Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Alec Up To Scratch?

General BJ Discussion

Old 03-15-2006, 10:00 PM
Jovi Addict

Send a message via MSN to biotlobj
Default Alec Up To Scratch?

I would'av loved to be born and see the band play live in the Alec days (been a hardcore fan since These Days). He just looks so cool. I have seen a documentry of Bon Jovi. In a part of it Jon boy said that the reason Alec ain't in the band no more is that Jon gave him the sack for making many mistakes playing live. My point being is do you think the band would sitill be about if Jon never sack'ed him? Dont get me wrong i think hugh is great for what he does, but i think Jon could have picked a better bass player than him well you wont get better than hugh i no he aint part of the real band but he seems very lafargic (lazy) when playing live. Where as Alec looked as he also got the crowd moving. Or would it have been better if Jon gave Alec a major caution that he could get the sack and still be in the band. I dont know Jon could'av gave him a few caution's. Whats Alec up to now anyway? Has he played live or done his own thing acting or in another band........ whatever does any body know what he has done since he left Bon Jovi?

Old 03-15-2006, 10:12 PM
Midnight on JoviTalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by biotlobj
I would'av loved to be born and see the band play live in the Alec days (been a hardcore fan since These Days). He just looks so cool. I have seen a documentry of Bon Jovi. In a part of it Jon boy said that the reason Alec ain't in the band no more is that Jon gave him the sack for making many mistakes playing live. My point being is do you think the band would sitill be about if Jon never sack'ed him? Dont get me wrong i think hugh is great for what he does, but i think Jon could have picked a better bass player than him well you wont get better than hugh i no he aint part of the real band but he seems very lafargic (lazy) when playing live. Where as Alec looked as he also got the crowd moving. Or would it have been better if Jon gave Alec a major caution that he could get the sack and still be in the band. I dont know Jon could'av gave him a few caution's. Whats Alec up to now anyway? Has he played live or done his own thing acting or in another band........ whatever does any body know what he has done since he left Bon Jovi?
that's just incoherent babble.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:17 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
hmm... right.. but ANYway,

Yes i guess Alec was more the ''rockstar'' and was more exciting to watch onstage, and no-one knows the full ins and outs of why he was fired. It cant of just been over his bass playing, as someone just doesnt suddenly become crap overnight who has been touring with the band for years. I have several bootleggs of early shows and personally never have been able to hear any major mistakes in his playing, enough to warrant sacking someone over. The real reasons were probably drug related/money/a woman (or, as a rumour has it, something to do with a gun..?!)

Alec joined them onstage a few years back for Wanted. Hes not up to much nowadays i think, lives ona farm or something.

andi
That you are all you really need
JBJ - I believe

"Sambora's face is a mask of joyous disbelief, as if previously unaware of his ability to play the instrument at all. Reaching the last fistful of notes, he does a fair impression of a man who is actually ejaculating into his jet black flares."
. . . Ben Mitchell, Q Magazine

Last edited by Living_on_my_Hair; 03-15-2006 at 10:19 PM..
Old 03-15-2006, 10:24 PM
Jovi Fan

Um, I don't think I speak your language. Sorry. HA HA Joking.

I bet he did give him warnings, and I guess he was just making too many mistakes and it was enough? I'm just guessing here, but I don't think Jon would fire his band member/friend without a REALLY good reason.

Apparently Jon says he left on good terms though, so maybe he never really fired him. Who knows.

...YOU LIVE FOR THE FIGHT, WHEN IT'S ALL THAT YOU'VE GOT... KEY CHANGE... WHOAAAA
Old 03-15-2006, 10:44 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Alec was given warnings. If you watch Behind the Music, Richie talks about how he screwed up all the time and how he and Dave had to cover for him all the time. Having a competent player allows Richie and Dave to concentrate on their own playing.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:54 PM
Jovi Addict

Send a message via MSN to biotlobj

yes behind the music thats the show i saw. these were not jon's exact words but he said "enough is enough i had to do it hes mistakes got to often and major richie and dave allways coverd for him" somthing amongst those lines anyway it was over a year ago i saw it.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:49 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

As I said recently, Hugh hugh hugh hugh hugh all the way.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:59 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
You can't write proper english and Obviously don't know how to play Bass.
Hugh is playing everything that Alec played but he's playing it right.
How that warrant's laziness I don't know.
oohh I forgot, you want to see a 50+ year old man jump and dance right?
Old 03-16-2006, 02:33 AM
Next 100 Posts

WAIT! ...I thought he was let go after he gave a "tell all" interview to People or Vanity Fair or some such magazine. I take it I'm wrong, huh? Did that come after he was let go?

"Don't tell Chicago that I dig playing Soldier Field." -- JBJ 7/21/06, Soldier Field, Chicago, IL

"Someday...I'll be Saturday night."
"I could kick this bare world's ass if I could just get on my feet."
Old 03-16-2006, 02:52 AM
Next 100 Posts

Send a message via MSN to Mrspud

hey Javier, you gotta lighten up man, hugh's quality as a bass player is undeniable, but the guy's a statue on stage.
I mean flea is arguably the best rock bassist going and that guy just cant keep still! And he's not far off 50 himself.
And I am a bassist.

PS. Your english is'nt always great either!( Pot - Kettle- black?)

Last edited by Mrspud; 03-16-2006 at 02:54 AM.. Reason: forgot