Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

2020: The New Album

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 03-16-2019, 03:27 PM
Price of posting

Jon said THINFS was a band album and that was awful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 03-16-2019, 04:04 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post
Jon said THINFS was a band album and that was awful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They also went to their first recording studio and it still sounds overproduced. It doen't matter if it is the same people or the same building if everything else has changed. Oh wait, not the same people, still bad.

But Jon and Co also say it is a mature album while I think most would argue against it. It is someone complaining about the world, being stubborn and so on. All fine but don't label it as something which it isn't.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:08 PM
Jovi FANatic

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

Bon Jovi charts because they incorporate downloads and "free" copies of their album to ticket sales and because of a vaste amount of people buy the album regardless of what's on it. A number 1 nowadays means a whole lot less than it did 10 or 20 years ago. Sure, it's still a number 1, but you no longer need to sell as many albums as you did back then to make it to the number 1 spot.

"Someone with a market budget" was the record company, who no longer felt any desire to prove anyone wrong.

They stopped backing Jon up with decent marketing scheme because of whatever Jon came up with. A lot of money went into the promotion of The Circle and it didn't get the album anywhere. Thus the record company stopped promoting it and Jon blamed the record company instead of the shit album he'd just released.

The reason this stuff doesn't get promoted is because Jon's got his "creative" freedom with the new deal and look where it got us. No one's telling him it's shit now and every album drops off the charts once every loyal fan has bought it. So I'm just not buying it. If you want people's attention you'll need to come up with something decent first. And Jon's just not making the music his fanbase wants anymore, and thus no one will be willing to invest either.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

They made a video for every song on THINFS in cooperation with tidal without the RC, right? I think it was the first time that no song of a new album was played on the radio. I usually don't really listen to stations that would play BJ, so I might just have lived in my bubble. I still cannot believe they have chosen tidal a video streaming service where you need to pay to watch the videos.
Same thing with the WWWU video: product placement all over it. Probably the only way to get a video for them without paying for it. I mean has the RC done anything.

So how do other bands get their promotion when there is no money in releasing new music anymore?
Old 03-16-2019, 09:34 PM
Jovi FANatic

i think they are recording and not simply writing demos...
they ll probably keep the rythm parts, drums-bass and probably rythm guitars and add some leads, some more synths and vocals of course.
they probably want to capture the energy of the band playing together live. otherwise i dont think they d all move to nashville to demo one song per day...not at this point of their career..
in the end it all comes down to the material, if jon has a couple more hooks and melodies in him ...
thinfs is an album that got ugly quickly, liked the idea and some lyrics but there was no magic there, at least for me..
ps.wouldnt it be great if jon invited rich for one song at least
Old 03-16-2019, 11:08 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos greece View Post
i think they are recording and not simply writing demos...
they ll probably keep the rythm parts, drums-bass and probably rythm guitars and add some leads, some more synths and vocals of course.
they probably want to capture the energy of the band playing together live. otherwise i dont think they d all move to nashville to demo one song per day...not at this point of their career..
in the end it all comes down to the material, if jon has a couple more hooks and melodies in him ...
thinfs is an album that got ugly quickly, liked the idea and some lyrics but there was no magic there, at least for me..
ps.wouldnt it be great if jon invited rich for one song at least
this is a very possible scenario. I think the demos are already done, John Shanks and JBJ probably took care of that the last few months, and now it's time to recording with the band to Polish the songs and add their instruments with some arrangements to adjust the final version. Later, John Shanks and JBJ mixing the final album.

If they have planned to release the album this year, then the only way is that Jonhad pre-recorded demos before.
Old 03-16-2019, 11:17 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

I think the songs are written and demoed and they're recording them from scratch with the band. That's the only scenario that makes sense if they're all recording together in a different state. They have the blueprints, record live off the floor, keep the drum tracks and replace the instruments one by one that need it.
Old 03-17-2019, 12:06 AM
Something for the Posts

I'm really pleased that it looks like Phil will be there for the whole process this time and not brought in at the end to do 4 solos. That could be the albums saving grace at this stage...

Last edited by Thinny; 03-17-2019 at 11:08 AM..
Old 03-17-2019, 06:55 AM
Jovi Freak

You better wake up and record good music

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvGQA9MnX4V/
Old 03-18-2019, 12:07 PM
Jovi Addict

Send a message via MSN to Jack27

I think it was Tico who said at the fan event in Sydney that Jon played the new songs to the band on the plane and they were reallygood? So that would suggest they have been recorded in some way prior to this process
Old 03-18-2019, 12:12 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack27 View Post
I think it was Tico who said at the fan event in Sydney that Jon played the new songs to the band on the plane and they were reallygood? So that would suggest they have been recorded in some way prior to this process
I think Jon said he recorded acoustic demos into his iPhone...

Tags
2020 (album)