Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Your fondest Bon Jovi memory

General BJ Discussion

Old 05-07-2022, 03:49 PM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
There's a video of the thunderstorm setting in in Munich 2001, but none of Dublin 2000.

Gesendet von meinem X30 mit Tapatalk
Was it 2000? Somehow I have it in my head it was 96.
I'm sure there was an old bootleg cassette with it
Jul '96 Dublin
Jun '98 Linz JBJ
Aug '00 Zeltweg Austria
Aug '00 Dublin
Jun '01 Dublin
Jun '01 Vienna
May '03 Vienna
May '06 Dublin
Jun '08 Dublin
22/23 Jun '10 London(02)
29/30 Jun '11 Dublin
22 Jul '11 Vienna
16 Oct '12 London Richie
2013 Manchester/Slane Castle/London/LA/Las Vegas
30 Jun '14 Dublin Richie Solo
Mar '17 San Diego/LA
7/8 Apr '18 New Jersey
15/16 June '19, Dublin
July '19 Dusseldorf/Munich
Apr '22 Austin/Houston

Old 05-07-2022, 05:05 PM
These Days

I've tried to compile a list of the highlights of my fandom.

- Hearing TLFR version of It's My Life in like 2007 on my way back from an amazing basketball game that my team won, while having heard the original version many years before (and liking it), this version just clicked with me it was just the perfect timing. I was already getting into classic rock at the time and it was the first sign that I should include Bon Jovi in the bands I should pay attention to.
- Hearing Dry County for the first time in 2008, when on November Rain's wikipedia page, its description compared to it epic lengthy rock ballads like Stairway To Heaven and Dry County (which I never heard before). That Richie's solo, that Jon's "Oh, down in..." before the last chorus. GOAT stuff here.
- Following The Circle Tour as a die-hard fan for the first time after joining Jovitalk in early 2010, following the setlists, watching videos. Good times.
- Seeing them for the first time in 2010, O2 night 11, hearing several rarities including the first ever public live performance of Santa Fe
- Watching YouTube clips of special performances in 2010-11 with things I never thought Jon could still do like Something To Believe In, high notes in These Days, a scream in I Believe, high notes in These Days, etc.
- Seeing them for the third time in Vienna 2011 and finally getting Always in the second encore, my favorite song ever.
- Jon visiting that sick kid (Mario) in I believe 2014 or 2015 based on his or his friends Facebook campaign, and showing up just by himself with no photographer or journalist, with nothing to promote, no agenda, etc. I already considered him done as a singer at that point, so it felt good to confirm the kind of human
- Hearing Living With The Ghost for the second time (first time I wasn't paying attention to the lyrics), especially that climax "that man was me" before the last chorus. Great songwriting reflecting very
- Seeing them for the fourth time in London 2019 and despite all Jon's vocal flaws, having a damn good time in what will likely end up my personal farewell, which included getting Always, followed by Prayer, which is a damn good last impression.
- Hearing Blood In The Water for the first time - maybe not the songwriting masterpiece, but musically definitely a throwback to the Dry County and the 90s ballad style. The fact that Jon, whom once again, I consider very much done, throwing us a bone like this, felt quite special. A true last hurrah for me as a fan.
Old 05-07-2022, 05:20 PM
Something for the Posts

Two instantly jump out at me.

Seeing them for the first time and the NEC in Birmingham on the KTF tour. The image of Richie coming on stage right in front on me, just a silhouette in front a blue light and opening with the I Believe riff is forever etched in my brain! Then hearing Jon do Fields of Fire acoustic I think for the first time ever. I loved the song instantly, so was happy it finally got released 3 years later on the These Days special edition! Hearing them do Blood on Blood that night was a fantastic suprise I wasn't expecting (we didn't have setlist.fm back then haha), one of my favourite songs!

Second would be seeing them at the Nokia Theatre in NYC. Seeing them at such an small venue was incredible, almost in exactly the same spot as i was at the NEC. Jon was really giving it his all that night and the people around us in the crowd were some of the most freindly people i'd ever met at a gig. All massive Bon Jovi geeks. Such a great night!

Another one that just came to me was hearing them do It's Hard Letting You Go in the encore at the last night of the O2 run.

Last edited by Thinny; 05-07-2022 at 05:25 PM..
Old 05-07-2022, 07:34 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

I need to say this also. Previously, I said my fondest Bon Jovi memories would be the two times I witnessed them on the European leg of the NJ tour.

But when it comes to Bon Jovi concerts I’ve not witnessed myself, I’d say Giants stadium 1989 would be the greatest ever. Jon’s high screams during the outro of IBTFY are out of this world. I just listened to the YT video once again. Jon even hits his acoustic guitar with his fist after the screams. That’s the coolest moment in rock history if you ask me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2022, 10:57 AM
Undiscovered Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevs View Post
Was it 2000? Somehow I have it in my head it was 96.
I'm sure there was an old bootleg cassette with it
According to some reviews posted on the forum it was the concert in RDS 2000.

“This was the most amazing concert of my life, Bon Jovi
rocked beyond words! It was the most fun I ever had in
torrential rain and the lightning only added to the
fantastic atmosphere-lol! The highlights had to be Jon's
funky chicken routine and the lightning strike replying to
jon's "I won't have to shower tomorrow because of the rain"
comment. It was way better than the Wembley concert last
weekend. Come back again lads, next summer-i hope!!"

I think there's a bootleg of this out there somewhere, not on YouTube tho.
Old 05-08-2022, 11:04 AM
Undiscovered Posts

My first memory was watching live from London when I was still a kid, my uncle had the VHS of it, that made the Bon Jovi name stick to my head.

I also remember following the Circle Tour in 2010-11 and that's something that I'll always cherish and remember fondly of. Their concert in Sao Paulo back in 2010, when we sang Tico Happy Bday and that performance of These Days! I remember Jon being so surpresed by the reception of the audience, because they hadn't play there since the These Days tour.
So many memories. Even now, interacting with fans on the YouTube premieres, sharing our memories and sharing Bon Jovi's legacy, that's something I still love to do.