Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Don't Believe The Truth- 4 months on

Other Bands

Old 10-03-2005, 02:18 PM
Jovi Freak

Send a message via MSN to Christo
Default Don't Believe The Truth- 4 months on

The album is old enough now for people to make a judgement on....what do you all think?? My personal faves are Keep The Dream Alive, The Importance Of Being Idle and Turn Up The Sun. I am hoping they will play those 3 songs in the upcoming tour to Oz, though I haven't been checking their sets in the US etc.

Who else is seeing them through Europe/UK/Japan/Australia??

Fernando Torres- turning straight men gay since July 2007

Old 10-06-2005, 09:57 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

I was really dissapointed with it when it was released but with time it's been growing on me and I saw them live last week in Maryland and since then I've just seen this whole other side of the album. It's really come alive for me now.

I'm still not keen on "Keep The Dream Alive" and "A Bell Will Ring" but all the other songs are absolutely top tunes. I'm really looking forward to their new album, I think they've got to the stage in their career where they are pretty incapable of producing a bad album. Hopefully Noel will write more then 5 songs and the production will be a bit more polished. Overall I think it's safe to say this is easily the best album after Morning Glory. Third single is "Let The Be love" which will be huge.

They've been opening all the gigs (as far as I know) with "Turn Up The Sun" and Noel has also been playing "The Importance of Being Idle". Not sure about "Keep The Dream Alive". I'm seeing them again in Dublin on December 23rd, which is the last gig on this tour, and I am really hoping Noel will play "Part of The Queue". What a tune!

Phil
It seems these days theres so much negativity going on in the world. I dont know maybe being a hopeless romantic or an optimist isnt fashionable but to me those stars up there were just that close,so i couldnt help but sit down with Richie and write this song and so for all the believers out there we're not a dying breed.This is called These Days~JBJ
Old 10-06-2005, 10:24 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

And the reason this couldn't be posted in the other Don't Believe The Truth topic is? Useeeeee the search function now that it's finally back!

Anyway, I was disappointed the first week as it wasn't classic Oasis I hoped for during the first few listens, but now I think the album is very, very good. Keep The Dream Alive is my least favourite track.

Part Of The Queue and Keep The Dream Alive will never be played live, they couldn't get them right during rehearsals. Let There Be Love still needs to be done live, so far only a top of the pops miming performances has been done. For the rest all album tracks have been played live.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 10-06-2005, 10:42 PM
Just posting

I wasn't blown away by it, but it's a vast improvement over Heathen Chemistry.

Turn Up The Sun is my favorite track. It sounded great in concert too.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:56 PM
Blaze of Posting

surprizingly, it's the only OASIS album I gave more than just a fe listens.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:04 PM
Last Man Standing

In all honesty I havnt listened to it that much since I bought it :s Iv put Lyla, A Bell will ring and turn up the sun on a compilation CD and thats about it. If LEt there be love is going to be their next single Im hoping it will grow on me. I do actually think it will be one of those songs which sounds better live.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:17 PM
Jovi Freak

Send a message via MSN to Christo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic
Part Of The Queue and Keep The Dream Alive will never be played live, they couldn't get them right during rehearsals.
Really? Oh crap, that does suck! Anyway, I'm very much looking foward to seeing them live for the first time.

Fernando Torres- turning straight men gay since July 2007
Old 10-07-2005, 11:34 PM
Livin' on a Post

Send a message via Yahoo to joviangel92

4 months later - I still love that album. I still think itīs fantastic & again I canīt wait to see the guys again. Almost 2 months now without them was way too much (better donīt ask what i will be doing next year ). Still my faves are A bell will ring, Part of the Queue, Keep the dream alive and Guess god thinks Iīm able.

And i still hope to hear Part of the queue. Also heard it didnīt went well with the rehearsal but so did Guess god... And this was played in manchester.

Donīt believe the truth is still the album of the year for me...

So i guess, itīs still the same as 4 months ago
Old 10-07-2005, 11:38 PM
Dry County

Default good album

still think it is a good album saw them at milton keynes this year. awful gig sound was terrirble. love their studio music but i will never pay Ģ40 plus to see them live again. seen them at wembley , finsbury park and milton keynes and i wont bother again , cause its always the same there is no effort (from liam anyway)
great last album though and i love keep the dream alive
Old 10-08-2005, 01:10 AM
Just posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbjhand
still think it is a good album saw them at milton keynes this year. awful gig sound was terrirble. love their studio music but i will never pay Ģ40 plus to see them live again. seen them at wembley , finsbury park and milton keynes and i wont bother again , cause its always the same there is no effort (from liam anyway)
great last album though and i love keep the dream alive
Liam......Well, Liam is Liam I guess. He seemed to be having "fun" at the show in Boston this year. It was the best I've ever heard him sound. To me, Liam is cool. It's Noel that gets on my nerves. He acts too serious on stage. Looks like he doesn't even wanna be there.