quid a go to see him in a nightclub and shit remixes wouldn't even exist
Old 08-30-2008, 04:37 PM
Midnight on JoviTalk

Oh and Chicane! Even though I've only heard two tracks, but they're awesome ones
Old 08-30-2008, 04:43 PM
Crush

meh can'[t get scooter to run but justice v simian will be banging tonight

i should took up djing instead of playing that guitar, i dunno if it's just the novelty but it's alot more fun to me just now, there's less gear to cart around (and spend money on) and it is somewhat easier when you're using a laptop to do it.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:52 PM
Midnight on JoviTalk

I wanted to be a DJ when I was younger.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:20 PM
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldsausage II View Post
I wanted to be a DJ when I was younger.
you're only 16... it's not that difficult to get into. just find a local agency. only problem at your age would be getting to and from gigs.

but as someone who did all the usual shitty workign in mcdonalds, shops, pubs, part time student jobs... i really can't think of anything there as easy, fun and as good paying for a part time job as djing
Old 08-30-2008, 06:28 PM
Blaze of Posting

Send a message via MSN to jade4jovi

If I'm in that party, dancey mood I like it. But I don't like certain artists or anything. I don't even really KNOW dance artists, lol. But it's just good to get hyped-up to sometimes. But I would never listen to it, just to listen to it, like a Rock (or whatever) album. I have to be in a very perticular mood.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:53 PM
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade4jovi View Post
If I'm in that party, dancey mood I like it. But I don't like certain artists or anything. I don't even really KNOW dance artists, lol. But it's just good to get hyped-up to sometimes. But I would never listen to it, just to listen to it, like a Rock (or whatever) album. I have to be in a very perticular mood.
philistine

one of the best gigs i've been to was faithless and the prodigy are one of very few bands i've not yet seen that i really want to see.